Thread for the drunkards

Bryanrebe

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

Read that and thought, "Bet they're well northern, and probably female", and then read the rest. Am I perceptive or what?

Hahaha, all the points to you this eve. I used to struggle to hide my northerness until I realised it was a shield of glory. 

Just now, annavon said:

Hahaha, all the points to you this eve. I used to struggle to hide my northerness until I realised it was a shield of glory. 

I know the days are shorter oop north but it's the morning luv ;) . What you doing up at this time?

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

I know the days are shorter oop north but it's the morning luv 😉 . What you doing up at this time?

It all seems the same to me these days! We lost an hour so I’m making up for it 🌝. I work at the hospital on call most weeks and this is an off weekend so I’m making the most of it - ravaging a crate of cheap lager and watching old sets, how come you are up so late/early?

1 minute ago, annavon said:

It all seems the same to me these days! We lost an hour so I’m making up for it 🌝. I work at the hospital on call most weeks and this is an off weekend so I’m making the most of it - ravaging a crate of cheap lager and watching old sets, how come you are up so late/early?

My body clock is also haywire. Just got home from work. My shifts suck also. Playing on Pokerstars and drinking wine. Night shift tomorrow so can sleep in 'till about 5-6pm (hopefully. Normal people on normal time permitting).

And as I type my pair of pocket aces have just been beaten by JQ off suit. Ffs.

On 3/21/2021 at 10:20 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Sounds like your boss is going to end up the same way as my work colleague did.

I have an unhealthy addiction of my own, and probably drink way more than anybody should, every day. However, I am able to function - most of the time. 

It is a thin line we tread. My boss is on the bad side, I guess most of us here are on the right side, just. The whole pandemic thing has put it all in to sharp perspective I think.

Edited by bamber
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

My body clock is also haywire. Just got home from work. My shifts suck also. Playing on Pokerstars and drinking wine. Night shift tomorrow so can sleep in 'till about 5-6pm (hopefully. Normal people on normal time permitting).

And as I type my pair of pocket aces have just been beaten by JQ off suit. Ffs.

Shifts are shite! That’s my slogan I’m preparing for the day we get to stick it to the man. Although that day seems ever dwindling these days. Stay tough though fella; just keep looking as it as a means to an end, that’s what I do! 

1 minute ago, annavon said:

Shifts are shite! That’s my slogan I’m preparing for the day we get to stick it to the man. Although that day seems ever dwindling these days. Stay tough though fella; just keep looking as it as a means to an end, that’s what I do! 

Ditto. Thankful to have a job in this climate, etc, etc. This particular man is sticking it to everyone in this country atm from my perspective, and the majority don't seem to either notice or care. Apparently the majority are all for having it stuck to them. Or stolen from them and given to the mans mates.

2 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Ditto. Thankful to have a job in this climate, etc, etc. This particular man is sticking it to everyone in this country atm from my perspective, and the majority don't seem to either notice or care. Apparently the majority are all for having it stuck to them. Or stolen from them and given to the mans mates.

Ahh absolute same pet! I had to take two weeks off recently for mental health reasons (I work in bereavement and work within the mortuary too, sorry everyone 😞I know that’s so heavy for a drunkard thread)and just felt guilty the entire time. However awful it sounds, I’m lucky to have consistent work during this horrific time. 
I just wish everyone whatever their circumstances knew that it’s alright to look after themselves. It’s been a bloody shite year and everyone’s problems are valid. I’m always here for a good natter if anybody needs, FYI! (Used to work as a counselled so I’m actually proper good at it!)

2 minutes ago, annavon said:

Ahh absolute same pet! I had to take two weeks off recently for mental health reasons (I work in bereavement and work within the mortuary too, sorry everyone 😞I know that’s so heavy for a drunkard thread)and just felt guilty the entire time. However awful it sounds, I’m lucky to have consistent work during this horrific time. 
I just wish everyone whatever their circumstances knew that it’s alright to look after themselves. It’s been a bloody shite year and everyone’s problems are valid. I’m always here for a good natter if anybody needs, FYI! (Used to work as a counselled so I’m actually proper good at it!)

Aww. You sound nice (I'm definitely under the influence now lol). This is the drunkard thread and drunks can get a bit maudlin at times. It's to be expected.

I've been joking recently that I am just one straw away from my next breakdown. And it's been a year full of straws. Totally getting the, "but I can't complain, others have it worse", vibe. Yeah. Fair enough, but I'm allowed to be stressed out at the moment. I've got other stuff going on besides the covid restrictions.

I've been having to call people out on this recently. 

Sorry for the delay replying. The poker got interesting. (plus booze). Don't stay up on my account. I'd hate to keep anyone awake.

4 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Aww. You sound nice (I'm definitely under the influence now lol). This is the drunkard thread and drunks can get a bit maudlin at times. It's to be expected.

I've been joking recently that I am just one straw away from my next breakdown. And it's been a year full of straws. Totally getting the, "but I can't complain, others have it worse", vibe. Yeah. Fair enough, but I'm allowed to be stressed out at the moment. I've got other stuff going on besides the covid restrictions.

I've been having to call people out on this recently. 

Sorry for the delay replying. The poker got interesting. (plus booze). Don't stay up on my account. I'd hate to keep anyone awake.

Lad!! This is why I gravitated towards the drunkard gaff because 1) I love a bevvy and 2) because I knew everyone is able to spill their guts here which is so good for you, however daft you feel the day after.

One straw away from a breakdown? Then good sir, how bloody tough are you to make it this far and to admit that you’re experiencing a period of diminishing mental health. You need to sit and recognise how strong you are to even just exist in the here and now, given the fact that you feel this straw is your last. But I genuinely promise that I’m here to listen if you feel like you need to offload anything, however daft it may seem! Your problems do not lessen purely because somebody else’s seem bigger. Everything is relative my love, and you have so, SO much to offer the world. 

I’m always here pet x

24 minutes ago, annavon said:

Lad!! This is why I gravitated towards the drunkard gaff because 1) I love a bevvy and 2) because I knew everyone is able to spill their guts here which is so good for you, however daft you feel the day after.

One straw away from a breakdown? Then good sir, how bloody tough are you to make it this far and to admit that you’re experiencing a period of diminishing mental health. You need to sit and recognise how strong you are to even just exist in the here and now, given the fact that you feel this straw is your last. But I genuinely promise that I’m here to listen if you feel like you need to offload anything, however daft it may seem! Your problems do not lessen purely because somebody else’s seem bigger. Everything is relative my love, and you have so, SO much to offer the world. 

I’m always here pet x

I know. Right? Thank you.

Ooooh she's good. Isn't she? Everyone? 

That's better than the work counselling programme that work suggested I contact. In the space of an hour as opposed to half an hour every fortnight or so over months.

Too good to be true?

The (drunken) paranoid (it's an unfortunate family trait) poster in me is wondering if I've been set up.

Genuine new account? Old member? Someone from work? All three?

Absolutely no offence meant if it's the first @annavon. And really really really sorry. I couldn't apologise enough.

The poker is still ongoing and but need to go to bed when that ends. And as I type it's ended.

Night night then.

1 hour ago, annavon said:

Hello folks! I’m a long time lurker (since my first Glasto of 2016 that got me bloody hooked) and I finally got the bollocks to make myself known. I check this bloody forum every day and buzz off the convo’s that go on and didn’t even consider how much becoming a participant could add to my life. Also I’m proper pissed off clubcard price lager (and watching Kylie 2019 - once my partner sods off to kip I just go through old Glasto sets and sit and drink and/or cry) . I feel so chuffed to finally say hello! 

Welcome Annavon, and cheeeeeeeeers 🥴

E88901FF-DA38-4D96-BDD1-02A9057D16CC.jpeg

23 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I know. Right? Thank you.

Ooooh she's good. Isn't she? Everyone? 

That's better than the work counselling programme that work suggested I contact. In the space of an hour as opposed to half an hour every fortnight or so over months.

Too good to be true?

The (drunken) paranoid (it's an unfortunate family trait) poster in me is wondering if I've been set up.

Genuine new account? Old member? Someone from work? All three?

Absolutely no offence meant if it's the first @annavon. And really really really sorry. I couldn't apologise enough.

The poker is still ongoing and but need to go to bed when that ends. And as I type it's ended.

Night night then.

Absolutely no offence taken lad, I’m a similar kind of folk that questions the intentions of everyone who crosses me path! However self destructive it might seem at times, I’m like you and will always protect myself from pisstakers by just brushing them off. Don’t worry about it. But I am just a genuine lass just here to share my love for the fest that revived my passion for life and the future and somebody who genuinely just wants to help anyone who needs it. 

I feel a bit bad and regretful now for posting as honestly as I have, although it’s very much against my nature to be regretful. I never want to negatively affect anyone, especially somebody going through what you’ve spoken about.

Although it probably doesn’t do anything for my authenticity, I’ve just spent ages scrolling through the Bohemian Rhapsody film on Prime to get to the Live Aid bit to cry along to because YouTube wasn’t working on me telly. 

Big love all x

4 hours ago, annavon said:

Hello folks! I’m a long time lurker (since my first Glasto of 2016 that got me bloody hooked) and I finally got the bollocks to make myself known. I check this bloody forum every day and buzz off the convo’s that go on and didn’t even consider how much becoming a participant could add to my life. Also I’m proper pissed off clubcard price lager (and watching Kylie 2019 - once my partner sods off to kip I just go through old Glasto sets and sit and drink and/or cry) . I feel so chuffed to finally say hello! 

Can someone please give this some upvotes (I'm out).

1 hour ago, annavon said:

Absolutely no offence taken lad, I’m a similar kind of folk that questions the intentions of everyone who crosses me path! However self destructive it might seem at times, I’m like you and will always protect myself from pisstakers by just brushing them off. Don’t worry about it. But I am just a genuine lass just here to share my love for the fest that revived my passion for life and the future and somebody who genuinely just wants to help anyone who needs it. 

I feel a bit bad and regretful now for posting as honestly as I have, although it’s very much against my nature to be regretful. I never want to negatively affect anyone, especially somebody going through what you’ve spoken about.

Although it probably doesn’t do anything for my authenticity, I’ve just spent ages scrolling through the Bohemian Rhapsody film on Prime to get to the Live Aid bit to cry along to because YouTube wasn’t working on me telly. 

Big love all x

5 hours ago, annavon said:

Cheers pet! I knew I’d get a warm welcome. I’m a northern lass (Geordie, Irish father, Scottish mother) so I definitely belong in the drunkards thread I reckon. I also reside in Liverpool which just adds to the novelty. You’re all such sound folk and I can’t wait to get excited for next year with you all!

Welcome on board 🙂