Brave Sir Robin

Your playlist is amazing, not that I'm looking for alternatives, BUT is there playlists by any of the stages or areas or focusing on music that's their kinda vibe? I was hoping for this to get a feel for what areas I might like to spend some time in ! 

1 hour ago, am00 said:

Your playlist is amazing, not that I'm looking for alternatives, BUT is there playlists by any of the stages or areas or focusing on music that's their kinda vibe? I was hoping for this to get a feel for what areas I might like to spend some time in ! 

There will be - at the moment it’s too early as we only have the main poster and the Avalon lineup (and self-confirms/rumours from all over the place). What kind of music did you have in mind and perhaps we can say which areas might suit you best?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/16/2022 at 10:57 AM, Brave Sir Robin said:

There will be - at the moment it’s too early as we only have the main poster and the Avalon lineup (and self-confirms/rumours from all over the place). What kind of music did you have in mind and perhaps we can say which areas might suit you best?

Oh I feel put on the spot now!! 

My previous fave moment at the festival was Fatboy Slim in John Peel 2016, but I was also shocked how impressed I was with Coldplay that same year. 

From the playlist the new acts I've discovered and plan to see are Koffee, Sampha the Great, Declan McKenna. 

And I realised how many songs I knew/loved of Foals and Caribou so they're on the list. 

BIcep and Arlo Parks would be high on my list...and my husband will be happy if he only sees Kendrick Lamar all weekend! 

15 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

3 months of Spotify for a tenner. Get in! This thread is suddenly interesting. Which is the best playlist? 😁

Which playlist?  This is the only one you need (there will be ones for individual stages later probably) - but this is Brave Sir Robin's - a work of art

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1xkrdebGnAUMN8Avhc5Snx?si=97a7ae8f012a4d2c

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Listening to the full playlist on random and Bradfords finest Bad Boy Chiller Crew just popped up on it.

I must have missed when they confirmed or were rumoured to be playing. Definitely one for a late session after a few ciders. 

I'm fairly certain they self-confirmed a couple of weeks ago.

28 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Listening to the full playlist on random and Bradfords finest Bad Boy Chiller Crew just popped up on it.

I must have missed when they confirmed or were rumoured to be playing. Definitely one for a late session after a few ciders. 

They had this on Instagram:

image.png.dba4bb52783c1d168684da60376a5a9c.png

I've updated the Glastonbury 2022 playlist with Silver Hayes - taking a quality first approach, I've added all the acts recommended in the Silver Hayes and Electronica/Dance threads on here first. 1-4 tracks depending on popularity. As always, tracks are what the acts play live. For DJs, setlist.fm is rarely of assistance so this info is mostly from 1001tracklists and MixesDB (if anyone knows of any other sources please tell me). DJ tracks are only included where they play their own material in their sets, which is not the case for many of the DJs on there.

I'll get to the acts that haven't garnered any attention when I can.

Any comments or suggestions for improvement always welcome.

For a fuller Silver Hayes experience, @jefwefwef has put together a playlist with every act's 5 most popular tracks on Spotify here.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've updated the Glastonbury 2022 playlist with Silver Hayes - taking a quality first approach, I've added all the acts recommended in the Silver Hayes and Electronica/Dance threads on here first. 1-4 tracks depending on popularity. As always, tracks are what the acts play live. For DJs, setlist.fm is rarely of assistance so this info is mostly from 1001tracklists and MixesDB (if anyone knows of any other sources please tell me). DJ tracks are only included where they play their own material in their sets, which is not the case for many of the DJs on there.

I'll get to the acts that haven't garnered any attention when I can.

Any comments or suggestions for improvement always welcome.

For a fuller Silver Hayes experience, @jefwefwef has put together a playlist with every act's 5 most popular tracks on Spotify here.

@Brave Sir Robin should I subscribe to one of the apps which supports porting the full playlist into Tidal? 

The equivalent of what I think @Badlands is doing with the Apple version.  

I know you were kind enough to create one and update it previously, but it seems a bit onerous if you're the person updating that too, given how much you put into this motherload.

6 hours ago, clarkete said:

@Brave Sir Robin should I subscribe to one of the apps which supports porting the full playlist into Tidal? 

The equivalent of what I think @Badlands is doing with the Apple version.  

I know you were kind enough to create one and update it previously, but it seems a bit onerous if you're the person updating that too, given how much you put into this motherload.

Great idea, cheers. If you subscribe to tunemymusic, they say they will port & automatically sync. No doubt other services will do the same.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

I can vouch for tunemymusic.com having ported over the playlist already and it worked a treat. I also used it successfully to migrate my Spotify library when I decided to leave Spotify for Tidal.

The first 500 tracks are free and it's only a couple of quid for a month beyond that (you can cancel any time). Haven't tried the auto-sync but I am pretty confident it'll work.

Yes, I did use the free version before on a massive playlist I've got, but i broke it into chunks of 500 at a time, which was a little tedious tbh, but i am cheap 🙂 

I've signed up now, figured it was time to repay my debt to @Brave Sir Robin

Tidal version of @Brave Sir Robin's playlist, which is set to do a daily sync at 4am every day. 

Says it has 941 tracks and the first sync said it failed to find 7, which seems OK. 

Let me know any access issues etc.

https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/a1faa698-3b51-42ca-aa3d-b2c9f030cf90

@Brave Sir Robin your earlier version that you kindly created for me is still being shared which has the previous 640 tracks, so maybe worth stopping the share at some point to avoid confusion?

8 hours ago, TASHMA BWABWE said:

Ohhh...thanks for this! I hadn't clocked that playlists can be shared in Tidal; makes sense but thought that feature was missing for some reason. Excellent news!

Yeah tbh I only knew as BSR exported a version earlier at my request as I ditched my Spotify sub. 

11 hours ago, clarkete said:

Tidal version of @Brave Sir Robin's playlist, which is set to do a daily sync at 4am every day. 

Says it has 941 tracks and the first sync said it failed to find 7, which seems OK. 

Let me know any access issues etc.

https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/a1faa698-3b51-42ca-aa3d-b2c9f030cf90

@Brave Sir Robin your earlier version that you kindly created for me is still being shared which has the previous 640 tracks, so maybe worth stopping the share at some point to avoid confusion?

Great, many thanks Clerkete. When it fails to find tracks it's worth seeing which ones, as you can usually find them yourself.

Be interested to see how the sync works - and whether you get alerted if it can't find a new track.

I can't see how to stop sharing the previous Tidal one, but I've added the date to make it clear it's out of date.

Meanwhile, on the Spotify playlist itself, I'm about halfway through checking/adding all the remaining acts from Silver Hayes. The non-electronic acts there often get missed, but there's a couple of interesting female R&B singer-songwriters in Hope Tala and Lola Young.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I can't see how to stop sharing the previous Tidal one, but I've added the date to make it clear it's out of date.

Of course, it's just a link to that tidal playlist so unless the playlist was deleted it would presumably still point there? 

One other thing - if it's no bother do you think it would help folks to bung the links to the apple, deezer and tidal versions (& any others?) on the bottom of the post that has your Spotify version? 

Seeing that they're just reformatted versions of your masterpiece and makes it easy for others to find as the big day gets nearer. 

Arcadia acts now added to the playlist (up to 3 tracks based on recent tracklists). Also the latest self-confirmations, and updated Macca - his most often played tracks from recent years are perhaps a little odd, and I thought about changing them for his most often played of all time, but I figured no-one really needs reminding of Let It Be, Hey Jude etc. Even if that does mean the playlist now features the aberration that is Ob-La-Di, Ob-La Da.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Arcadia acts now added to the playlist (up to 3 tracks based on recent tracklists). Also the latest self-confirmations, and updated Macca - his most often played tracks from recent years are perhaps a little odd, and I thought about changing them for his most often played of all time, but I figured no-one really needs reminding of Let It Be, Hey Jude etc. Even if that does mean the playlist now features the aberration that is Ob-La-Di, Ob-La Da.

Great work as always @Brave Sir Robin

Just to get the links in one place, here's where your handiwork has been converted to apple, deezer and tidal respectively:-

https://music.apple.com/gb/playlist/glastonbury-2022/pl.u-NpXm60muGlzvL by @Badlands

https://deezer.page.link/qJSni3BGsQQUmPih7 by @duke88

https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/a1faa698-3b51-42ca-aa3d-b2c9f030cf90 by @clarkete

So if any efester has questions or issues with the other formats specifically, then please don't raise that with BSR, he's got more than enough to do.

Also, if there are other other popular services which folks want supported then do say, it's possible the app I used for tidal will support others.

Tunemymusic certainly has a lot of choices and does it easily even if in sync mode it doesn't seem to offer any constructive feedback about any tracks which didn't make the cut.

• Upvote 2