Brave Sir Robin

3 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

So... Undertones are rumoured?

Confirmed for the Acoustic (which doesn't mean it's an acoustic set)

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

On a simile vein. Why are McFly on there? Are they doing the kidz field?

They've mentioned it a couple of times in interviews. And have a Glasto shaped hole in their tour dates - play in Cornwall a few days later. Doing a Busted-type slot in Avalon, presumably.

Updates to the playlist are self-confirmations Overmono and Suzanne Vega and new tracks for ETC runner-up and getting-pretty-big-already young singer-songwriter Matilda Mann and HAAi.

On 3/10/2022 at 9:31 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Good work. I use tunemymusic.com to transfer playlists, but the free version is limited to 500 tracks per playlist. Is there a limit with the free version of SongShift? Doesn't look like it.

I don’t think it does, the pro version lets you upload multiple playlists simultaneously. Your playlist was exported without too much trouble

On 3/10/2022 at 9:31 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Ah, thank you very much for making the effort to do that! It's appreciated. Glad you enjoy the playlist, it's a real labour of love. Any thoughts or comments on how to improve it are always welcome.

Good work. I use tunemymusic.com to transfer playlists, but the free version is limited to 500 tracks per playlist. Is there a limit with the free version of SongShift? Doesn't look like it.

You're a fucking star, good Sir. Nothing to improve it, already great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Badlands said:

I don’t think it does, the pro version lets you upload multiple playlists simultaneously. Your playlist was exported without too much trouble

Ah, shame that it's ios only. For years I've relied on @Brave Sir Robinbut a wee while back finally decided to ditch Spotify for tidal for a few reasons. The 500 track transfer limit did mean that one of mine took a wee while, so I'll wait and see if I have any resale joy before I cross that bridge.

Thanks as always Robin 😊

• Upvote 1

Some lovely efesters have helped to secure my ticket so now I turn to the vital matter of @Brave Sir Robin s playlist.

I've done a quick search in this topic and no sign that anybody has mentioned copying it into tidal yet?  Having checked the 2019 one I'm confident it's gonna easily burst through the 500 track limit of the tool mentioned above which is available on windows.

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

Some lovely efesters have helped to secure my ticket so now I turn to the vital matter of @Brave Sir Robin s playlist.

I've done a quick search in this topic and no sign that anybody has mentioned copying it into tidal yet?  Having checked the 2019 one I'm confident it's gonna easily burst through the 500 track limit of the tool mentioned above which is available on windows.

Here’s the current version on Tidal: https://tidal.com/playlist/04252db6-d1e5-49ad-9d9b-df79177cdcf8.

I used SongShift - it’s much slower than TuneMyMusic, only seems to work with the app open and had more errors to correct, but no 500 song limit.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Here’s the current version on Tidal: https://tidal.com/playlist/04252db6-d1e5-49ad-9d9b-df79177cdcf8.

I used SongShift - it’s much slower than TuneMyMusic, only seems to work with the app open and had more errors to correct, but no 500 song limit.

As ever, you're the wind beneath my wings 😍

The Glastonbury 2022 playlist has been updated with the self-confirmed WH Lung, Red Hot Riot and Sister Suzie; Strong Rumour (for Arcadia) Aphex Twin; new tracks based on recent setlists for Big Thief, Khruangbin and Rufus Wainwright; remastered tracks for Jarvis (although surely they aren't old enough to warrant remastering??) and extended (better) versions of tracks for Roisin Murphy.

3 hours ago, TiZuff said:

feel like ill get picked on for this but ... any apple music version? 😄

If you look one page back on this thread, @Badlands had transferred it over to Apple (as it stood then). 

Added self-confirmed DJ Ewan McVicar ('Tell Me Something Good') to the playlist (Spotify version!)

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 12:22 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Confirmed for the Acoustic (which doesn't mean it's an acoustic set)

They've mentioned it a couple of times in interviews. And have a Glasto shaped hole in their tour dates - play in Cornwall a few days later. Doing a Busted-type slot in Avalon, presumably.

Updates to the playlist are self-confirmations Overmono and Suzanne Vega and new tracks for ETC runner-up and getting-pretty-big-already young singer-songwriter Matilda Mann and HAAi.

Aww had missed Suzanne Vega's self-confirmation.  Saw her a few years back at the Hard Rock Cafe, Manchester and she was ace - very small intimate gig.

A bit late getting to the 2022 playlist as I didn't have tickets and looking would have obviously jinxed my chances. I have downloaded it to play in my car. I know this is a stupid question but does the downloaded one also update with new additions? 

26 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

A bit late getting to the 2022 playlist as I didn't have tickets and looking would have obviously jinxed my chances. I have downloaded it to play in my car. I know this is a stupid question but does the downloaded one also update with new additions? 

think it does, yeah. In my own playlists that I have downloaded, if I add new songs to them then they download next time I'm on WiFi.

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

think it does, yeah. In my own playlists that I have downloaded, if I add new songs to them then they download next time I'm on WiFi.

Yeah, I used BSR's spotify one for years and that's exactly what it did for me too.  I think you could set it to download over mobile data too, but of course that's not something many of us do as we don't mind waiting until it's quicker or free.

Edited by clarkete

7 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Yeah, I used BSR's spotify one for years and that's exactly what it did for me too.  I think you could set it to download over mobile data too, but of course that's not something many of us do as we don't mind waiting until it's quicker or free.

Ah thanks both of you. perfect

• 2 weeks later...

Brave Sir Robin,

Thank you for this year and all the other years you done this playlist. 👏👏👏 It is so helpful. Can I ask are W. H. Lung playing? I see them on the playlist but not on the festival's rumour list. Thanks again

Edited by about

2 hours ago, about said:

Brave Sir Robin,

Thank you for this year and all the other years you done this playlist. 👏👏👏 It is so helpful. Can I ask are W. H. Lung playing? I see them on the playlist but not on the festival's rumour list. Thanks again

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, whitehorses said:

C5EF64ED-960A-4A45-BBC6-3CCF8D21ACFA.jpeg

I may don a sparkly jacket along those lines when at Worthy... but who TF is Sir Robin?? 

Recent additions to the playlist include self-confirmations Paul Oakenfold, Bad Boy Chiller Crew, Rina Sawayama, India Jordan, Les Amazones d'Afrique, Telmary & HabanaSana, Hybrid Minds, North Base, Special Request, Horse Meat Disco, Mixmaster Morris, Mandidextrous, 3 Daft Monkeys, Sam J Martin,  and rumours (almost confirmations) Sunflower Bean, Mannequin Pussy, Penelope Isles, Binbag Wisdom, Mama Jerk & The Ladyfingers,. Also updated tracks for Diana Ross (better mastered versions of the Supremes tracks), IDLES, Charli XCX, and Four Tet. And put the self-confirmed in alphabetical order like the rest of it - order of 'size' was starting to get tricky and this makes it more obvious.

• Thanks 2