Verified by VISA?

midlifecrisis

Sorry it's probably already been talked about but is this new this year? Don't recall having to go through this when buying tickets last year?

"As part of our continued commitment to ensuring that all tickets for Glastonbury Festival are purchased securely by genuine Festival goers you may be asked for additional security information when purchasing Festival tickets online from seetickets.com. Depending on your method of payment, you will be directed to either Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode for payment authorisation. If you often make purchases online you’re probably already signed up, but if you’ve not already subscribed to one of these services you will need to do so before your transaction can be processed."

28 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

Sorry it's probably already been talked about but is this new this year? Don't recall having to go through this when buying tickets last year?

"As part of our continued commitment to ensuring that all tickets for Glastonbury Festival are purchased securely by genuine Festival goers you may be asked for additional security information when purchasing Festival tickets online from seetickets.com. Depending on your method of payment, you will be directed to either Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode for payment authorisation. If you often make purchases online you’re probably already signed up, but if you’ve not already subscribed to one of these services you will need to do so before your transaction can be processed."

They've usually not bothered with it up until now- not sure if it's said that even in the past or whether it's a new addition to the info page?

44 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

15 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

They've usually not bothered with it up until now- not sure if it's said that even in the past or whether it's a new addition to the info page?

As far as I know this is new as VbV etc have never been an issue in the past

I have a feeling (and I might be wrong) that I remember something similar being said last year on the website but never heard anyone actually experiencing it.... Maybe in the resale but I'm sure in the normal sale (as I was quite obsessively reading all the posts in the run up to that and not so much in the resale)

I'd expect if there were a change in the booking procedures we would be informed of it in advance.

I think there will be no change, the festival website clearly lists each step, I doubt they'd have omitted an essential part of the process:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/full-2020-ticket-info/

Edited by Avalon_Fields

5 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Somewhere official that says there is a 'grace period', as historically, this has never happened.

image.thumb.png.e923a6e882216c8d479763d59a5fd82e.png

From the official Glastonbury site

Also, there will be a timer in the bottom corner

image.thumb.png.2e528c1db53a3f318f4563a76f2ce22a.png

Note - this is only once you get onto the Payment page - tickets can still sell out if you are still on Registration page

Edited by pentura

2 minutes ago, paulshane said:

well, holy shit, is that new ? Cos last octobers shit storm of getting tickets certainly didn't have that!

Yeah it seems to be! It was the first thing that stood out to me as new after reading the ticket info page

Although I haven't gotten past the holding page in 2+ years so can't 100% confirm

Link here - https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/full-2020-ticket-info/

Edited by pentura

11 minutes ago, northernringo said:

So if you get to the payment page, and proceed to pay within 5 minutes, you are essentially guaranteed tickets? Basically, at this point have you been allocated tickets?

Or can 100 people view the payments page even when there are just 80 tickets left, for example?

I don't think they can give you a 5 minute grace period without them guaranteeing you the tickets as long as the payment details are correct

14 minutes ago, northernringo said:

So if you get to the payment page, and proceed to pay within 5 minutes, you are essentially guaranteed tickets? Basically, at this point have you been allocated tickets?

Or can 100 people view the payments page even when there are just 80 tickets left, for example?

They can still sell out while you are entering payment details. 

Charm x

52 minutes ago, pentura said:

image.thumb.png.e923a6e882216c8d479763d59a5fd82e.png

From the official Glastonbury site

Also, there will be a timer in the bottom corner

image.thumb.png.2e528c1db53a3f318f4563a76f2ce22a.png

Note - this is only once you get onto the Payment page - tickets can still sell out if you are still on Registration page

50 minutes ago, paulshane said:

well, holy shit, is that new ? Cos last octobers shit storm of getting tickets certainly didn't have that!

48 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Nothing is guaranteed until you get your confirmation email people!

What it says and what happens when the servers are under strain are likely to be very different things.

Previous years the site has crashed out when entering payment details.  I'm not confident that this year will be any different.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Nothing is guaranteed until you get your confirmation email people!

What it says and what happens when the servers are under strain are likely to be very different things.

Previous years the site has crashed out when entering payment details.  I'm not confident that this year will be any different.

Same.

Recent years have been rubbish, time outs on the payment page etc. A few years back the system appeared to be that there were many servers allocating places, and if you were lucky enough to get one, you got punted over to the payment servers, which wern't public facing so had very little load, so you were pretty much garunteed to have bought tickets.

The last few years feel like (though I can't prove it) that -all- the servers have been in the same pool, so getting to the payment page meant the server load was so much that hitting 'next' was hit or miss if it was actually going to work.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Emily did make a specific reference to trying to sort this when she spoke last October ... we will see ... but the festival is usually pretty good at reacting to issues in my eyes 

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

I'm confident this isn't the case, it's only a case of you having guaranteed tickets if you successfully have paid for the tickets within 5 minutes AND there are still tickets available.

So, anyone who gets on early (Say first 15 minutes or so) should be OK - better to get the details right than over-rush and make a mistake - but anyone closer to the likely sell out time (Perhaps after 09:20) needs to move very very quickly.

I'd imagine, the minute before the sell out, there will be hundreds, if not thousands, that are in the system of entering details to booking tickets when there are only small numbers still left.

Edited by Avalon_Fields

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Emily did make a specific reference to trying to sort this when she spoke last October ... we will see ... but the festival is usually pretty good at reacting to issues in my eyes 

I’m sure she meant it too BUT she’s not a techie and there is no way to test this. 

Load testing can only do so much. The proof of this pudding will be in the eating on ticket days!