Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jonnyisRFC

Glastonbury 1997 t-shirt.

Recommended Posts

I’m sure most of you aren’t that interested but I just came across this amazing Glasto T-shirt in a flea market in New York! Sadly it was $120 though!

F3B103D0-4529-420E-80C0-7127119C3B81.jpeg

D8F0164F-4747-4C09-B11F-9FF673B5C255.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to see if I could find another one on line, but couldn't. There's an earlier t shirt here though (see link below). A mere snip at £79.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Glastonbury-CND-Festival-1982-T-Shirt-L-Original-Rare/233336091478?hash=item3653ea3356:g:6MAAAOSwysVcv0rM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I’m sure most of you aren’t that interested but I just came across this amazing Glasto T-shirt in a flea market in New York! Sadly it was $120 though!

F3B103D0-4529-420E-80C0-7127119C3B81.jpeg

D8F0164F-4747-4C09-B11F-9FF673B5C255.jpeg

It's even more interesting that the seller knows the potential value in the shirt (or maybe they're taking the mickey!). Did they have any other music memorabilia or was it a one-off? As others have said, I'm sure it has a fascinating story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I tried to see if I could find another one on line, but couldn't. There's an earlier t shirt here though (see link below). A mere snip at £79.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Glastonbury-CND-Festival-1982-T-Shirt-L-Original-Rare/233336091478?hash=item3653ea3356:g:6MAAAOSwysVcv0rM

Aye, bit different to the reissued ones, which are listed as poster prints...

https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/vintage/products/1982-glastonbury-poster-t-shirt-unisex 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Aye, bit different to the reissued ones, which are listed as poster prints...

https://shop.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/collections/vintage/products/1982-glastonbury-poster-t-shirt-unisex 

£16 is a bit more like it though, in terms of what I'd be prepared to pay. That said, I've never been in to festival or band t shirts etc. I have made a number of purchases which are an exception to that rule though - in that I've bought a few efestivals t shirts over the years. I've still got two that are hanging on in there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

£16 is a bit more like it though, in terms of what I'd be prepared to pay. That said, I've never been in to festival or band t shirts etc. I have made a number of purchases which are an exception to that rule though - in that I've bought a few efestivals t shirts over the years. I've still got two that are hanging on in there. 

might see those in New York in the future .... not available in certain sizes anymore so might become collectors items ... there's a few left in the shop at the moment for anyone that might might want  to snap one up :) 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/store/category/3-efestivals-t-shirts/

Edited by crazyfool1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

might see those in New York in the future .... not available in certain sizes anymore so might become collectors items ... there's a few left in the shop at the moment for anyone that might might want  to snap one up :) 

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/store/category/3-efestivals-t-shirts/

Unfortunately they've not yet covered the years which I attended, but was far too pished or cheap to buy one - which is an awful lot of my earlier years.

It would seem a bit weird to me buying one for a year I hadn't attended - it's already hard enough in my brain trying to remember the things that actually happened :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

It's even more interesting that the seller knows the potential value in the shirt (or maybe they're taking the mickey!). Did they have any other music memorabilia or was it a one-off? As others have said, I'm sure it has a fascinating story.

Yeah it was all music related memorabilia, most of it was around the $40-$60 mark though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I’m sure most of you aren’t that interested but I just came across this amazing Glasto T-shirt in a flea market in New York! Sadly it was $120 though!

Methinks you misjudge this forum sir :D

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, baggienick68 said:

Here's mine from my first visit to the farm. Would never sell it.

20190912_092151.jpg

20190912_092615.jpg

Billy Bragg must has been on the t shirts more times than cold play 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Billy Bragg must has been on the t shirts more times than cold play 

Billy's been in the fields more times than Michael :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, baggienick68 said:

Here's mine from my first visit to the farm. Would never sell it.

20190912_092151.jpg

20190912_092615.jpg

The amazing thing about this T-Shirt is that Daft Punk aren't even mentioned!


EDIT: Dammit!  I noticed them just as I clicked "send"!  They are still quite low down the list though!

Edited by windy_miller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a 2000 shirt which I'm guessing a lot of people may have too so probably not worth much. Not that I'd sell it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baggienick68 said:

It was a great line up. I was running round like a blue arsed fly. Couldn't do it now.

Running around? In the mud that was present that year. I put it to you that you are a pond skater that has acquired human consciousness. On that level, I salute you Sir, but do wonder if you are ostracised by the other pond skaters, as a result? I certainly hope not, and that 'they' are hippies at the end of the day too ie. will talk shite to anybody, anything, and even themselves, if completely necessary!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Quark said:

Billy's been in the fields more times than Michael :lol:

Thats the truth old son.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Running around? In the mud that was present that year. I put it to you that you are a pond skater that has acquired human consciousness. On that level, I salute you Sir, but do wonder if you are ostracised by the other pond skaters, as a result? I certainly hope not, and that 'they' are hippies at the end of the day too ie. will talk shite to anybody, anything, and even themselves, if completely necessary!

Backwards and forwards between Pyramid and Other in my wellies. Too old to do it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...