I don't really enjoy listening to the radio.

I listen to R4 in the mornings to keep up to date, but find the interrupting style of interviews so annoying.

I'll have Radio X on, but find it a propaganda machine for the Stereophonics, and of course Chris Moyles just is not a nice person.

I'll switch to R2 but Jo Wiley is just too bland for words.

Then onto R6Music, which is occasionally good before you get a run of tuneless indie from bands I've never heard of, before 'explorations in white noise'...

The Huey Show is good though.

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I don't really enjoy listening to the radio.

I listen to R4 in the mornings to keep up to date, but find the interrupting style of interviews so annoying.

I'll have Radio X on, but find it a propaganda machine for the Stereophonics, and of course Chris Moyles just is not a nice person.

I'll switch to R2 but Jo Wiley is just too bland for words.

Then onto R6Music, which is occasionally good before you get a run of tuneless indie from bands I've never heard of, before 'explorations in white noise'...

The Huey Show is good though.

My audio is pretty much 100% podcasts + Spotify. Unless there's a big new story on on which case I'll listen to the news.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

My audio is pretty much 100% podcasts + Spotify. Unless there's a big new story on on which case I'll listen to the news.

I haven't listened to the radio since Mark and Lard finished

17 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Another one...

I do not, and have never, listen to 6 Music. Everyone radio in my house and car is tuned to Absolute, aka Radio Lammo, and I am fine with that. If anything I find it comforting.

Radio 6 went up its own arse when that campaign to save it occurred. Even the name 6 music is annoying. 

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

On the "I did not know that thread"

Only found out today that Tom Ravenscroft is John Peel's progeny.

I'm glad to hear you say that because I only found out a few months ago and everyone I've told really shocked has apparently known this whole time.

Basically I'm just relieved I'm only the second to last person to find out.

Just now, priest17 said:

I'm glad to hear you say that because I only found out a few months ago and everyone I've told really shocked has apparently known this whole time.

Basically I'm just relieved I'm only the second to last person to find out.

Welcome to my world. If I put my mind to it I can pretty much out-stupid most people :lol:

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

The Verve: A band that by all known metrics I should be into but leave me completely cold.

Funny enough they played This Is Music on t'wireless earlier. Forgot what  a good tune it was, haven't heard it for bloody years.

3 hours ago, bamber said:

My very favourite tune about Heroin, the one that absolutely, completely aligns with my own experience of the drug.

Hello bamber,

Fortunately I've never tried, or would try heroin, either. I ruled that out of my life when I was a teenager, and haven't moved my stance since. I just really like that track musically.

That's the first time I've listened to Mik Artistic. Happy enough with that as a first listen.

As an aside, I very nearly had crack once. I was that out of my mind with depression etc, that I just wanted it all to end. I felt that I could take no more. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I asked somebody to take me to a dealer. So, I went with them (this was about 2am) and they actually took me to one of my places of work (I used to work as a building surveyor for a housing association). I knew that I couldn't enter the hostel, as the staff would know me there. So, I deffed it. Fuck me, but that was close. I'd have been down the pan by now, I reckon, had that little escapade resulted in me getting a hold of some. There but for the grace of God etc.

5 hours ago, bamber said:

My very favourite tune about Heroin, the one that absolutely, completely aligns with my own experience of the drug.

I always end up stumbling upon Mik Artistik at glastonbury, usually when he's playing Sweet Leaf of the North, which I do actually like!

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

To be clear, I like the area.  It's being under that cover with the speakers all around that I'm not keen on.

It's a blessing in hot weather - shaded and there usually seems to be a cool breeze. 

Incidentally, what was going on a few years ago when the glade wasn't there (or at least had no acts on) , and then I think it returned the following year as the g stage or something?