NOS Alive 2020

44 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

I wouldn't say that Nos has that much of a festival vibe in the first place to be worried about it being killed! Lots of people standing round chatting at all the way down to the barrier for some bands! 

It was certainly like that at main stage this year, though the tent was a lot better because people were there specifically to see the acts playing rather than standing round.  I'd think the main problem the number of fans who camp out at the front hours before the headliners come on, so even if there are rock bands on before them their audiences aren't getting anywhere close to the stage.

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

What are the possibilies of Tame Impala headling or co headlining? I think that Kevin is finishing the album and they may do some festivals next year to promote it.

If they can finish their new album on time, big possibility for a high spot (i can not say headliner, that will depend from the festival).

• Upvote 1

Could Tool be a possible contender for 2020?

I thought they would return to europe in march or april but since more and more bands are already announcing their shows for june, I think it's already too late for a spring tour, so another run in the summer seems more likely to me.

Or maybe they will follow The Black Keys and just stay in the US.... ?

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Could Tool be a possible contender for 2020?

I thought they would return to europe in march or april but since more and more bands are already announcing their shows for june, I think it's already too late for a spring tour, so another run in the summer seems more likely to me.

Or maybe they will follow The Black Keys and just stay in the US.... ?

Taylor Swift - Billie Eilish - Tool is the most schizophrenic triple I can possibly come up with tbh

I'd stick to something more general, like a mainstream pop rock band (or something similar)

41 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'll be disappointed if they have, although I have heard that rumour. Shame, 2020 would have been a good year to have them.

Where‘d you hear it? There‘s an interview with Dan out there about not touring outside North America and word they scraped plans for EU festivals.

But there were also rumors about them booking venues for spring.

2 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Where‘d you hear it? There‘s an interview with Dan out there about not touring outside North America and word they scraped plans for EU festivals.

But there were also rumors about them booking venues for spring.

It was an interview with Dan where he says that if anyone from Europe wants to see them play on this current tour then they'd need to get a flight to Denver!

1 minute ago, swelsbyuk said:

It was an interview with Dan where he says that if anyone from Europe wants to see them play on this current tour then they'd need to get a flight to Denver!

Yeah I quoted that in the Werchter thread. The only source of them not coming to Europe atm. And contrary to rumors on here...

I don’t know the current status. But the black keys tour was almost finalised a couple weeks ago.

but also, not the first time a band cancelled their tour plans on the last moment before announcement. Normally their was a Kanye west Europe tour in 2017 and 18. Sportpaleis in Belgium was Two times booked.

• Upvote 2