NOS Alive 2020

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

I think that RATM would fit perfectly on the last day alongside Da Weasel. To people that don´t know Da Weasel, they are one of the biggest punk/hiphop portuguese bands of all time so it would be logical to put a rock band on the main stage on that day.

I get where you’re coming from but RATM doesn’t really fit in with the overall line up so far. They have booked some pure pop and whilst they could have a more rock day, it hardly encourages anyone to buy a 3 day ticket.  I certainly wouldn’t come to Portugal for only one decent day of a 3 day event (my taste)  If RW had Rage and Pearl Jam as headliners with a decent undercard I’d be swayed towards there again 

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

I get where you’re coming from but RATM doesn’t really fit in with the overall line up so far. They have booked some pure pop and whilst they could have a more rock day, it hardly encourages anyone to buy a 3 day ticket.  I certainly wouldn’t come to Portugal for only one decent day of a 3 day event (my taste)  If RW had Rage and Pearl Jam as headliners with a decent undercard I’d be swayed towards there again 

That´s true but don´t forget that in 2017 they had The Weeknd, Foo Fighters, Imagine Dragons and Depeche Mode as headliners, and for me it didn´t fit at all but the tickets sales were good and with that money they made the stellar 2018 lineup. Never say never, I also believe that Coldplay or some other pop band are more probable but who knows. 

2 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

That´s true but don´t forget that in 2017 they had The Weeknd, Foo Fighters, Imagine Dragons and Depeche Mode as headliners, and for me it didn´t fit at all but the tickets sales were good and with that money they made the stellar 2018 lineup. Never say never, I also believe that Coldplay or some other pop band are more probable but who knows. 

Agreed it's certainly possible but Rage are maybe too heavy for the current line up. Foo's have pretty much mass appeal and Depeche have years of well known songs. I just feel the stuff they've announced this year is aimed more  towards teenagers as opposed to old buggers like me who remember rage from the early days.  There doesn't seem so far to be any intention of going for a line up with enough to satisfy a cross section of tastes, and it's all aimed predominately at a very young audience.

You're correct about 2018 though.  What a quality line up that was and the main reason we booked so early for this year.  As much as I think NOS is a great festival and Lisbon a top quality city,  I'm not shelling out a lot of cash for what they're currently offering.  There's so many choices that I'll hold off for now until there's one that suits me and the others who I go with.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Playing Cardiff on 10th of July and now Mad Cool, if they come to Nos they would need to play a show in Madrid then Cardiff and then Nos or vice verse, it doesn´t seem very logical, for me they are a bigger probability for Super Bock Super Rock.

Its not impossible tbf, given they did Benidorm then Truck then Y Not back-to-back-to-back, but it would've been more likely if the Cardiff show was not in the middle. So yeah... I'd be surprised if they were to go Madrid->Cardiff->Lisbon (or vice-versa for the two Iberian capitals).

2 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Primavera Sound Barcelona are teasing their lineup reveal for the end of this week, if they really launch their lineup I expect that Mad Cool and Nos Alive will launch also their headliners this month.

The PS announcement isn't the lineup, I reckon. Gabi said there were still some final touches missing, it's probably something related to Primavera Weekender happening this week.