NOS Alive 2020

3 minutes ago, DDave said:

Think Phoenix mixed with Chic and you're halfway there. Better live than they are on record. 

Agreed, seen them twice this year and you can't help but love them. Every song's got something about it too so easy to enjoy a whole gig without having to put up with weaker tracks.

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, DDave said:

Think Phoenix mixed with Chic and you're halfway there. Better live than they are on record. 

Just having a listen and that's a decent description.  First impressions on spotify, it's not something I'd buy but a warm evening, beer in hand, it would probably come across really well live.  You can fairly hear Nile's fender in the songs.

17 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Bleeehhhhhhhh please no

I think that we can get at least one of them, especially Kings of Leon because The Killers already headlined Rock in Rio in 2018. 

But at the end of they day I would prefer other bands like Strokes or Tame Impala over them, seen both KoL and The Killers live and neither of them is interesting.

11 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Very big, Mad Cool´s headliners are Taylor Swift, Faith No More, Kings of Leon and The Killers. We got Taylor so we will get at least another one of those names. 

If we get Faith No More and Kings of Leon and a few others on the lower bill from Mad Cool this festival could be saved !!

3 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Very big, Mad Cool´s headliners are Taylor Swift, Faith No More, Kings of Leon and The Killers. We got Taylor so we will get at least another one of those names. 

Mad Cool still have one headliner and one very strong sub to announce too. KOL are not headlining the festival outright.

2 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Strokes would be interesting as that headliner that you mentioned but I heard that Primavera Sound want also to book them.

The opinions on whether Primavera actually wants the strokes have been divided at least, if not leaning towards no. Primavera and Mad Cool are basically the only spanish options for them it seems. Might as well do none of them though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

Kendrick annonced to be playing European Festivals in July, would be interseting to see him join Da Weasel on the last day as they ahave a lot in common due to their hip hop/punk genres but I doubt that Nos Alive will risk it with a hip hop headliner. 

They did it with The Weeknd?

I don't think that The Strokes will ever play at NOS Alive, it seems that Super Bock Super Rock have an exclusivity with The Strokes and their agent in general, their shows in Portugal were always at sbsr, The Voidz played sbsr back in 2018, and last year it was Phoenix who have the same agent as The Strokes...

45 minutes ago, Maartiinn said:

I don't think that The Strokes will ever play at NOS Alive, it seems that Super Bock Super Rock have an exclusivity with The Strokes and their agent in general, their shows in Portugal were always at sbsr, The Voidz played sbsr back in 2018, and last year it was Phoenix who have the same agent as The Strokes...

Phoenix also played nos alive in 2017 tho

• Like 1