NOS Alive 2020

I have gone to the last 3 years . Have my flight and hotel booked for this one , i just don't have the will power to book tickets based on those 2 announcements  . I know i will still go cause most is paid for and going with a good group , but for my own ego i have to wait for one band i can stand at least 2 songs :) 

With the inconsistency and even more with the apparent lack of any PR strategy on their part... God knows. 

After two early big announcements I'd put my money on total silence for a month or two (apart from jaming their IG story with Taylor/Billie) and then slowly dripping some mildly interesting acts with an unexpected gem or two in between and then a third headliner after christmas. 

With that said, it might as well be tomorrow ?

6 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Is the third headliner likely to be announced this year?

I think that we will have the last headliner/coheadliners in December/January, Nos Alive and other festivals in Portugal will have competition from Rock In Rio festival that will be coming back after 2 years interval so I think that similar to 2018 we will have 80/90% of the lineup revealed until the end of January.

3 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

If Foals played would they likely headline?

Also do you think much chance of acts like Bombay Bicycle Club and  Noel/Liam Gallagher?

They´re to small here in Portugal to headline or even co headline, at max they can be the 3rd biggest name of the day.

I thnk that Noel and Liam could come, Noel´s last time here in Portugal was 4 years ago and I think that Liam never played here so who knows.

30 minutes ago, gregory said:

The 1975 are gonna be about next summer too, they’re arguably more successful than Foals at the mo. 

And arguably way shittier and arguably a better fit for NOS alive.

Not so much because they're shit, but because they're more in line with the festival's semmingly more pop-ish orientation. Tay/Billie/1975 would certainly make people buy tickets. Not me, but I'm sure rock-hating people such as @Red Day for example will go absolutely berserk over this ?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, clasher said:

And arguably way shittier and arguably a better fit for NOS alive.

Not so much because they're shit, but because they're more in line with the festival's semmingly more pop-ish orientation. Tay/Billie/1975 would certainly make people buy tickets. Not me, but I'm sure rock-hating people such as @Red Day for example will go absolutely berserk over this ?

????. Cheeky bugger. I have a varied taste. Anything from heavy to metal ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/9/2019 at 9:27 AM, gregory said:

The 1975 are gonna be about next summer too, they’re arguably more successful than Foals at the mo. 

1975 have already a sheduled show in March here in Portugal so they won´t come.

@clasher   about Foals, they are a famous band here but they won´t sell many tickets, they are not that big, I mean if you book them on the same day with bands like Tame Impala or Strokes and put them as second name yes, but headlining and co headlining will be a problem. You can´t compare english bands headlining in England and english bands headlining in Portugal, look at Stormzy, he played a show at Super Bock festival last year and that day was the weakest for tickets sales but this year he headlined Glasto. Vampire Weekend are bigger than Foals here in Portugal and the day they headlined it was the weekest day for ticket sales. But of course it they spend all money on Taylor and Billie it won´t surpise me if they book some smaller bands for the third day.

Edited by festivalguy97

4 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Not many, I reckon. The South American festival circuit is usually the ending of an album / tour cycle. 

Maybe we'll get GnR tho. 

After Taylor and Billie I think that Travis Scott is a possibility, but of course in that case they would need to book Strokes to co headline with Billie or Travis.

But yeah, GNR seem like a good possibility.