Watching an act with dodgy a rumour about them

Homer

Dropped in on efests for a little light relief from work and immediately spotted a salacious looking thread flagged as HOT by efests algorithms.

I feel several percent worse than I did when I visited just a handful of minutes ago & miss the low grade tedium I felt before reading this.

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im new to this thread as ive just got home from work ... can someone please sum up the last 3 pages of discussion ? :) 

At first I thought that @Homer was mates with Dodgy and was going to watch an act with them and wanted to start a rumour about it. But apparently that's not what it's about but nobody is quite sure what it is about - even Homer.

Hope that helps. ?

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It was absolutely unbelievable what <REDACTED> did to <REDACTED> in the <REDACTED> with the <REDACTED>

"You What? AZ-5? YOU F**KING IDIOT AKIMOV, YOU TOTAL F**KING IDIOT! THAT WAS YOUR JOB YOU F**KING MORON, YOU CRETIN, YOU'RE A F**K HEAD, THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE, A F**KING S**T HEAD"

62151360_2189658111344952_37126400178021

Edited by fightoffyour

2 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

At first I thought that @Homer was mates with Dodgy and was going to watch an act with them and wanted to start a rumour about it. But apparently that's not what it's about but nobody is quite sure what it is about - even Homer.

Hope that helps. ?

I saw Dodgy at Truck Fest once if that helps. I'm ashamed to say I quite enjoyed it.

As previous poster said, Avi Buffalo has apparently got a bit of a rep (I wasn't aware it was a thing and didn't want to post a link to a rumour - but my work Mac decided to make all of this even more candid than I intended - which was then compounded by me popping out for lunch).

I was genuinely interested in whether or not people would think that a rumour was enough to put them off seeing someone. Much appreciated!

Is this a thread (which started out as) taking the piss out of a failed cut n paste attempt...or is there / is it mixed in with something more sinister (about what, I don't know)? If so it needs clarifying / sorting out.

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Wowsers. 'Twas a he not a she. Seems a whole lot more serious than the allegations that were enough to put paid to Hookworms, once beloved in this parish. I guess the difference is that this chap no longer has any bandmates to abandon him (having ended the band in 2015).

Did not know about that.  I've only recently started listening to them.  A quick google shows it's unproved allegations. 

Without belittling the complainant, should allegations like that effectively end someone's career when they're currently not proven?  I suppose that is the crux of the matter that the thread is intended to be about. 

3 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Did not know about that.  I've only recently started listening to them.  A quick google shows it's unproved allegations. 

Without belittling the complainant, should allegations like that effectively end someone's career when they're currently not proven?  I suppose that is the crux of the matter that the thread is intended to be about. 

Thanks - what was meant as quite a serious and genuine thread has taken a comedic truth that, I'll be honest, I didn't quite see coming! (I still genuinely don't know if the screenshot I posted of my original post is visible to anyone but myself. I could retype the whole thing but feel like that horse has bolted a tad!)

Edited by Homer

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

Thanks - what was meant as quite a serious and genuine thread has taken a comedic truth that, I'll be honest, I didn't quite see coming! (I still genuinely don't know if the screenshot I posted of my original post is visible to anyone but myself. I could retype the whole thing but feel like that horse has bolted a tad!)

Your original screenshot is not visible(at least to me) but somebody did copy and paste it but by then the thread had descended into a surrealistic rabbit hole from which there was no return.

The typo in the thread title didn't help either.