West Holts Announced

Guy Incognito

Apart from watching The Cure on Pyramid I think I will definitely be spending a lot of my time at West Holt's and Avalon this year. Loving how this year's line up is going. 

By the time Sunday rolls around and my legs are tired of walking and I've been taking it easy as I have to drive on Monday, I reckon that final three of Ayers - Washington - Monae will be even more irresistible than it already seems. 

Absolutely sensational stuff.

2 hours ago, Username taken said:

Really hope Jeff Goldblum doesn't clash with Kylie

This. In all the excitement after a two year break, I kinda forgot about the horror of clashes. I think there’s a very real chance they might clash, and I’d hate for Jeff to be so unlucky, unlucky unlucky unlucky. 

Just now, kalifire said:

This. In all the excitement after a two year break, I kinda forgot about the horror of clashes. I think there’s a very real chance they might clash, and I’d hate for Jeff to be so unlucky, unlucky unlucky unlucky. 

According to Clashfinder Jeff will be before Kylie and This Is The Kit will be the ones who clash with Kylie. 

20 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

According to Clashfinder Jeff will be before Kylie and This Is The Kit will be the ones who clash with Kylie. 

Thy usually balance out the stages to disperse the crowds - so I reckon Goldblum will clash with Kylie, and with the Fat White Family in The Park.

20 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Oh dear, that means he clashes with Miley. Ugh. She’s less of a draw than Kylie but still on my list. Bugger. 

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

Thy usually balance out the stages to disperse the crowds - so I reckon Goldblum will clash with Kylie, and with the Fat White Family in The Park.

Clashfinder has said to only put firm info in. I'm sure there is still a chance of changes but it could be pretty reliable. They also don't usually put too much up against the legend slot so that it has the prestige of that big crowd. It's usually the biggest crowd of the weekend. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm guessing it's Swindle the London based producer (it says here) as opposed to the San Diego punk band (it says somewhere else). 

If you're expecting the latter then I'm afraid you've been swindled. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Oh dear, that means he clashes with Miley. Ugh. She’s less of a draw than Kylie but still on my list. Bugger. 

Think we need to get used to clashes. Looks like Lizzo/Janet Jackson and Johnny Marr will be clashing. Decisions to be made all over the line up. 

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Clashfinder has said to only put firm info in. I'm sure there is still a chance of changes but it could be pretty reliable. They also don't usually put too much up against the legend slot so that it has the prestige of that big crowd. It's usually the biggest crowd of the weekend. 

Apart from The Killers last time. ?

Just now, briddj said:

You wouldn't see The Killers if you went to Barry Gibb.

No but it was the first year they did a secret set at that time so I bet there were some who tried. For me Chic were the real legend slot anyway and I was more than happy to miss The Killers to see them.

23 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

No but it was the first year they did a secret set at that time so I bet there were some who tried. For me Chic were the real legend slot anyway and I was more than happy to miss The Killers to see them.

Given that Gibb was never actually announced as the teatime slot, I consider last year as a double bill.

5 hours ago, Cuboid said:

Probably a really stupid question but in comparison to his albums, how much more ravy are the hopkins sets? 

Saw him in Leeds in January (I think) and it was brilliant.. not full on jumping around like idiots but thats the nature of his music

but really intense and quite trippy and well worth seeing as I love the Singularity album

hope to see it again...

26 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Given that Gibb was never actually announced as the teatime slot, I consider last year as a double bill.

Kylie will play the Sunday teatime slot which has previously been graced by artists including Dolly Parton, Lionel Richie, ELO, Barry Gibb, Shirley Bassey and Paul Simon.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/kylie-to-play-sunday-teatime-slot/

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

They don’t deliberately try and make the legends slot the most prestigious with the biggest crowd via their programming. It’s the fact that it is a huge act playing in the afternoon that takes care of that for itself.