West Holts Announced

Guy Incognito

Just now, Wooderson said:

Friday/Sunday looking really nice.

You seen ‘this is the kit’ before? Excellent live. Could be a really pleasant Sunday lunchtime option.

• Upvote 1

Just now, shuttlep said:

were you not at west holts in 2017 for moderat followed by Justice????

now that was a good Sunday night

One of the best! Cinematic on before them as well, right? And chic on pyramid before that. Insane evening. 

Or how about LCD on Other? That was fantastic. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Would have liked them to have mixed Kamasi up a bit after playing the same stage last time - was hoping he'd be freaking the Sunday day trippers out early doors on the Pyramid.

If I'm being brutal - Ayers aside there's not much new on their that floats my boat. Was hoping for maybe some more hip-hop added.

Would seriously recommend people check out Slowthai, only started listening after I saw him on the initial poster. Jamie T/The Streets vibes, got a new album coming out on the 17th too.

Song recommendations for a first listen

- Doorman

-Gorgeous

- Nothing Good About Britain!

• Upvote 2

I've had a great run of Sundays @ Glasto.   

Justice - 2017

LCD - 2016

Chems - 2015

Massive Attack - 2014

Bobby Womack - 2013

Suzanne Vega - 2011

Stevie Wonder - 2010

Blur - 2009

Sundays are where it's at.   That final push of energy from everyone mixed with the emotions of knowing it's all about to be over - can't beat it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, jyoung said:

So Jorja playing just before Stormzy. Probably not enough time for him to pop over for Let Me Down, is there?

I kinda assume that she will repay the favour and show up on his new album, and then she could show up on the pyramid instead...

Just now, Mattymooz said:

I kinda assume that she will repay the favour and show up on his new album, and then she could show up on the pyramid instead...

I'll (probs) be at Tame Impala so (if you're reading Jorja / Mike) that doesn't work for me.

What a fantastic announcement, if only to have Jon Hopkins confirmed for the the Friday and officially out of the clashmageddon of a Saturday.  

The rest of the lineup is bloody strong as well so if I'm ever at a loss as to where to go, West Holts will be good!

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

What a fantastic announcement, if only to have Jon Hopkins confirmed for the the Friday and officially out of the clashmageddon of a Saturday.  

The rest of the lineup is bloody strong as well so if I'm ever at a loss as to where to go, West Holts will be good!

That is exactly what I’m so happy about! 

Not as much on there for me to get excited about as previous years (or at least stuff I’ll actually be able to see - would’ve fancied all those headliners if they weren’t clashing with others). That said, a lot on there for me to discover and inevitably bemoan having to miss.

Hope Lizzo ain’t clashing with Janet! 

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Wonder where this leaves Rosalia too. Maybe The Park?

Ooh yes, I had figured her for WH as well!   At one point, I worried she'd be shoved in Silver Hayes but she's not on the poster for that.

Got to be Park or John Peel, you'd think?