Ticket dispatch date

Ayrshire Chris

3 minutes ago, carlosj said:

There is a way for someone else to pick them up, but I can't remember. Probably to take a form of ID along with the card, maybe a bank card or something. You could get someone to check your post and collect them for you.

You're right. When I lived at home my mum would pick up my post whilst i was in work. All you need is the ID of the person named on the letter/parcel

3 hours ago, Charm said:

I just tried this and can’t change mine either, maybe they have already been printed. 

Charm x

Hi Charm, 

SeeTickets just got back to me, and asked me to email them the new address and they could update it for me. Now I think about, I think the exact same thing happened in 2016 as I wanted to change the delivery address in May and wasn't able to

Now hoping that if I put the new address and they arrive before the 3rd June and my new housemate is out at the time, I will still be able to collect them within the 18 day period they hold the items for. But I think it should be fine

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Hi Charm, 

SeeTickets just got back to me, and asked me to email them the new address and they could update it for me. Now I think about, I think the exact same thing happened in 2016 as I wanted to change the delivery address in May and wasn't able to

Now hoping that if I put the new address and they arrive before the 3rd June and my new housemate is out at the time, I will still be able to collect them within the 18 day period they hold the items for. But I think it should be fine

Great news, hope it all works out. 

Charm x

Edited by Charm

On 5/8/2019 at 9:43 AM, JoeyT said:

I think they'll be dispatched w/c 27th May

I think they'll start going out next week. The earliest I've ever got them is 11th May (2015). The latest, 5 days before - squeaky bum time (2005). Most years it's been the 2nd or 3rd week in May.

4 hours ago, Charm said:

Received a red card from Royal Mail today and on the back it says items are kept for 18 calendar days before returning to sender, you should be ok. 

Charm x

Can you imagine being on holiday and thinking those precious tickets are sitting in a smelly post office sorting office for a couple of weeks? 

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Can you imagine being on holiday and thinking those precious tickets are sitting in a smelly post office sorting office for a couple of weeks? 

Worst nightmare.  Specially with stories on here of royal mail "losing" tickets

8 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Thing is, every single one of those stories have been where someone has taken delivery of the tickets, and then posted them on to their friend/whoever without taking taking the appropriate precautions (insurance etc). So it pretty much becomes their own fault and See can legitimately turn around and say "not our problem".

If See/Royal Mail they fail to deliver the tickets in the first place then there should be no issue - they're obligated to replace them and as far as I can tell there's never been an issue with that.

1 hour ago, Aragorn said:

Yes worst nightmare ,Especially as I am posting this from a holiday in Jersey, and been checking every day just to make sure they haven't been sent. Home tomorrow thank God. 

9 hours ago, FestiZebra said:

I have tried to check seetickets with my confirmation number and its saying not found. I got my tickets in the resale could this be why?

The first number you put in is the order number, not the confirmation number. And if you paid a deposit and then paid off the balance, it's the order number for paying off the balance, and the postcode of the address the tickets will be sent to that you have to put in. This has confused (and panicked!) me in the past a few times, I wish they'd make it a bit clearer...

(If you bought in the resale there will only be one order number, which helps in your case)

• Like 1

If the see tickets tracker says they are in stock and will be sent shortly then I would reckon they will start posting them soon, maybe starting Monday .  That’s when you start watching the percentage of tickets sent rise and rise and you havnt got yours yet. I assume that they will still send the e mail saying they have been dispatched. 

11 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I assume peoples trackers all say in stock from the above comments. See's Live dispatch tracker says they are still awaiting delivery though and that's the one I always go off.

Yes I spotted that as well. The trackers seem to contradict themselves.  Whatever is correct we can’t be far away from getting those golden tickets 

1 minute ago, Losing my hair said:

We're anxious enough already without you chirping in with this sort of nonsense. ?

Apologies for the anxiety inducing post. I'm always fascinated how worked up people can get about recieving their golden ticket. I have honestly never heard of anyone not getting their ticket and was interested to see if it's ever happened ?

4 minutes ago, Jackomanaco said:

Apologies for the anxiety inducing post. I'm always fascinated how worked up people can get about recieving their golden ticket. I have honestly never heard of anyone not getting their ticket and was interested to see if it's ever happened ?

There was someone on her in 2017 whose ticket was signed for by someone who wouldn't give them the ticket if that counts.

4 minutes ago, Jackomanaco said:

I was being lighthearted, I'm not really anxious because I have every confidence in SEE tickets and Royal Mail. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1