2020 headliners

5 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

I agree that Ringo would likely be a special guest for Macca.

Reckon he'll get Kanye and Rihanna out for FourFiveSeconds? It's his most listened to song on Spotify by nearly 600mill ?

I doubt it to be honest.

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taylor Swift is out.   https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/588118/

Looks like we might have finally got Gaga for Fri judging by her latest heavily Glasto related Instagram post... I mean, they're striking pyramid poses... Even the flight attendan

Still to look forward to: • Self confirmations ramping up • Predicting the next announcement  • 1st poster day • Who's playing which stage and when • Who hasn't made the 1st p

Posted Images

Just a question.....if Coldplay asked to headline, would ME/EE say yes? Even though they only headlined a few years ago?

The beeb are reporting that they are the biggest selling UK artist if 21st century.....I think they’d be difficult to turn down ?

Lets look at the Pro’s and Cons of a Coldplay headliner slot. 

Pro’s

They have plenty of experience putting on a show for the Pyramid crowd. 

They are hugely popular across all age groups (I’m not sure why)

They will be very cheap, possibly even free

As Sloopjohn above says they are the biggest selling UK artist in the 21st century. 

They have two new albums out, one of which potentially has collaborations with a range of festival favourites who may make an appearance along side. (I’m clutching at straws here, only rumours but Daft Punk have been mentioned)

Con’s

It’s fucking Coldplay, again!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Doug85 said:

Not that I'm getting into it but I'd say it was more of a dig at society and stereotypes rather than him just being a prick but ?‍♂️

It’s clearly meant to be a dig at society and stereotypes. Just done by a prick in a totally unhelpful, childish, idiotic, prickish way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Absolutely fucking GUTTED about Elton. Makes me feel pretty pessimistic about the 3 headliners now. If it's Kendrick, 1975 and Swift, that's an enormous let down for the 50th regardless of how it can be sugar coated.

Thank fuck there's other stages and stuff to do.

And you’ve got a ticket to Glastonbury... there’s worse boats to be in.  Felt the same when I saw Reg was out, and the current favourites don’t interest me at all either but didn’t get a ticket last year so bounced back now. Besides I’m sure I’ll come around to one of the headliners... I mean I gave Metallica a go and enjoyed them.

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Absolutely fucking GUTTED about Elton. Makes me feel pretty pessimistic about the 3 headliners now. If it's Kendrick, 1975 and Swift, that's an enormous let down for the 50th regardless of how it can be sugar coated.

Thank fuck there's other stages and stuff to do.

And you’ve got a ticket to Glastonbury... there’s worse boats to be in.  Felt the same when I saw Reg was out, and the current favourites don’t interest me at all either but didn’t get a ticket last year so bounced back now. Besides I’m sure I’ll come around to one of the headliners... I mean I gave Metallica a go and enjoyed them.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

It's deffo getting there. Bon Iver records always take a while to fully appreciate for me. I know it's the obvious choice, but Hey Ma might be the best song he's done. That's partly influenced by how incredible it was live mind you!

I still prefer 22, can't get into the new one yet. Other than Hey Ma. But then again, I absolutely loved 22! Can't wait for his tour next year, haven't seen him since Manchester I'm 2011 or something. 

28 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to be going. I would go to the festival regardless of who's playing, but it is a nice bonus having an excellent headliner. I'm more than confident there'll be some big surprises knocking around. And if not, it just means more time to explore!

Stones are still 12/1 too. Decent outside bet and 1 of the 3 that Neil mentioned were being asked at 1 point, Mac and Led Zep both being ruled out by Emily but nothing mentioned on the Stones. Unlikely I admit but if they were asked and were free and the fee wasn't much of an issue then why not? 

AC/DC at 20/1 are tempting too even though I can't see that at all really, but there's always a chance if they are free and not too arsed about £££

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to be going. I would go to the festival regardless of who's playing, but it is a nice bonus having an excellent headliner. I'm more than confident there'll be some big surprises knocking around. And if not, it just means more time to explore!

If you've got a ticket then not liking the acts playing gets the equivalent response of your parents telling you about starving children in Ethiopia when you didn't clear your plate as a kid.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Quark said:

If you've got a ticket then not liking the acts playing gets the equivalent response of your parents telling you about starving children in Ethiopia when you didn't clear your plate as a kid.

?

Thing is, it is basically impossible to not like some of the acts at GF. If you like music, you're pretty much sorted. 

I've got a newbie coming with us for 2020 and despite what you learn over the years of going, it is a special experience watching a top-class Pyramid headliner.

Pretty unlikely but I’d like to see:

Foals

Blur

Led Zeppelin

Just throwing this out there.. Thoughts on Neil Young headlining again? I think he did a pretty good job last time. He doesn’t have that wide, mainstream appeal but you never know with it being 50th anniversary and what not. He could also bring out a guest or two.

also, Mumford and Sons are free in June. Only headlined once and they have new material coming

• Downvote 1