2020 headliners

jj200

Whilst we're talking about Coldplay this Chris Martin pops up all the time thing, it in fact only twice wasn't it? Stormzy and Kylie and in previous years how much has it happened I can't think of a single time but I'm not certain of that, still he doesn't seem as omnipresent as people are suggesting.

8 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Whilst we're talking about Coldplay this Chris Martin pops up all the time thing, it in fact only twice wasn't it? Stormzy and Kylie and in previous years how much has it happened I can't think of a single time but I'm not certain of that, still he doesn't seem as omnipresent as people are suggesting.

Its not, its just social media and people on here making jokes about it so much that it seems like Coldplay are always at Glastonbury. 

Chris Martin goes to Glastonbury nearly every year unless he's touring over those dates and not booked. For example he was there in 2017 hanging around Katy Perry. Yes a lot of it is just messing around but he is there a lot so you would expect him to get some joking about it. I'm there nearly every year now and i'd expect it from my non glastonbury loving mates. 

19 minutes ago, mcshed said:

He's always there, lurking, like a large insincere spider...

5 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Chris Martin goes to Glastonbury nearly every year unless he's touring over those dates and not booked. For example he was there in 2017 hanging around Katy Perry. Yes a lot of it is just messing around but he is there a lot so you would expect him to get some joking about it. I'm there nearly every year now and i'd expect it from my non glastonbury loving mates. 

But loads of people go to Glastonbury most years from your Noel Gallaghers and Chris Martins through your Caitlin Morans and Martin Roberts to the likes of you and I. The memes are about him popping up on stage which happened twice.

Just now, mcshed said:

But loads of people go to Glastonbury most years from your Noel Gallaghers and Chris Martins through your Caitlin Morans and Martin Roberts to the likes of you and I. The memes are about him popping up on stage which happened twice.

Noel Gallagher and the like haven't headlined 4 times either though. There is some substance to it 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

maybe they dont care ... but my point was about the grief that will be inevitably large and has been brewing since Chris Martins pop up appearances in June ... there were very definitely audible groans at the time ... and thats from the Glastonbury crowd that love the place 

There won’t be any grief. Like in 2011 and 2016 there will be lots of complaints on here. Then like in 2011 and 2016 the field will be rammed, they’ll put on a big show that gets a great reception and makes the festival look amazing on TV.

Don't confuse here with the general Glasto-going public.

P.S. Martin got a good reception round me during Kylie

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

There won’t be any grief. Like in 2011 and 2016 there will be lots of complaints on here. Then like in 2011 and 2016 the field will be rammed, they’ll put on a big show that gets a great reception and makes the festival look amazing on TV.

this Martin ?  I think he competes with the other one for appearances .... its ok ive bowed to the masses and realised the error of my ways in later posts :) 

Unknown-2.jpeg

2 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

The gap in her schedule, a much hyped live announcement and a very well received album makes Swifty the most likely booking of all the rumours at the moment I'd say.

Just checked her tour dates and she is playing in Oslo on the Friday, would this rule her out?

2 hours ago, Hotchilidog said:

Taylor has specifically said that she wants to play festivals next summer. In fact I'll be seeing her the weekend before Glastonbury at one. The gap in her schedule, a much hyped live announcement and a very well received album makes Swifty the most likely booking of all the rumours at the moment I'd say.

You’re allowing your fandom to cloud your judgement a bit. Track record would suggest that she’s all about the money, no need for a PR boost and we’ve had zilch that suggests she’s actually playing glasto.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

He got roundly booed and jeered where I was, which was stood beside my wife. 

Regardless of whether they have actually been booked or not, I think The 1975 is a no-brainer. Arguably the biggest UK break-out band from the 2010s and now an established festival headliner, and I suspect the Eavii are pretty clued on as to which acts are gonna be headliner-worthy in a few years time. Not sure I’d even see them but there needs to be a push for fresh headliners a la Stormzy. Having said that, I’d be miffed it it were Foals lol