How many?

morph100

Glastonbury has seen me through 2 long term girlfriends and one wife. I nearly married a girl I met at the festival in a three way wedding at 5am but we we went roller skating instead. How many glasto lovers have you been involved with?

A bit weird, but I've been with two long term girlfriends and one wife also. Strangely enough, I never went to Glastonbury with the second long term girlfriend at the time, but she had previously played the Pyramid stage in an all girl band. So, I've actually only been to Glastonbury with one girlfriend and one girlfriend, who is now married to me - the poor thing! The other Glastonbury I went to was when I went to Glastonbury on my own, and my girlfriend at that time stayed at home. Does any of that make any sense to anyone I wonder? 

Anyway, it is what it is, and that's the best that I can describe it right now. 

• Upvote 1

I could have been coming to the festival since 2000 but my ex wife stopped me until finally giving in in 2009.

Left her 3 weeks after the 2011 where I found there was more to life than being in a unappreciated marriage.

Brought my new wife to her first Glastonbury in 2013 and she is as obsessed with it as I am! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

The better half has been to way more Glastonbury's than me - and way more festivals.  I was married and having kids with my ex wife while she was disappearing off to festivals up and down the country for a decade!  Our first festival together was Bearded Theory 2012.  We havnt missed one of those, or a Glastonbury, since.  Along with many other festivals besides.  

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

What happens at Glasto stays at Glasto..... 

I have expressed this very point to my cousin's ex now that their kids are old enough to want to go.  My family has no need to be aware of the kind of dribbling mess I end up as thank you so very much.

Just now, Quark said:

I have expressed this very point to my cousin's ex now that their kids are old enough to want to go.  My family has no need to be aware of the kind of dribbling mess I end up as thank you so very much.

Correct. 

2 hours ago, westholtschic said:

I could have been coming to the festival since 2000 but my ex wife stopped me until finally giving in in 2009.

Left her 3 weeks after the 2011 where I found there was more to life than being in a unappreciated marriage.

Brought my new wife to her first Glastonbury in 2013 and she is as obsessed with it as I am! 

My now wife wasn't really that interested when we first got together but then I won a pair of tickets so we went and now she is as obsessed as I am.

Well maybe not quite as bad as me she doesn't give out 100 inflatable flamingos to strangers or write dodgy Glastonbury adventure computer games or spend hours on efests....but she does love it ?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mrs Jass has been to every one with me since 2011. Before that it was just me, a tent and a sock.*

*This may not actually have happened.

Nothing wrong with creating a sock puppet in the Green fields to be your friend for the weekend

Just now, fred quimby said:

Are the affairs only when Glastonbury is on ? ;)

Given that I can barely hold a coherent conversation at the best of times, trying to engage in extra marital naughtiness while one eye is spinning independently in its socket and the other one is staring into middle distance at something no-one else can see is probably a bit of a stretch :)

• Upvote 1

Not enough!

My ex and I had our 2nd date at Glastonbury and ended up spending the entire festival together. If you can get along there you can get along anywhere I think!

Now that I'm single again, I say on my dating profile: MUST LOVE GLASTONBURY.  One guy said to me: "Glastonbury went WAY out of my price range ages ago".  Thanks, but no thanks.

There will be 3 "people" in any of my future relationships.  

Image result for diana there were three of us bashir

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2