Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

Just now, FloorFiller said:

They’ll most likely only get 2 hours instead of their usual 3 so that’s a full hour of the usual lulls or lesser known stuff to cut out and keep it to an Appetite-heavy banger filled set.

That's what I'm thinking. Mocked up a setlist a few months ago somewhere. Might have to dig it up.

Still think they need Lizzo up to flute through November Rain though.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Zero chance Cat will - gonna have a notably smaller crowd than any of the Sunday legends of the last decade aside from perhaps ELO. 

reckon he'll be an act that everyone on site will want to see. crowd for diro was a long way short of dolly and kylie.

Just now, Neil said:

reckon he'll be an act that everyone on site will want to see. crowd for diro was a long way short of dolly and kylie.

You’re massively overestimating the appeal of Cat Stevens to the average punter. A large percentage of the attendees won’t even know who he is. 

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You’re massively overestimating the appeal of Cat Stevens to the average punter. A large percentage of the attendees won’t even know who he is. 

i'm thinking to my generation, and the generations a bit older, he's a can't miss, expect all the stallholders to be there.

On 3/3/2023 at 5:29 PM, FloorFiller said:

200,000 music fans, he should appeal to all of them unless they have a void in their listening.

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

200,000 music fans, he should appeal to all of them unless they have a void in their listening.

Why?

Different strokes for different folks. There are plenty of musicians out there whose talent I recognise, but I don't enjoy their music.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

Here's another take: Everyone likes different music and some people just don't like Cat Stevens  🤷‍♀️. That doesn't make them an idiot, or mean that they have an unsophisticated musical palate.

Back to the topic at hand... I reckon Lizzo will have one of the biggest crowds of the weekend. I remember watching her 2019 set on the beeb afterwards and being gutted I'd missed it. There with bells on!

2 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Here's another take: Everyone likes different music and some people just don't like Cat Stevens  🤷‍♀️. That doesn't make them an idiot, or mean that they have an unsophisticated musical palate.

it means they have an incomplete musical palate. a surprise for people who otherwise love their music.

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Why?

Different strokes for different folks. There are plenty of musicians out there whose talent I recognise, but I don't enjoy their music.

true, but lots of those folk have gone back into the past to find older acts, its surprising cat isn't amongst those older acts.