2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They got Idles on an exclusive subbing R1 stage. Nothing But Thieves really aren’t any bigger and their slots at festivals recently haven’t indicated they’re soaring up any bills, nor that an exclusive slot from them would be worth a damn. Wouldn’t see them any higher than four down main. 

Eh I'd say they're already a step above Idles for sure. I know it's a completely different kinda act but I wouldn't have predicted Migos to be subbing this year. R&L often make questionable/surprising booking like that. I could just see them giving an act like Nothing But Thieves a big slot next year.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they're playing arenas on their next tour too.

On 3/19/2020 at 12:47 AM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Don’t get ya hopes up lol.

Actually changed my mind. The lack of festivals this year will make demand higher. Fests like glasto will be stacked or Mad Cool. Reading will be a worse than usual probably as a result

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Actually changed my mind. The lack of festivals this year will make demand higher. Fests like glasto will be stacked or Mad Cool. Reading will be a worse than usual probably as a result

But if R&L goes ahead this year, they could get a load of big names

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, sebastian pacheco said:

I’m bored in quarentine so I’ll make a list of possible headliners by genre at Reading 2021:

Rap/Pop Artist: The Weeknd, Travis Scott, Dua Lipa, Eminem(Probably). 

Indie Artist: Kasabian, The Strokes, Tame Impala (why not?), Arctic Monkeys. 

Rock Artist: Biffy Clyro, BMTH(new music this year), Royal Blood, Green Day, MCR. 

The Weeknd

Tame Impala/Royal Blood

MCR

7 hours ago, sebastian pacheco said:

I’m bored in quarentine so I’ll make a list of possible headliners by genre at Reading 2021:

Rap/Pop Artist: The Weeknd, Travis Scott, Dua Lipa, Eminem(Probably). 

Indie Artist: Kasabian, The Strokes, Tame Impala (why not?), Arctic Monkeys. 

Rock Artist: Biffy Clyro, BMTH(new music this year), Royal Blood, Green Day, MCR. 

Also the Killers, PATD, Billie

Tame Impala // Skepta // Wolf Alice

Childish Gambino // Alt-J // Jamie T

Red Hot Chilli Peppers // Vampire Weekend // Fontaines D.C

Edited by Dim Sum

Can't lie that new Dua Lipa album slaps, would be happy if she was booked next year

Kasabian

My Chem

Dua Lipa (I think this album is going to propel Dua Lipa to be an outright headliner)

Unreal that Dua Lipa has genuinely made album of the year so far. Get her booked for next year. Weeknd’s album is a close second so I may be somewhat biased predicted (hoping) a co-head from them two 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Unreal that Dua Lipa has genuinely made album of the year so far. Get her booked for next year. Weeknd’s album is a close second so I may be somewhat biased predicted (hoping) a co-head from them two 

That’d be cracking 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 11:13 PM, dum surfer said:

Can't lie that new Dua Lipa album slaps, would be happy if she was booked next year

Honestly think booking her on Other stage with the crowd she'd get at Glastonbury was a ludicrous move.

16 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Unreal that Dua Lipa has genuinely made album of the year so far. 

or alternatively, it's unreal that people here now champion throwaway pop as the best sort of music. :blink: wacko: 

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

or alternatively, it's unreal that people here now champion throwaway pop as the best sort of music. :blink: wacko: 

Absolutely on brand for R&L these days :D 

fwiw, Dua bangs. 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Honestly think booking her on Other stage with the crowd she'd get at Glastonbury was a ludicrous move.

It'd have worked against Macca. Wouldn't have worked against Kendrick, and obviously they wouldn't have put her against Taylor Swift.

Assuming this year goes ahead (which I don’t think it will): 

Kasabian / Wolf Alice / The Vaccines / Brockhampton / DMA’s  

DaBaby 

Dua Lipa / Dave / Nothing But Thieves / Mahalia / Young T & Bugsey 

Architects 

My Chemical Romance / Halsey / Don Broco / Neck Deep / The Amazons 

Blossoms 

Festivals will most likely have a good selection of acts to choose from next year as i assume everyone will be touring, those who failed to this year will tour next summer on top of every act that wasn't touring this year so based on that i'm expecting someone far better than Liam Gallagher.

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

I haven’t listened to the Dua Lipa album, but if it’s as good as you’re all saying

The Weeknd/Dua Lipa

Green Day with Dave sub

Kasabian or Panic

Edited by Gerard the Fab

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I can't lie prior to the last 12 months or so I was quite against "pop" but I really have learned to love the likes of Dua and Charli XCX, however I'm not quite on the Taylor Swift wave yet, not quite my thing.

For anyone who's not heard the Dua album and wants to know the hype, stick Levitating on. Banger and a half.

Edited by TheWaters