2021 Lineup

23 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

It'd have worked against Macca. Wouldn't have worked against Kendrick, and obviously they wouldn't have put her against Taylor Swift.

Would it though?, didn't work for bloody Rag N Bones man! She's a Pyramid act and it's bullshit frankly putting her on top of a stage she is too big for just because of what they want it to represent. Massively bigger right now than any Other stage headliner this year.

22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Assuming this year goes ahead (which I don’t think it will): 

Kasabian / Wolf Alice / The Vaccines / Brockhampton / DMA’s  

DaBaby 

Dua Lipa / Dave / Nothing But Thieves / Mahalia / Young T & Bugsey 

Architects 

My Chemical Romance / Halsey / Don Broco / Neck Deep / The Amazons 

Blossoms 

No way DMAs play 5th fown next year with The Vaccines in 3rd and Neck Deep 4th....come on Andre you're better than that. Headliner wise could be correct but Dua will be co-headline at the most...not because she can't outright but Glastonbury will have her booked again.

18 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I can't lie prior to the last 12 months or so I was quite against "pop" but I really have learned to love the likes of Dua and Charli XCX, however I'm not quite on the Taylor Swift wave yet, not quite my thing.

For anyone who's not heard the Dua album and wants to know the hype, stick Levitating on. Banger and a half.

I've liked Dua from the off, she isn't just another pop act, a lot of it is good and she's really good live 

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's less a comment about her specifically, and much more about the way people here are championing a genre of music that people here would have laughed at a decade ago.

But meanwhile I'm giving the recommendation of 'Levitating' a go as I write this. And it's bangin' average even for throwaway pop. ;) 

100% agree with this, she would have been a dead cert on V Festival booking and no one on a Reading forum would give V Fest or their bookings time of day usually 

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

@thewayiam Have you seen the venues that Neck Deep are playing on their next tour? If they play the Main Stage, they aren't playing below 4th. 

I agree, on yours I’d swap DMAs for Mahalia and put Sigrid Main Stage Friday

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

@thewayiam Have you seen the venues that Neck Deep are playing on their next tour? If they play the Main Stage, they aren't playing below 4th. 

I actually hadn't, agree on the position just based on London and Cardiff but the rest is just small time and should be bigger for their time being around. London and Cardiff are easy places to go bigger as Cardiff doesn't have the venue's and London you can get away with it.

29 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I actually hadn't, agree on the position just based on London and Cardiff but the rest is just small time and should be bigger for their time being around. London and Cardiff are easy places to go bigger as Cardiff doesn't have the venue's and London you can get away with it.

Two nights at Victoria Warehouse is around 8000 people. Is that 'small time' to you? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Two nights at Victoria Warehouse is around 8000 people. Is that 'small time' to you? :lol:

It's 7k, venue is 3.5k so yes. It's not Brixton is it and it's only just over a 1000 more than the Academy. They are from Wales too, I don't know when the tickets went on sale but I'd expect that Cardiff date to be selling. I only just arrived home 3 days ago so. Barrowlands in 1,900. Take out the London date and it's not as big as it looks but they would probably still have to take 4th based off of Ally Pally.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:03 PM, Gerard the Fab said:

Update: Dua Lipa album bangs and I’m 3 songs in😂😂😂

Heard the album, I think Physical is probably the best inside the first 4 but the debut in my opinion is much better, the first 5 songs of that easily over this but that's me.

On 3/31/2020 at 7:51 AM, eFestivals said:

or alternatively, it's unreal that people here now champion throwaway pop as the best sort of music. :blink: wacko: 

Because pop stars started releasing good albums and bands started making shit ones.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Because pop stars started releasing good albums and bands started making shit ones.

That's been happening for a long time now, nothing has happened in the last year for that to suddenly happen. Indie music except for a couple of acts has been dead for about 5 years hence the primary indie music festival in the UK barely books it anymore.

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Would like to see any of:

Dua Lipa

The Strokes

The Killers

Lorde

Thinking about it The Killers could be really likely considering within the last few years they've done their own stadium tour in the UK and headlined Glastonbury, TRNSMT, IoW and Latitude so if they come back to the UK next year i guess the only thing left for them to do now is R&L

3 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Would like to see any of:

Dua Lipa

The Strokes

The Killers

Lorde

Honestly could see all of them

Strokes subbed by Lorde

Dua Lipa/The Weeknd or Travis Scott

the Killers

2 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Thinking about it The Killers could be really likely considering within the last few years they've done their own stadium tour in the UK and headlined Glastonbury, TRNSMT, IoW and Latitude so if they come back to the UK next year i guess the only thing left for them to do now is R&L

Have they done radio 1 big weekend yet

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

Why not

actually maybe not the Strokes

Dua Lipa and/or The Killers could be booked, although I wouldn't be surprised if neither were there.

Highly doubt they'd book The Strokes or Lorde, so the chance of all 4 being there is next to none.

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Not even Lorde as a R1 headliner 

Too big to be booked as R1 headliner IMO, would have to be main stage sub or main stage headliner.

I agree with the above, there's no chance of her actually coming, it's just what my ideal line up would be.

Dua lipa on the other hand I see possible, she's played the festival before, enjoyed it, and therefore has a good relationship with FR. I think it would be a real missed opportunity if they didn't book her as even though it's really steering away from Reading as a rock festival, I feel like the festival has already lost that identity and therefore I can't see the harm in booking her. She's extremely popular and sells a lot of tickets, would be a good move for booking her.