2021 Lineup

40 minutes ago, nathanh said:

One of my female friends has a day ticket to reading (first time going) she lives fairly nearby the site- will she be safe walking home? 

She's a local so she should know Reading and its shady areas pretty well. In my experience, the main street which is leading to city centre is safe because there's plenty of people going that direction (especially after the headliners).

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

One of my female friends has a day ticket to reading (first time going) she lives fairly nearby the site- will she be safe walking home? 

I walk home too, I’ve never had a problem but 1) I’m male and it pains me to say that there’s a lot less risk and 2) I always walked home with my Dad

I’m not sure what it’s like going towards Cabersham bridge as to how busy it is but for me walking along the Oxford Road, it’s dead every night

But agree with above, shouldn’t let anyone walk home on their own, especially if they consume some sort of alcohol that day

Edited by Gerard the Fab

6 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I walk home too, I’ve never had a problem but 1) I’m male and it pains me to say that there’s a lot less risk and 2) I always walked home with my Dad

I’m not sure what it’s like going towards Cabersham bridge as to how busy it is but for me walking along the Oxford Road, it’s dead every night

But agree with above, shouldn’t let anyone walk home on their own, especially if they consume some sort of alcohol that day

Ive told her I’ll walk her to where she should leave, with GPS on and make sure she gets a lift from right outside.

12 minutes ago, nathanh said:

What day of the festival (lineup-wise) are you most excited for? 

So far for me it's the Friday with catfish and stormzy but interested to see who the capaldi replacement is, also looking forward to seeing aj tracy and MK so hoping none of them clash 

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

What day of the festival (lineup-wise) are you most excited for? 

i find this years lineup there’s no day that stands out to me but every day there’s like 2/3 acts i’m really excited for, think it’s a consistently good lineup but nothing great on there, if that makes sense

13 hours ago, nathanh said:

She just asked me whether it would be safer to get a lift after the event. Its my first time actually going so i thought I would ask you guys

I always stay at my mates house on festival weekend so I know what it’s like outside.It’s pretty chaotic outside after the headliners so it will be hard for someone to pick her up outside.The road from outside the site towards Caversham Bridge is absolute bedlam.

Saying that,The fact that there loads about should make it slightly safer and there’s loads walking towards the town centre.

After that I suppose it’s the same risk as any other night/weekend but if she is arranging a lift I’d suggest a pick up point somewhere away from the site that she can walk to 

2 hours ago, r55N said:

While She Sleeps and Loathe rescheduled tour from 3rd to 23 Sept. Possible booking for R&L. 
If this happens I'll really need to find good resale and buy tix

Just getting into Loathe so very happy to see them supporting.  Are Sleeps too big for pit headliners? They're also playing Slamdunk a week later.

Also, keep a close eye on the ticket pages, people will be refunding tickets soon if they can't go

Edited by sacred shape

44 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Just getting into Loathe so very happy to see them supporting.  Are Sleeps too big for pit headliners? They're also playing Slamdunk a week later.

Also, keep a close eye on the ticket pages, people will be refunding tickets soon if they can't go

While she sleeps headlined the Pit a few years ago and I don’t think they’ve got much bigger since. 
The Pit usually has Acadamy sized bands headlining so they’re definitely not too big.

The fact that they’re already playing Slam Dunk Will more likely be a problem but in these crazy times I’m sure some of the normal rules will go out of the window.

3 minutes ago, Newjem said:

I hate to break it to you, but the poster says Main Stage East.

Think the poster hasent done stage splits yet mate, as MK is down for main stage to but reckon he will headline the dance stage and reckon neck deep be on the pit stage 

5 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Think the poster hasent done stage splits yet mate, as MK is down for main stage to but reckon he will headline the dance stage and reckon neck deep be on the pit stage 

The recent confirmations of Sports Team and KSI playing on main stage makes me think that the stage splits on poster are right, at least for the Main Stage East. Neck Deep has already headlined The Pit so maybe it's time for them to show up on a big stage. MK is a weid one but there's been DJ sets on Radio 1 Stage in the past so why not on main stage? After all, it's not that much different from Major Lazer who played there in 2017 and maybe they are trying to be more like Parklife or SW4 (where DJs play on main stages all the time) with the new concept.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Going by their tour dates, BBCC are (to my genuine amazement) big enough to headline the 1Xtra tent, which is where I think they’ll play.

I've just looked at their tour dates, I'm suprised the venues they are playing lol, I only started listening to them after Jack Saunders played them on radio 1 lol

3 minutes ago, Newjem said:

The recent confirmations of Sports Team and KSI playing on main stage makes me think that the stage splits on poster are right, at least for the Main Stage East. Neck Deep has already headlined The Pit so maybe it's time for them to show up on a big stage. MK is a weid one but there's been DJ sets on Radio 1 Stage in the past so why not on main stage? After all, it's not that much different from Major Lazer who played there in 2017 and maybe they are trying to be more like Parklife or SW4 (where DJs play on main stages all the time) with the new concept.

Suprised at sports team being on the main stage I must of missed that, big bump up for KSI to but not as suprised as he's got quite big, where would neck deep play would they open up the stage? I just feel if we have a dance stage it makes MK to headline it 

6 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Solardo said they’re in the dance tent, so I don’t think the stage splits on the poster are right, at least not 100%