2021 Lineup

14 hours ago, R Shah said:

With Tame Impala announced for Primavera, I can see APE just re-booking them but they'd be a welcome addition at R+L, I do think they are big enough to headline outright, potentially coheadline but they're miles bigger than most recent subs.

Tame / Biffy would be lovely

the APE day was awesome to be fair, i'd be happy with that honestly. Victoria Park is easily the best london venue too

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Just got an email from Tickemaster about some Download TV thing, does anyone have any idea what it is and whether Reading will do the same thing??

It’s a whole weekend of Download stuff. Have a look on their website for details, some of it sounds really cool. 

I’ve just listened to the Sports Team album and really liked it. They’re on course to hit #1 in the album charts tomorrow. Pretty impressive for a band on their debut album. They’ll be Main Stage next year, surely? Fifth / sixth down?

41 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I'll be interested to see if All Time Low beat them or if they fall away from second, they're going to be hindered by having a load of their initial streams back in April when it came out digitally.

I think as you say that will hinder them, ik I haven’t listened to it since a couple of weeks after it came out so I think Sports Team definitely hold the upper hand

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

It’s a whole weekend of Download stuff. Have a look on their website for details, some of it sounds really cool. 

I’ve just listened to the Sports Team album and really liked it. They’re on course to hit #1 in the album charts tomorrow. Pretty impressive for a band on their debut album. They’ll be Main Stage next year, surely? Fifth / sixth down?

I’ll have a look cheers and I think Yh Main Stage, is headlining FR too low??

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I’ll have a look cheers and I think Yh Main Stage, is headlining FR too low??

I reckon FR is still the right size for them. Reckon it would be good if they were at the same time as Travis Scott in that slot

Sports Team possibly getting to number one is mental. I knew they had a big fanbase with the younger indie lot, but it must be a fucking shite week in big new releases if they managed to get to #1 with what is an pretty okay album but nothing more.

On Tame Impala, I think they'll just be back at APE, and I don't see them headlining Reading/Leeds any time soon, especially as a standalone headliner with no co-headliner attached. They just don't strike me as an act FR would be bothered about pushing up the lineup, much like they didn't rebook them on their Currents tour.

• Upvote 3

Seems like Lady Gaga is still going to top the charts ahead of them with a very low no. 1 sales total (it is her second week) but fair play to them. I think they’re doing a huge instore show tour which will have inflated those sales but doing well and I hope they keep building on it.

10 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

uz6e6r55vc451.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&asee if Leedslive will post this one

Not sure i see a tame-brock clash i reckon their fans overlap a lot.

everything everything seem a bit low too

11 hours ago, stanh said:

thoughts? tried to be a bit more realistic 

r+l fake.png

I think Dua Lipa could still sub as its reading so not completely her scene. Its not completely out of the question at least - less shocking than capaldi 3rd down i think.

——

for both lineups i think theres no doubt ksi will be back probably on main too, he has blown up like crazy recently

Gorillaz and Tame have almost zero chance of ever playing R&L again. Last time I saw Tame Impala at R&L no one was interested and the tent was only half full so it wouldn’t surprise me if the feeling of the band/the bookers was mutual in the sense neither are bothered about playing again. Think Tame suit APE, Latitude and Glastonbury much more and they’ll probably play those festival when they’re about. 

• Upvote 1

New Snuts single is brilliant, and the Jack Garrat album is class. Foals have released a remix album which is interesting as well

11 hours ago, stanh said:

thoughts? tried to be a bit more realistic 

r+l fake.png

I think you could swap Tame Impala and Dua Lipa, even though Biffy and Dua don’t seem to fit I think that’d be quite fun. And either Tame sub AM (because they’re supposedly not big enough🙄🙄) or Catfish

56 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

New Snuts single is brilliant, and the Jack Garrat album is class. Foals have released a remix album which is interesting as well

I think you could swap Tame Impala and Dua Lipa, even though Biffy and Dua don’t seem to fit I think that’d be quite fun. And either Tame sub AM (because they’re supposedly not big enough🙄🙄) or Catfish

Dua next to Biffy would be much closer to me getting a day ticket than Tame Impala there. I would have to find something else to watch elsewhere before which for me these days at Reading can be hard.

Stormzy - Gerry Cinnamon - Megan Thee Stallion - Wolf Alice - Glass Animals - KSI  R1: IDLES - Mabel  FR: Jack Garratt  Dance: Wilkinson  LOCK UP: Code Orange  1XTRA: Kano

Biffy/Foals - Dave - Nothing But Thieves - Hayley Williams - Denzel Curry    R1: Rex Orange County - Dermot Kennedy  FR: Sports Team  Dance: Pete Tong  PIT: All American Rejects  1XTRA: M Huncho

Arctic Monkeys - Courteneers - The Vaccines - The Streets - AITCH - Pale Waves   R1: Brockhampton - D Block Europe  FR: Beabadoobee  Dance: Annie Mac  PIT: Sleeping With Sirens  1XTRA: Headie One

This is sort of a bit like this years, I'm hoping LG isn't there, but he prolly will over AM. Bands like Asking Alexandria, Sea Girls, Vistas low MS. And Dizzee Rascal opening Main for the limbs

20 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Stormzy - Gerry Cinnamon - Megan Thee Stallion - Wolf Alice - Glass Animals - KSI  R1: IDLES - Mabel  FR: Jack Garratt  Dance: Wilkinson  LOCK UP: Code Orange  1XTRA: Kano

Biffy/Foals - Dave - Nothing But Thieves - Hayley Williams - Denzel Curry    R1: Rex Orange County - Dermot Kennedy  FR: Sports Team  Dance: Pete Tong  PIT: All American Rejects  1XTRA: M Huncho

Arctic Monkeys - Courteneers - The Vaccines - The Streets - AITCH - Pale Waves   R1: Brockhampton - D Block Europe  FR: Beabadoobee  Dance: Annie Mac  PIT: Sleeping With Sirens  1XTRA: Headie One

This is sort of a bit like this years, I'm hoping LG isn't there, but he prolly will over AM. Bands like Asking Alexandria, Sea Girls, Vistas low MS. And Dizzee Rascal opening Main for the limbs

I'd go big Stormz day, I don't think Wolf Alice would be that low though. Gerry, Wolf Alice, Idles/Kano would be good.

Sadly though I'd probably have to go Biffy day as the missus is big on them.

AM wont be playing. They are doing three Sheffield dates if about early June and if it comes off it is prime for a Glastonbury headline slot. The Strokes on the other hand - playing Sziget weeks before and Rage dropped out, reckon they could pull that off and it would sell well due to how APE sales did and the demand.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Main stage I reckon 

I think his new album is excellent :lol: his crowd would have been insane for the little tent he was due to be playing this year. If he played main stage he’d draw a ridiculous crowd. I can see him playing pretty high. 

Edited by Andre91

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think his new album is excellent :lol: his crowd would have been insane for the little tent he was due to be playing this year. If he played main stage he’d draw a ridiculous crowd. I can see him playing pretty high. 

High main or even R1 tent headliner against someone like Biffy - his new album is actually impressive 😂

Edited by Dukey