2 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

No Rage according to the Werchter thread, there not doing festivals and doing a tour in November 2021. Fucking gutted. 

That's gutting if true, genuinely gutting. Will probably be a London show only if they come to the UK, which will be a lot of travel for someone living up North!

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

No Rage according to the Werchter thread, there not doing festivals and doing a tour in November 2021. Fucking gutted. 

Agh, that is an absolute nightmare.

Rage getting announced was simply the biggest thing Reading could have pulled off for me personally.

I dread to think who they’ll get to replace them.

I’m guessing Rage being out is the main reason they decided to not say the lineup is moving over to 2021 - big loss for the festival that, although unfortunately probably not a great loss to most of the usual attendees these days.

Ahh, man, that’s a bummer for sure. Hopefully it’ll be more than one date if they come over in the winter. 

LG, Stormzy & Biffy then :ninja: 

I honestly think it might be Biffy/Courteeners if that's the case. Biffy are great, wouldn't mind that at all, but still, there'll always be a feeling of "Could have been watching Rage instead".

Less said about Courteeners the better, although the current audience would lap them up.

I reckon Biffy would be an easy replacement though Teeners would more likely sub. Especially with the lack of August options. 

On 6/5/2020 at 6:15 PM, Dim Sum said:

Give it to me right now! Tbh I really don't care if we get shit headliners this would be fucking insane and the festival would sell out!

It would 'sell out', no doubt about that!

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I’m guessing Rage being out is the main reason they decided to not say the lineup is moving over to 2021 - big loss for the festival that, although unfortunately probably not a great loss to most of the usual attendees these days.

To be honest if they weren't selling anyway which was an indication from someone the other day then they aren't a big loss.

Rage not coming back and @eFestivals being into incest apparently? Can this weekend get any worse?

(obviously not true but this guy is an arsehole 24/7 on r/readingfestival and thought it was funny af considering there aren't even any mods)

image.png.9bc34a474dc6bf84bd5a506873ea0cbb.png

• Upvote 5

Honestly just stick Travis Scott on the bill and then have a whole Rock/indie lineup. That will appeal all the young kids and will acc let us have some proper acts back. Plus Travis Scott is an insane performer, even if im not a huge fan of the genre

• Upvote 1

Travis Scott

Stormzy

Biffy Clyro/Foals

With Catfish and the Bottlemen, Tame Impala and Lewis Capaldi as the subs. 

Dear god it’s bleak.

15 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Travis Scott

Stormzy

Biffy Clyro/Foals

Dear god it’s bleak.

Think Catfish see themselves as a headline band and wouldn't accept subbing. Also Tame would headline if they played not sub and wouldn't fit the audience of the festival. Rest of it maybe tho if Travis wasnt touring this year, would he next year? 

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Tame Impala wouldn't get booked and they wouldn't headline anyway, I will argue this until I'm proven wrong.

i'm not sure that's entirely true, Rage is a much more obscure booking than Tame Impala in 2020, yes Rage would most likely sell more tickets due to being a rare booking but Tame would definitely go down better with the general audience .. don't think there is anything stopping Tame from being booked in the future like you've suggested, a huge act with a devoted fan base and now that R&L has branched out into multiple genres they can book prominent acts from any genre

Edited by OnlyRevolutions
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Tame Impala wouldn't get booked and they wouldn't headline anyway, I will argue this until I'm proven wrong.

Tame Impala are a headline level band, and the show that Kevin and the gang would put on would be immense

Fratellis are a headline band, I will argue this until proven wrong

Ugh. I bet the £85ish day ticket is going to translate into a £100+ gig at the fucking O2 or something.

14 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Travis Scott

Stormzy

Biffy Clyro/Foals

Dear god it’s bleak.

Two rap headliners which I suppose I could see, but I think it’s more likely they stick with their current pro-forma for headliners.

Also Tame Impala are way too big to sub at this point in my opinion, and Catfish I don’t think would sub, although I’d say you’ve placed them right.

Edited by Jack.194

2 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Fratellis are a headline band, I will argue this until proven wrong

More interesting to listen to than Tame Impala so I'll sign that petition.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I personally think Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys and Travis Scott is the biggest trio R+L could get for 2021.

• Upvote 2

Where are people getting this idea from that Tame Impala are some giant headline or nothing behemoth? 

Edited by Andre91
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Where are people getting this idea from that Tame Impala are some giant headline or nothing behemoth? 

I've asked this question numerous times and get shot down because they've headlined coachella which automatically means they headline everywhere 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Because Kevin demands the dark, and if Dua Lipa who was to headline the Other Stage at Glasto is headline or nothing according to some people then so are Tame Impala

• Downvote 1