2021 Lineup

51 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Friday

BIFFY CLYRO/BMTH, Run The Jewels, Enter Shikari, Bullet For My Valentine, Denzel Curry, Creeper, Yonaka, Holding Abscene R1: AJ Tracey, Mabel DS: Pete Tong, Patrick Topping Pit: Death Grips, Knocked Loose FR: Drenge, Fatherson R1X: Jay1, Tiffany Calver

Saturday

ARCTIC MONKEYS, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Jamie T,  DMA'S, Circa Waves, M Huncho, Sports Team, Vistas, The Mysterines R1: Brockhampton, Slaves DS: Annie Mac, Mistajam Lock Up: Frank Turner & Sleeping Souls, Against Me FR: Vistas (Two Sets) Black Honey R1X: Kano, Kasien 

Sunday 

STORMZY, Disclosure, The Streets, Idles, Slowthai, The Snuts, Lady Leshurr, Sea Girls, Alice Glass R1: Parkway Drive, Don Broco DS: Carl Cox, Annie Mac Pit: Carpenter Brut, Venom Prison FR: Phoebe Bridgers, The Regrettes R1X: Ms Banks, Hawa 

Secret Set: Skepta main stage kick off on the Sunday

That would be a insane and brilliant weekend 

51 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Friday

BIFFY CLYRO/BMTH, Run The Jewels, Enter Shikari, Bullet For My Valentine, Denzel Curry, Creeper, Yonaka, Holding Abscene R1: AJ Tracey, Mabel DS: Pete Tong, Patrick Topping Pit: Death Grips, Knocked Loose FR: Drenge, Fatherson R1X: Jay1, Tiffany Calver

Saturday

ARCTIC MONKEYS, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Jamie T,  DMA'S, Circa Waves, M Huncho, Sports Team, Vistas, The Mysterines R1: Brockhampton, Slaves DS: Annie Mac, Mistajam Lock Up: Frank Turner & Sleeping Souls, Against Me FR: Vistas (Two Sets) Black Honey R1X: Kano, Kasien 

Sunday 

STORMZY, Disclosure, The Streets, Idles, Slowthai, The Snuts, Lady Leshurr, Sea Girls, Alice Glass R1: Parkway Drive, Don Broco DS: Carl Cox, Annie Mac Pit: Carpenter Brut, Venom Prison FR: Phoebe Bridgers, The Regrettes R1X: Ms Banks, Hawa 

This is too good to be possible

7 minutes ago, Isambard said:

I’d still love a bit of the old too ..... Madness !

i honestly think they’re a shout, what about Elbow as well??

55 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday 

I’d be all over that, particularly the Friday and Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday 

BFMV > Shikari > BMTH > Biffy. Fantastic run. Catfish into Monkeys would be insane too.

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Where are people getting this idea from that Tame Impala are some giant headline or nothing behemoth? 

is this relating to the comment below? i think thats saying they spend all their cash on monkeys and travis and then tame is a good get as the 3rd headliner

9 hours ago, R Shah said:

I personally think Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys and Travis Scott is the biggest trio R+L could get for 2021.

1 hour ago, Alex Winstone said:

Friday

Saturday

Sunday 

brock v monkeys your evil. i think the days are a bit too sorted too genre wise (friday and saturday mostly), some acts definitely need to switch days i think

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

What? :lol: Any number of artist can demand the dark, it doesn’t mean they will get it and it definitely doesn’t make them headliners. 

There’s a reason Tame Impala are able to headline the 40k APE and not R&L (Yes, I realise I’ve totally shot myself in the foot here Re: Bring Me The Horizon). 

Tame are undoubtedly a big band (they play the O2, don’t they?) but they’re not this juggernaut some people on here make them out to be. 

tame impala would be shit in the day though lets be honest. weird spot for them to be in as they are too big for the tent but weak for main headline. I am pretty sure they just wouldn't play if they weren't in the dark as it would really undersell them. maybe a closing set type thing like iow and latitude have been doing recently?

29 minutes ago, gfa said:

tame impala would be shit in the day though lets be honest. weird spot for them to be in as they are too big for the tent but weak for main headline. I am pretty sure they just wouldn't play if they weren't in the dark as it would really undersell them. maybe a closing set type thing like iow and latitude have been doing recently?

They weren’t shit in the light at Glastonbury a few years ago. They’ve played in the light many times in their career - if they were to play Reading again then they’d have to do that once more.

Edited by dentalplan

5 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

I seem to recall that all the main stage subs in recent years barring ADTR played in the dark. 

And the only reason ADTR didn’t was because they were on before Foos who played for 3 hours.

i don't really remember but maybe towards the end of the set but definitely not the full thing

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

If Tame Impala are only good in the dark then shove them in a tent against a popular headliner so said tent isn't rammed. Everyone wins, Tame fans get their decent light show to rubbish music whilst a decent headliner who's worth the slot is on.

that defeats the point of having a big tent headliner

5 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Just a question, what does everyone think is Biffys best album and song is, just listening to them and they have some absolute bangers

For me Opposites, Puzzle or Vertigo of Bliss. Special mention to Only Revolutions. Everything post 2013 hasn't been great, Tiny Indoor Fireworks is alright off the new album the other two singles not so much. 

Favourite songs? Diary of Always, Folding Stars, Living is a problem, Stingin' Belle, Little Hospitals, Picture a Knife Fight and Jaggy Snake. Used to love Biffy, love to see them headline again. Getting on though now and the music isn't what it was.

9 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Just a question, what does everyone think is Biffys best album and song is, just listening to them and they have some absolute bangers

Best album is either The Vertigo of Bliss or Infinity Land. Best song... could be anything from those two albums, but let's go with Bodies in Flight.

Imo I’ve always loved Only Revolutions, when I was a kid it was all I wanted to listen too, but I’d say my favourite songs are either Living is a Problem, Victory Over the Sun, Boooooooooooooom, Blast & Ruin or 57.

Also special mention to Who’s Got a Match

Edited by Gerard the Fab

21 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

My two favourites are Puzzle and Blackened Sky. Only Revolutions is the hit factory, though. I think everything up to and including Opposites is solid gold. 

Top songs for me are Strung To Your Ribcage, Justboy, Get Fucked Stud, Whorses and Eradicate the Doubt. 

36 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Only Revolutions is the hit factory, though. I think everything up to and including Opposites is solid gold.

I agree, although before they played in 2016, where I thought they were very good, I thought they only had three albums (Ellipsis, Only Revolutions and Opposite), so got a bit lost in their set. Since I’ve obviously got Spotify and explored a bit tho 

3 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I agree, although before they played in 2016, where I thought they were very good, I thought they only had three albums (Ellipsis, Only Revolutions and Opposite), so got a bit lost in their set. Since I’ve obviously got Spotify and explored a bit tho 

Ellipsis has a few of great tracks on (Wolves of Winter, Animal Style, On a Bang, In The Name of the Wee Man) but it’s definitely the point where I started losing interest at large. I haven’t rated any of the three new singles at all. 

They are without question the best live band I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen them 6 times and they’ve never been less than a 9/10 for me. Their first headline set at Leeds 2013 is the best festival show I’ve ever seen and second best show full stop. 

I think they’ll headline again next year. 

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Ellipsis has a few of great tracks on (Wolves of Winter, Animal Style, On a Bang, In The Name of the Wee Man) but it’s definitely the point where I started losing interest at large. I haven’t rated any of the three new singles at all. 

They are without question the best live band I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen them 6 times and they’ve never been less than a 9/10 for me. Their first headline set at Leeds 2013 is the best festival show I’ve ever seen and second best show full stop. 

I'll give you Animal but I think Wolves of Winter is quite average.

Puzzle got me into Biffy, Only Revolutions extended it. I wasn't  a fan much of the earlier stuff....the wrong side of heavy for me maybe at that time in my music listening. The first 4/5 from Puzzle/Only Rev is just banger gold. I think God and Satan and Saturday Superhouse are up there as two of the best for me. Bubbles is just a really feel good live song though.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

My two favourites are Puzzle and Blackened Sky. Only Revolutions is the hit factory, though. I think everything up to and including Opposites is solid gold. 

Top songs for me are Strung To Your Ribcage, Justboy, Get Fucked Stud, Whorses and Eradicate the Doubt. 

Strung to your ribcage and whorses are tunes. 2013 looked so good, you lucky person seeing that live. Yeah due to Rage not happening, Biffy would be a welcome replacement for me. Feels they are trying to produce more Opposite type songs for new album and it isn't working for me.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I agree I occasionally listen to it on CD while doing HW, and like the first few then I just lose interest, I like End Of as a single the other two haven’t really listened too

they have to be up there for me too, although very jealous having watched 2013 Reading back a few times. I think as @RarerThanDandyB said they would be a good replacement for Rage, especially as it make more sense for Courteeners into Biffy, you could always add a co headline as well if FR don’t think they’re big enough, Foals would be brilliant with them as people have mentioned before

8 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Only Revolutions, and my favourite has to be Mountains, love that song to pieces. Special mention to The Captain as well. 

Never seen them before, but would love the chance to on their next UK tour (a big rock band that actually comes to Newcastle!? Hallelujah!)

With Tame Impala announced for Primavera, I can see APE just re-booking them but they'd be a welcome addition at R+L, I do think they are big enough to headline outright, potentially coheadline but they're miles bigger than most recent subs.

Tame / Biffy would be lovely