Idles

fuzzy_logic

12 hours ago, lukethekid said:

I’d go Bleach over In Utero. 

Finally!! I am not alone :)

I know Utero got all the accolades but....it never really clicked for me. Better than Incesticide, but I'd take all of Bleach, Nevermind, Unplugged & Wishkah over it.

58 minutes ago, Quark said:

I know Utero got all the accolades but....it never really clicked for me. Better than Incesticide, but I'd take all of Bleach, Nevermind, Unplugged & Wishkah over it.

In Utero is far and away the best as far as I'm concerned. It's brutal. Milk It is the best Nirvana song.

All the albums are amazing though.

Edited by Peter North

58 minutes ago, Quark said:

In Utero is in my all time top 5 albums.

(Funeral, Different Class, Good Kid Maad City and Midnight Boom in case you wondering)

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Bleach was the first album I ever bought. Still absolutely love it and still think it’s the most raw out of the albums they made. The one band I wish I could go back in time to see (would have to be twice though because it would have to be unplugged & live at Reading).

This whole conversation has made me break my normal Friday routine of new releases to go back and re-listen to Bleach for the first time in years.  Forgot how much I love it.

I know it's not a studio album, but Unplugged... remains my favourite. Probably my top live album of all time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Idles are supporting Pearl Jam at the below gigs:  

June
23 Frankfurt Festhalle *
25 Berlin Waldbuhne *
29 Copenhagen Royal Arena *

Have a break if they want to do Glastonbury that weekend...

That's a pretty interesting Glasto-shaped hole. Do bands usually pop back to the UK in a three day break? Maybe if it's Glastonbury....I'd take them as JP headliner on the Saturday. 

(They were fucking ace last night btw)

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

That's a pretty interesting Glasto-shaped hole. Do bands usually pop back to the UK in a three day break? Maybe if it's Glastonbury....I'd take them as JP headliner on the Saturday. 

(They were fucking ace last night btw)

I think Pearl Jam are off to play Lollapalooza in Stockholm that weekend so entirely possible they follow there but would be an independent deal so Idles could choose to do Glastonbury - although imagine it would have to be a slot that made it worth it. 

Hi all, long time fan of these forums from a far... Just found out I can't make the Idles gig at Ally Pally on Saturday so about to post on Twickets. Wanted to give a heads up so they went to a fan rather than a tout

Just seen they are not allowing for postage delivery, I guess too close to gig date?? Drop off points or meet at venue don't really work out, please let me know if there is any other trusted method. Cheers!

Edited by Danny J
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Took me quite a while to get into Idles, but thought they were fantastic last night 

On another related note...I went to the Winged Ox beforehand and I've never seen a place so full of people in a band's t-shirts before! I was reminded of bennyhanna's "don't wear a band's t-shirt to their own gig" rule. It seems a lot of them were some of the AF Gang I've been hearing so much about. The place was rammed with them!

45 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

On another related note...I went to the Winged Ox beforehand and I've never seen a place so full of people in a band's t-shirts before! I was reminded of bennyhanna's "don't wear a band's t-shirt to their own gig" rule. It seems a lot of them were some of the AF Gang I've been hearing so much about. The place was rammed with them!

There was lots and lots of Idles tshirts last night. St Lukes is good, it's quite good for a gig as well 

47 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Watched the Glastonbury set again. Very Special that. 

If Emily does read this forum, get them back!!

Are you going this week in Manchester, Fuzz? You're in for a treat!

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

There was lots and lots of Idles tshirts last night. St Lukes is good, it's quite good for a gig as well 

Yeh I only realised recently that they do gigs there too. It's only been a pre-Barrowlands pint stop before now but I'll have to check out its listings. 

Lucky that you got one of the tickets from the link from DandyB! I was singing IDLES tunes in my head all morning today....and I would totally buy that Christmas cover if they released it :lol:

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

They were so amazing weren't they?! I did wonder if any other efest folk would be there ?

??‍♂️

It was pretty incredible wasn’t it? You’ll struggle to find a better opening to a gig than Colossus > Never Fight a Man with a Perm. 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

36 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

My brother and I noticed this as well. Ridiculous amount of people breaking the rule.