2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

Another great day of music today.

From what I've listened to so far, EARTHGANG's new one wins the day, fucking great hip-hop.

Iggy's latest was better than I expected, really enjoyed that.

Squid's EP was alright, we already had half of it and the opener didn't really add too much. Great band though.

Death Cab For A Cutie's new EP was great as well, I love that To The Ground tune. Used to irrationally hate that band so dunno what's changed, great stuff there though.

God damn, I wanted to hate that Ozzy Osbourne x Travis Scott x Post Malone track so much but it actually kind of works?...

Feeling a little swamped with music at the mo tbh. Still got Mahalia, Bat For Lashes, Muna, Aitch, Earthgang, Black Futures and G Flip to listen to from the last couple weeks, and I still haven't gotten around to listening to some of the better reviewed albums from this year (notably still got Igor and weyes blood I wanna check out). And all that's without taking into account how stacked this next week is for releases

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

God damn, I wanted to hate that Ozzy Osbourne x Travis Scott x Post Malone track so much but it actually kind of works?...

Feeling a little swamped with music at the mo tbh. Still got Mahalia, Bat For Lashes, Muna, Aitch, Earthgang, Black Futures and G Flip to listen to from the last couple weeks, and I still haven't gotten around to listening to some of the better reviewed albums from this year (notably still got Igor and weyes blood I wanna check out). And all that's without taking into account how stacked this next week is for releases

Don't sweat it. A lot of people try to rush through a bunch of albums and catalogue an opinion on each one but, at the end of the day, it's more important to get lost in the records that do grab you than marking things off a list.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

The last month has been huge for music to be fair. There'll be a calm period at some point. December's great for it coz barely anyone releases music then and all the aoty lists come out.

11 hours ago, Mash011 said:

god knows what magic they've put into this new mix cos suddenly this slaps unbelievably hard

That songs always slapped unbelievably hard. I'll concede the new mix sprinkles some extra juices pixie dust on it though.

Wish the new album binned off Her Majesty though.

On 7/31/2019 at 3:23 PM, kingcrawler said:

Just catching up with the new Angel Olsen song that came out yesterday but it's fantastic, really like this new direction. I didn't realise that she was on a song on Mark Ronson's new album which is also really good.

nice feature on her in this weekend's NY Times magazine I thought I'd share for those interested.... 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/magazine/angel-olsen-all-mirrors.html

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Don't sweat it. A lot of people try to rush through a bunch of albums and catalogue an opinion on each one but, at the end of the day, it's more important to get lost in the records that do grab you than marking things off a list.

Possibly the most sensible thing I've read on this forum