2019 New Music

Amy Lawn

Charli is slightly dissapointing imo, it's still very good but its not as amazing as I was expecting. Especially during the slower songs during the middle (I Don't Wanna Know and Official in particular). If those had been cut the album would have been a lot tighter.

Still reckon Gone is easily the best track there though, a real masterpeice. I really like the yaeji/clairo track too, and the cupkakke/brooke candy/pabllo vittar collab is messy but good fun.

Unrelated but the Lana/Miley/Ariana track is pretty crap too, production is pretty repetitive and Lana sounds so out of place (Miley crushes it though).

Oh no. I listened to the new Phantom Planet song out of morbid curiosity and it's infectious as the god damn Spanish flu.

Also here to say that I loooooooove Metronomy Forever. Love it.

Can't deny that it's gonna be pretty inaccessible for fresh listeners and disappointing for anyone still waiting for English Riviera 2: Corinne's Revenge but it's like a tapestry of their career to date, touching on all the different styles they've done in previous albums as well as new ones, and well I'm here for it.

This new Alex Cameron album is superb. I can't tell if it's Forced Witness level yet (a very high bar), but it's definitely not far off. Harmony Hall is in a league of its own (it's like the best song ever), but excluding that Miami Memory is up there for song of the year. I'm busy the night he's playing Leeds or I'd be heading there as well as the Manc date.

The new Pixies isn't as good as Head Carrier, but it's not a bad effort at all. There's enough here for me. I think the singles, Long Rider, and Silver Bullet should hopefully all be great live.

I have listened to bits of the Metronomy album and it sounds good but gonna properly spin it today. Need to get round to Charli's as well. And Twin Peaks. And about a million other albums.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1