John Lennon Peace Statue

Gnomicide

12 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

I don't understand your point.

The guy was an arse and a great advocate for peace at the same time. If people want to condemn him for the former, then that's fair enough in my opinion. If you're an advocate for Lennon, you should be praising the things he did right rather than arguing against the things he did wrong surely.

I was taking the piss about how there's near always some sort of issue that starts a kick off, petitions and what have you like Metallica, Kanye West etc.

18 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Bizarrely enough there's a random statue of John Lennon in a very small park somewhere just outside central Havana, Cuba. I was doing a bus tour of the city in 2010. The tour guide was talking us through the various main sights and points of historical interest, then seemingly of his own accord, the driver took some twists and turns down little roads, stopped the bus, stood up, then in Spanish presumably said "Right, everybody off the bus, there's a statue of John Lennon over there and I've brought some glasses with me, take a picture" So that's what we did. True story. Here it is....

186.JPG

That's not John and it's not Havana, It's fecking Gulliver taking a break on location in Lilliput.

Edited by mashedonmud