Resale Club 2019

McCor

Over the weekend I Paid a visit to a mate who has a cottage in Wiltshire. We then went for a few days to Cheltenham via Wells.  I was only a matter of a few miles from Pilton but I couldn’t bring myself to go and have a peek.

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

How’s everyone doing the last few days?

ive been absent as I completed on my flat yesterday! So much to sort out but getting there.

Am pretty sore at the minute. Had a dental implant done.  The procedure is not too bad but you don't feel great in the following days after. Off to see Underworld on Friday and then down to London next weekend to see New Order ???

On 10/30/2018 at 10:55 PM, Big durbs said:

Would love to do that walk , can you let me have details, parking place and how officially this was , would not wish to upset Michael or the working farm 

Parked in a lay by outside the village near a pub. virtually nowhere nearer to park,  the site is cris crossed with rights of way, mostly the hard paths you see during the festival. The pyramid field gates are sometimes shut if cattle are in the field.  You won’t stumble into a long drop as they are covered with metal sheets. No problems as long as you stick to proper paths, avoiding crops and shut gates. No access most of the summer when festival is being set up etc.  As always Respect the farm.  Nice walks in the country roads around the site as an alternative 

On 10/31/2018 at 6:23 PM, Ozanne said:

ive been absent as I completed on my flat yesterday! So much to sort out but getting there.

I'm still gutted, it's my first thought every morning when I wake up. Call me obsessed, I don't care! I'm sure the feeling will fade in time but I've never actually been in this situation so who knows when!?

Apart from that I'm fine ?

46 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I'm still gutted, it's my first thought every morning when I wake up. Call me obsessed, I don't care! I'm sure the feeling will fade in time but I've never actually been in this situation so who knows when!?

I get that mate, I can’t believe it hasn’t even been a month yet

12 hours ago, Cooter said:

Literally, I feel the same!!!

1 hour ago, ledwards said:

Literally, I feel the same!!!

Thing is, I know I should get it into perspective, it's just a big party in some fields somewhere after all.

Maybe the fireworks display later will help me forget all about it...oh wait....aaaaarrrrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I’m feeling more positive about the resales and having had success in them for the last few years keeps the hopes alive, it doesn’t get any easier having been here a few times before either, you think it would, but nah.

my mates who were lucky securing a cv ticket means I can travel down and camp with them again when I get a GA ticket in those resales - it has brought a slightly more positive feeling to the current situation.

i probably need to get something booked into the pipeline to fill the current void over the long winter.

have a happy weekend all

52 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Well I am going to watch Underworld later. Ideal time to practice some moves in preperation for when I get a ticket next April.

Have a fab time, we met the guys from underworld in a small nightclub when I was working in Japan years ago, they offered us guestlist tickets to their gig (they were supporting the prodigy) but mr moheetoes politely declined them (wtf - I still haven’t forgiven him - don’t think I ever will)  as we were booked on an early Mt Fuji excursion the morning after the gig - still haven’t seen underworld or the prodigy live....

Me and my husband have never been to Glastonbury, when we saw it on TV in 2017 we both said we wanted to be there for 2019. We got married this year and agreed that we would go full out for Glastonbury and treat it as our honeymoon. But we didn't get tickets as the morning the tickets went on sale our 2 year old had been hit with a sickness bug and neither of us could take an eye off of him :( Absolutely heartbroken. Hoping (praying) that we can get tickets in the resale, we were so looking forward to it. Keeping everything crossed.

19 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Parked in a lay by outside the village near a pub. virtually nowhere nearer to park,  the site is cris crossed with rights of way, mostly the hard paths you see during the festival. The pyramid field gates are sometimes shut if cattle are in the field.  You won’t stumble into a long drop as they are covered with metal sheets. No problems as long as you stick to proper paths, avoiding crops and shut gates. No access most of the summer when festival is being set up etc.  As always Respect the farm.  Nice walks in the country roads around the site as an alternative 

Common misconception but there are actually no public rights of way across the site....that said they are used to visitors and there is usually no issue with having a wander about as you say.  Sounds like you may have parked by the Apple Tree out on the Glastonbury road?  For future its also possible to park on the side of Pylle Road by Mary's Gate and then walk on site via Muddy Lane coming out at Williams Green. 

On 10/31/2018 at 6:23 PM, Ozanne said:

Saw Father John Misty at the Forum in Bath on Tuesday night and what a great gig it was.  Had a sh*t burger before though so the gig thankfully made up for it.  New boiler fitted at home yesterday...so busy week and not much time to get on here.

It's still tough though....the gig simply relit the need to be there next June....

1 hour ago, moheetoes said:

Have a fab time, we met the guys from underworld in a small nightclub when I was working in Japan years ago, they offered us guestlist tickets to their gig (they were supporting the prodigy) but mr moheetoes politely declined them (wtf - I still haven’t forgiven him - don’t think I ever will)  as we were booked on an early Mt Fuji excursion the morning after the gig - still haven’t seen underworld or the prodigy live....

I am going to see The Prodigy in Leeds, a week on Tuesday ?

4 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Another resale for me too. Makes planning the trip so much more difficult but oh well...

Think of the buzz when you do get tickets in the resale though! That’s all that I’m focused on ???? 

(Weirdly I’m listening to Flaming Lips - Soft Bulletin right now, I bloody love this album) 

• Like 1