The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

30 minutes ago, tumbles said:

So the ECM 12z generally agrees still ? 

Yes. The ECM slides the low up towards Iceland to the west of the UK

Potential for storms will always be present next week due to the humidity and heat. But very hit and miss. Storm risk charts show this. But I personally think we'll be ok. The short term euro comes into play tomorrow for much more accurate rain forecasts or should I say lack of rain forecasts ;)

Edited by Aragorn
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Does that show temperatures?

The colours are Geopotential height https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geopotential_height , in this case 500 hPa Geopotential Height.

It is a good indicator of temperature at ground level. The reder - purpler the hotter it will generally be (see key at bottom)

The white lines and the numbers on them are sea level pressure, basically what you see on your barometer.

:)

Edited by bamber

Just now, kalifire said:

You don’t count. 

He's right though. This is the last high-G spiral that sucks all the blood from your brain-end as we cling onto each positive forecast for dear life, then monday and tuesday give us a few bumps down to reality as the first few days become fairly certain. Thursday evening we'll know what the weekend will bring.

At least we know the trend for this week now. Threat of showers as per but the predominant trend is warm at least. 

I'm travelling down to site tomorrow and it's good to know I'm not arriving in 2016 conditions for the best week of the year ?