The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

21 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I am worried about you fuzzy! The glade is a nice emergency cooling spot on the Thursday- shaded and usually has a breeze. Strummerville is also a good cooling spot, but you have to first make it up the hill. The Woods might also be pleasant.

Don't go in the JP Tent - you  may combust.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Yes I did. That was uploaded at 14:58, we didnt get in til 12pm. So only 3 hours with the wristband on.

I didnt take an umbrella though. Im doing that this year. Ill be constantly under it.

I feel for you man, that’s bad. 

Hope you get through this year sunburn free!

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I feel for you man, that’s bad. 

Hope you get through this year sunburn free!

Thanks. I have never got through a festival sunburn free though. 2016 I got badly burnt on the Saturday, the sun was only out for an hour or so.

As bad as that picture looks, Ive had a lot worse. I fell asleep in the shade in spain once... the sun moved and I had sunburn that went blue / purple on my leg. Ive never seen anything quite like it. Random people were telling me I have "broken my leg".. it was that bad. In fairness, it was my fault that I fell asleep, so not blaming anyone else.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What factor?

I always have the same on me - 50.

However I have since stopped using sprays. For whatever reason, if I use a spray, (regardless of factor) they dont seem to work as well as if I have painted myself in the Sun Block equivalent of dulux matt paint.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

I always have the same on me - 50.

However I have since stopped using sprays. For whatever reason, if I use a spray, (regardless of factor) they dont seem to work as well as if I have painted myself in the Sun Block equivalent of dulux matt paint.

Shit man, I have a ginger beard and factor 50 sprays work a treat on me.  I did dress all in white in 2010 when I was particularly afraid of repeating the sunburn that forced me to wear two hats.  Maybe that will help? Linen shirts and the like.

19 minutes ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

That looks really cool . What’s the inside look like ? 

It doesn't open its a wrap wallet made from one piece of leather folded 3 times . The first image shows the centre pocket where I put notes it also has 2 pockets for cards or notes. 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's hard to remember which bits are normal conversation. What's throwing you?

Anything with a lower case z at the end that appear at various times of the day (to great excitement), containing a wealth of seemingly impenetrable information.

Which is, to be fair, normally succinctly summarised as "we're all going to die" either by drowning or burning. But it's the why that I'm finding utterly impossible to decipher!

2 minutes ago, ogriff said:

Anything with a lower case z at the end that appear at various times of the day (to great excitement), containing a wealth of seemingly impenetrable information.

Which is, to be fair, normally succinctly summarised as "we're all going to die" either by drowning or burning. But it's the why that I'm finding utterly impossible to decipher!

The z thing is the time the data was collected and the computer started crunching the numbers.

So 18z is the forecast based on data from 18:00, even though it doesn't come out until about 4-5 hours later, you can think of it as the 18:00 forecast.

I don't understand most of the charts either.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The z thing is the time the data was collected and the computer started crunching the numbers.

So 18z is the forecast based on data from 18:00, even though it doesn't come out until about 4-5 hours later, you can think of it as the 18:00 forecast.

I don't understand most of the charts either.

You're a gent. I'm reassured by the common lack of understanding!

6 hours ago, amfy said:

Sorry Cooter but on what planet was that moderate to heavy? Heavy rain at Glastonbury is like having a bucket of water poured over your head! I am in T shirt shorts & hi viz  & haven’t even put an extra layer on!

Didn't say it was cold, I'm in shorts and flipflops, was moderate to heavy rain where I was though. All cleared up and dried up now, nice mild evening.