My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

23 minutes ago, billum said:

Beware of that moment of wavering when there are still some Thursday departures available just after Wednesday has sold out.... should you go for them after all...?. Sunday's looking a long way off to wait to know if you've got a ticket and those Thursday coaches are right there for the taking.....  ??

20 minutes ago, pentura said:

Yup, our thoughts exactly. Said we weren't gonna try for Thursday but in the heat of the moment I can see myself going ahead with Thursday!! Could be the difference in getting a ticket or not!

Yeh, I'm hoping I have the mental strength necessary to do this! I remember trying (and failing) to get a coach resale ticket for my friend in 2017....it was carnage, desperately clicking all over the place just for anything. Hopefully, even in the haze of ticket craziness I will be able to remind myself that failure at this point is by no means the end!

If I find myself in the coach resale though I'll probably be all over a Thursday ticket

I just had a thought about this six minute thing.... would this effect the ability of a person who had just bought tickets to press back and get more? I know this isn't always possible anyway for whatever reason, but wondered if this timer would cause issues with that. Obviously it wouldn't affect the purchase of the original six tickets (as they would have been purchased by the time someone pressed "back"), but wasn't sure if it would affect the time you had to go in a second time

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I just had a thought about this six minute thing.... would this effect the ability of a person who had just bought tickets to press back and get more? I know this isn't always possible anyway for whatever reason, but wondered if this timer would cause issues with that. Obviously it wouldn't affect the purchase of the original six tickets (as they would have been purchased by the time someone pressed "back"), but wasn't sure if it would affect the time you had to go in a second time

Interesting thought - I would imagine it would affect it, but be interesting to hear what Parson Jack and other more web-tech-savvy guys reckon

Just now, jyoung said:

Is that a thing? After booking your tickets, you can just press back and get back to the form again? Seems unlikely?

Again the information is fuzzy (perhaps because of this time-limited session business?) but some people have definitely reported in the past being able to do it

3 minutes ago, billum said:

Again the information is fuzzy (perhaps because of this time-limited session business?) but some people have definitely reported in the past being able to do it

Mad. I suppose it's optimistic to hope for but would be great to help a few more friends if I'm lucky enough to get through and secure our batch.

Edited by jyoung

April resale only had Thursday tickets for Leicester, so the dilemma is:-

Hold out for Wednesday tickets tonight or Sunday normal tickets or grab a Thursday coach tonight if Wednesday sold out and miss the bonfire, fireworks but risk having to pitch by to long-drops.

2 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

April resale only had Thursday tickets for Leicester, so the dilemma is:-

Hold out for Wednesday tickets tonight or Sunday normal tickets or grab a Thursday coach tonight if Wednesday sold out and miss the bonfire, fireworks but risk having to pitch by to long-drops.

Would take a very brave person to look an actual ticket in the cart and one click away...

10 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Is that a thing? After booking your tickets, you can just press back and get back to the form again? Seems unlikely?

It worked back in the day, it doesn't now. They built some extra code in that most definitely bounces you out.

Having said that, I think once you've 'seen' the page and thus had it cached onto your PC, it might make things marginally easier to load. 

17 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Pretty sure it won't work....although there is 6 minute window to complete the transaction it's pretty certain that once you have completed the transaction the session cookie will expire and you're back to trying for a new session.

Im one of the many desperate for those tickets!! but due to my situation, coach sale tickets are not an option. If anyone would like me to try get tickets for them tonight, I'm happy to do so. Just PM me :) 

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Out of curiosity more than anything does anyone know how many "slots" are available at any one time for buying the tickets?

Are we talking tens of thousands or?

Not tens of thousands just 10's!

100,000 tickets (main sale) 4 tickets per booking average = 25,000 bookings, sale sells out in 25mins or so = 1000 bookings per minute or 17 bookings per second, as one booking completes another is let on, so only about 17 slots per second are available. (all figures approx).

19 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Pretty sure it won't work....although there is 6 minute window to complete the transaction it's pretty certain that once you have completed the transaction the session cookie will expire and you're back to trying for a new session.

30 minutes ago, billum said:

32 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I know for sure that my friend did this last year....just as we were getting the "sold out" messages he was buying six tickets and then he pressed back and secured the final four. But maybe it did just make the page easier to load again somehow. Of the four years I've tried for tickets (so I'm def no expert) I'm sure in three of them a scenario like this enabled us to get a ticket for everyone on our spreadsheet and just one year (for the 2015 Glastonbury) it didn't work and when people pressed back they just got thrown out. Still, just like everything else, it's worth a shot!

7 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

100,000 tickets (main sale) 4 tickets per booking average = 25,000 bookings, sale sells out in 25mins or so = 1000 bookings per minute or 17 bookings per second, as one booking completes another is let on, so only about 17 slots per second are available. (all figures approx).

Oh, I love a good stat...even if it is very approximately calculated :)

14 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Is there only 100,000 in the main sale? 

I thought there was approx 175 - 180,000 tickets in total. So about 75,000 for coach tickets?

I need a little help before this evening.  I am unable to go by coach but I will be trying for my daughter and her group.  Trouble is I maybe moving by the time tickets are sent out.

Am I OK to put my daughter and her friends registration numbers in with my daughter being the lead booker with her address , but payment from my card with my address detail??   That is on the pretext of actually getting through 

I just won't want tickets to go to my old address.  Also when I try for mine on Sunday can I change my address details at  a later date  ??

Having read @parsonjack's comments earlier I'm now a bit worried. Trying to refresh at say 40 times per minute on two devices on the same Wi-Fi, will that now kick you out to the holding page as it registers it as 80 per minute? Should it be just one device per IP address, not multiple browsers? Seems like a lot of people trying multiple devices or browsers might get kicked out unless using a VPN on each? 

1 minute ago, babyblade41 said:

I need a little help before this evening.  I am unable to go by coach but I will be trying for my daughter and her group.  Trouble is I maybe moving by the time tickets are sent out.

Am I OK to put my daughter and her friends registration numbers in with my daughter being the lead booker with her address , but payment from my card with my address detail??   That is on the pretext of actually getting through 

I just won't want tickets to go to my old address.  Also when I try for mine on Sunday can I change my address details at  a later date  ??

Yes you can use any payment card, it doesn't need to belong to any of the registrations

And there's plenty of time to change the delivery address for tickets between now and April/May when See start sending them out

1 minute ago, babyblade41 said:

You can definitely use your card to buy tickets for your daughter and her group. 

I have also changed my address for ticket delivery in a previous year - they don't have to be sent to the registration address! :)