My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

1 minute ago, Ollie 1995 said:

I can't remember - are you better off staying in the "queue" or hitting refresh constantly? Does hitting refresh take you out of the queue?

There isn't a queue, that's an illusion, there's just a lottery of slots which you might be lucky enough to grab one of if you refresh at the time that one comes free

So refreshing lots is good, as long as it's less than 60 times a minute (see above....)

• Upvote 1

So, are we saying that there will be a penalty as such if you refresh to quick? You'll get taken to a different holding page and made to sit it out a little?

Is the refresh thing per device or is it done on how many times there is an attempt from your IP address to access the page?

1 minute ago, billum said:

There isn't a queue, that's an illusion, there's just a lottery of slots which you might be lucky enough to grab one of if you refresh at the time that one comes free

So refreshing lots is good, as long as it's less than 60 times a minute (see above....)

Thanks billum.. best of luck mate 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pentura said:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but when you eventually get through to the booking page you'll see two large 'buttons' essentially.

One for Wednesday Coach package and one for Thursday. You select whichever you want and then you can select location / time and enter reg. details and postcodes. Then you proceed to confirm all details and get to the payment page and then BOOM!

See photo below, obviously this example has Wednesday as sold out.

image.png.e8fa735aa441999990bad4041b296c3e.png

Perfect! Thank you very much.

1 minute ago, across97 said:

So, are we saying that there will be a penalty as such if you refresh to quick? You'll get taken to a different holding page and made to sit it out a little?

Is the refresh thing per device or is it done on how many times there is an attempt from your IP address to access the page?

Yes that's exactly it - you're out of the running until your refresh rate drops below once per second

The second point is less well understood, but multiple tabs within a browser seem to aggregate your refreshes and so could lead to premature ejection !!

1 minute ago, billum said:

Yes that's exactly it - you're out of the running until your refresh rate drops below once per second

The second point is less well understood, but multiple tabs within a browser seem to aggregate your refreshes and so could lead to premature ejection !!

Right, okay. Thanks, interesting move to do that but I imagine its a response to the servers crashing for 2017.

Even still, 1 refresh per second probably isn't achievable as the page loads quite slowly on Sunday, so you have to wait a couple of seconds before you see where you and refresh again. If its 60 per IP address, the multi device idea then is destined to fail.

I don't like this change :( puts more nerves into me

1 minute ago, across97 said:

Even still, 1 refresh per second probably isn't achievable as the page loads quite slowly on Sunday, so you have to wait a couple of seconds before you see where you and refresh again. If its 60 per IP address, the multi device idea then is destined to fail.

Yes, quite a few peeps reckon the antidote to getting thrown out is to wait for the holding page to load completely, which both keeps your refresh below 60pm and gives you a moment to realise whether it's the actual booking page instead, so you don't refresh away from it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, across97 said:

Interestingly it was on the FAQ's I believe on the ticket site, but I can't see it now

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

I came upon it for the 2017 sale....and then discovered it was still in place a couple of months back.

That's interesting. Was there astronomical issues with this for the 2017 sale? Why did they have such a thing in place anyway?

2 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

To combat auto refresh apps absolutely battering the site.

I don't know much about that end of computer tech but surely there's a way for them to directly block the apps for using the site rather than put a refresh limit on the whole lot?

I haven't used these apps but if you have it set to autorefresh every 5 seconds lets say, when you do get it, what's to stop the autorefresh app refreshing the page and you're back to the start again?