My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

16 minutes ago, James96 said:

I'm not getting a suggestion either. I always did think the Android menu system is absolutely horrible.

If you are using GBoard keyboard then try these things:

• checking both the personal dictionary inputs and the keyboard are set to the same language (e.g. UK english, not US english)
  • clear cache and data from the GBoard app
  • force stop on the GBoard app

I did all of these things and then it worked, but I don't know which one did the trick :)

2 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

I can't seem to find that on my galaxy phone... do you know if there is another way around it at all please? Checked google chrome, have my card details saved ready to go. 

Just scanning through google now to see if I can see anything other way to do it

I couldn't find it either actually - I just typed in "language" in the search bar on settings and it took me straight there

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Right, I've created 6 Virtual Machines across 6 datacentres, across 3 continents.  Plus my local desktop and a laptop tethered to my phone.  I make that 8 IP Addresses.

I bet I don't get a sniff!

And I thought I was impressive for working out how to make text shortcuts on my phone :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Right, I've created 6 Virtual Machines across 6 datacentres, across 3 continents.  Plus my local desktop and a laptop tethered to my phone.  I make that 8 IP Addresses.

There's 5 of us across three locations with a total of 9 ip addresses, nothing else to do except pray ?

22 minutes ago, James96 said:

I'm not getting a suggestion either. I always did think the Android menu system is absolutely horrible.

If you use SwiftKey on Android (I have an old crappy Samsung J7 and this works), you need to go to:

Open the SwiftKey app directly - click on 'Typing' - click on 'Clipboard' - Add a new clip - now either type or better copy/paste your registration number into the 'Clip content' field - Under 'Shortcut' assign something simple you will remember (I used r1 for Registration 1, c1 for Postcode 1) - Save

Now go test on any message or your browser: when you hit r1, your saved registration number appears as suggested text. 

Repeat for your buddies' numbers 

Good luck everyone!

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I charged my phone and made coffee. I'm screwed, ain't I?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, James96 said:

I've found this online, works for my s9 if this helps you?

Samsung Galaxy S8 text shortcuts - Tip

1. Open the app menu and then the settings.
  2. Scroll down and select "General administration" and then "Language and input"
  3. Tap "On-Screen Keyboard" and then "Samsung Keyboard"
  4. Tap "Text Recognition" and continue with "Text-Shortcuts".
  5. You can now create a new app shortcut using the "Add" button.
  6. Tap "Add" to save it.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I stand corrected.  However, if you take half of that - then WTF are you doing???

Agreed.

Details primed and ready to copy / paste.

They should lower it to 2 minutes, that'll put the cat amongst the pigeons.

• Like 1

Just now, Luke Routledge said:

So Sunday morning I am on a Stag Do... Cant work out if this could work well for me or not! If I could talk in some of the other guys on the stag into helping me from different 4g connections would that work? Or would it just slow everything down using so much mobile data in a small area?

I'd say it was worth it - just make sure they're on the ball.  Someone with a hangover flailing around on a mobile phone might make you lose your chance.  If they start a transaction with your reg number against it, then nobody else can buy tickets against that no for a few minutes (6? 10?  I'm getting confused now!)  How much do you trust your mates? ;)

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, make it for the real hard core :D That'll keep the lightweights out.  The last thing Glastonbury needs are those flaky types.

I wonder if they looked at last years stats and thought people where hanging around on the booking page too long... lets reduce the time and make it easier for people to get to the booking page? :D

My mates think I’m obsessed and taking the ticket buying process too seriously, I should show them all this thread so they can see how much worse I could be.

I’ll be refreshing on my one computer with my mates’ details in a spreadsheet, all this extra stuff is probably just more confusion unless you really know what you’re doing.