My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

4 minutes ago, franathy said:

If it's android... settings - Language & Input - personal dictionary - English (U.K)... or something similar. You shouldn't need an add on then (check it first though obviously) 

I've added it in and the phrase I enter doesn't do anything, it still remains in its original form

13 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

I'm on Android - how do I do it?

So to add to the previous message - I finally made it work. But you need to be using the GBoard keyboard rather than swift keys. You can change this by going into "language and input" again and switching the default keyboard. Then go into the GBoard app, check the dictionary has access to the words you already saved in your personal dictionary (on mine they were as they were both saved to UK English) and then clear cache and data, and then finally i tapped Force Stop, and now when I type a shortcut into a text box on google, the assigned reg number/post code comes up in the middle :) I don't know if all of those steps are necessary, but it seems to have done the job!

14 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

So to add to the previous message - I finally made it work. But you need to be using the GBoard keyboard rather than swift keys. You can change this by going into "language and input" again and switching the default keyboard. Then go into the GBoard app, check the dictionary has access to the words you already saved in your personal dictionary (on mine they were as they were both saved to UK English) and then clear cache and data, and then finally i tapped Force Stop, and now when I type a shortcut into a text box on google, the assigned reg number/post code comes up in the middle :) I don't know if all of those steps are necessary, but it seems to have done the job!

Awesome and thanks - every day is a learning day ?

7 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

and once you're in how long do you get?

Once you're in to the booking page, no tickets are being held for you yet, but if you don't complete payment and press Submit (or is it Confirm?) on the payment page within 6 minutes, your chance is lost and you're back on the holding page

Only once you've successfully submitted payment do you get allocated tickets

15 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Thanks!  If you are using swift key, you go to typing, then clipboard and set them up there - seems to work nicely.  I think if you want them to stay available you have to pin them.  also worth programming in the long number on your credit card I reckon.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, James96 said:

I've added it in and the phrase I enter doesn't do anything, it still remains in its original form

On my phone you put in the shortcut and it comes up as a word suggestion which you then select, rather than automatically changing the word. I had to test it on an online form as well (checkout page), didn't work for example, when typed into Google. 

Just now, franathy said:

On my phone you put in the shortcut and it comes up as a word suggestion which you then select, rather than automatically changing the word. I had to test it on an online form as well (checkout page), didn't work for example, when typed into Google. 

I'm not getting a suggestion either. I always did think the Android menu system is absolutely horrible.

Just now, James96 said:

I'm not getting a suggestion either. I always did think the Android menu system is absolutely horrible.

Are you definitely using the default keyboard?  I am using swiftkey and had to set up the shortcuts in that appp rather than the system settings

Just now, James96 said:

Have you tried testing it on a checkout page? If that still doesn't do it, maybe try Sasperella's tip, you might need to switch keyboard versions.

16 minutes ago, billum said:

Only once you've successfully submitted payment do you get allocated tickets

Correct.... however everyone should be aware that doesn't yet guarantee tickets, this only happens once you have the confirmation page. So, you still need to move as quickly as you can through the payment & later stages too.

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Correct.... however everyone should be aware that doesn't yet guarantee tickets, this only happens once you have the confirmation page. So, you still need to move as quickly as you can through the payment & later stages too.

Yes, very good point

2 hours ago, billum said:

Again the information is fuzzy (perhaps because of this time-limited session business?) but some people have definitely reported in the past being able to do it

I have done this in the past. After getting my tickets keep getting more for friends.

57 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Go to settings --> language and input --> personal dictionary

Then you can add words and make shortcuts. Although, I've done it and can't figure out how to actually make it work.....

I can't seem to find that on my galaxy phone... do you know if there is another way around it at all please? Checked google chrome, have my card details saved ready to go. 

Just scanning through google now to see if I can see anything other way to do it

Edited by Drfoxxx