The Cure

JoeyT

The Cure  

706 members have voted

1. 1. If The Cure were to headline would you be there? I'm intrigued due to the varied opinions of them on here.

• Yes - Definitely, regardless of who else is on the other stages.
    • More than likely - Depending on strength of the clashes on other stages.
    • Unlikely - Know a couple of songs but there would probably be something else on you'd watch instead.
    • No - Never been a fan so will definitely be elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

I didn't include the Irish gig at first as I was focussing on the 20 or so festivals they said they're doing. But all complete now :lol: Plenty of opportunities other than Glastonbury this summer.

Possible adds:

• May 31st-June 2th: Best Kept Secret, Netherlands (or Down The Rabbit Hole, July 5-7th)
  • June 24-26st: INmusic, Croatia (doubt it)
  • July 3-6th: Roskilde, Denmark
  • July 11-13th: Mad Cool, Madrid, Spain (or the reinvigorated Doctor Music Festival same weekend)
  • July 11-13th: NOS Alive, Lissabon, Portugal
  • July 17-21st: Electric Castle, Romania
  • Montreux Jazz Festival, Switzerland? (last weekend of June till July 14th)

I'd have them as almost certainties to do Roskilde, they have done it a lot. Probably right about the Spain/Portugal dates too.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are at Rock In Roma (assuming it's still going). Potentially a Scandinavian festival or one-off show, and maybe Sziget?

11 minutes ago, beau1 said:

I'd have them as almost certainties to do Roskilde, they have done it a lot. Probably right about the Spain/Portugal dates too.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are at Rock In Roma (assuming it's still going). Potentially a Scandinavian festival or one-off show, and maybe Sziget?

Not sure about Sziget, they seem pretty keen on young folks. Was maybe thinking of Øya Festival in Oslo (August 6-10th), but struggling with other festivals in that period. So yeah, couple of one-offs like Dublin and Glasgow seem definitely likely. 

EDIT: And Flow Festival in Finland, August 9-11th.

20 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Looking at those dates, I reckon instead of NOS/Mad Cool, they'll stay in central Europe between Serbia and Greece. I'd have a cheeky tenner on them doing Pohoda in Slovakia 11-13th July

Based on the last couple of years it would be a huge booking for them, but the money is in Lisbon and Madrid...

Edited by StupidDream

12 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

wouldn't be surprised if they're at Primavera the first weekend in June either. Arctic Monkeys played both Primavera and Mad Cool last year, so they might share a headliner again this year.

Ah, they did Primavera in 2012, thought it was more recently. Yeah, maybe they'll return, definitely the type of band they book, but maybe they want them to have a new album out this time. Bob wants to produce new music, but was a bit vague about whether it will happen soon.

Edited by StupidDream
Grammar

3 hours ago, StupidDream said:

I didn't include the Irish gig at first as I was focussing on the 20 or so festivals they said they're doing. But all complete now :lol: Plenty of opportunities other than Glastonbury this summer.

Possible adds:

• May 31st-June 2th: Best Kept Secret, Netherlands (or Down The Rabbit Hole, July 5-7th)
  • June 24-26st: INmusic, Croatia (doubt it)
  • July 3-6th: Roskilde, Denmark
  • July 11-13th: Mad Cool, Madrid, Spain (or the reinvigorated Doctor Music Festival same weekend)
  • July 11-13th: NOS Alive, Lissabon, Portugal
  • July 17-21st: Electric Castle, Romania
  • Montreux Jazz Festival, Switzerland? (last weekend of June till July 14th)

Open'er in Poland probably highly likely as well. 

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Looking at those dates, I reckon instead of NOS/Mad Cool, they'll stay in central Europe between Serbia and Greece. I'd have a cheeky tenner on them doing Pohoda in Slovakia 11-13th July

Thing is if they're going to do a Spanish festival is kind of has to be that weekend as that when they all are, for some odd reason. Unless they're at Primavera. 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

When the Glasgow show was booked, it was their only UK date 

(it may no longer be, but it might be) 

Seems pretty reasonable, I can imagine Glastonbury (or any fest) being a much more protracted bit of business than what's essentially their own gig. Either way, i don't think it'll be the only UK date what with everything else they're doing and this supposedly being their last festival run. (and with it not being advertised as such.)

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Open'er in Poland probably highly likely as well

I thought so too, at first. I asked in the Open'er thread but it was sort of shot down because they seem unlikely to headline their last day (Saturday). In recent years they had big pop acts that sold well, especially attracting a young crowd. Roskilde is the same weekend, so maybe Bob has had enough, also doing Ostrava.

The Cure to play Nova Rock, apparently somebody brought a poster to the streets a little bit too early (or somebody is being very funny). Nice match with Slipknot and Slash.

• March 16-21st: Rock on the Lawns, South Africa
  • June 8th: Malahide Castle, Dublin, Ireland
  • June 13-16th: Nova Rock, Austria
  • June 16th: Firenze Rocks, Italy
  • June 21-23th: Hurricane/Southside, Germany
  • June 28th: Rock Werchter, Belgium
  • July 4th: EXIT, Novi Sad, Serbia
  • July 17th: Ejekt, Athens, Greece
  • July 17-20th: Colours of Ostrava, Czech Republic
  • August 16th: Summer Sessions, Glasgow
  • August 23th: Rock en Seine, Paris, France

On 10/22/2018 at 4:04 PM, crazyfool1 said:

and the presenter Martin is often at Glastonbury I believe :)

Bumped into him twice. One quite shouty on the phone, the other falling out of his massive rv like he'd been having fun.

On 10/20/2018 at 1:15 PM, the wonderwhy said:

Listen to Wish. 

Anyway, when can we start doing lists? 

Ooooooooh blimey. After my comment about not having listened to anything post Disintegration. I am a complete arse as bought Wish on vinyl. Have no recollection of buying it or listening to it. What the hell frame of mind was I in? Only reason I'm replying (so late) is that my daughter was thumbing through my records this week and happened to pull Wish out..... 

• June 8th: Malahide Castle, Dublin, Ireland
  • July 11th: NOS Alive, Lisbon, Portugal 
  • August 23th: Rock en Seine, Paris, France

Almost definitely going to be at Mad Cool that same weekend, I'd imagine. 

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

+ Roskilde, 6th July.

Still no confirmed back-to-back dates.

I think whatever Spanish festival they play will be the best indicator for them doing consecutive days. If they leave a day in between NOS Alive and something like Mad Cool or Bilbao BBK then there's no chance they're playing Rock Werchter and Glastonbury on consecutive days. 

• June 8th: Malahide Castle, Dublin, Ireland
  • July 6th: Roskilde, Denmark
  • July 12th or 13th: Mad Cool, Madrid, Spain 
  • July 22th: Rock the City, Bucharest, Romania
  • August 7th: Øya, Norway
  • August 23th: Rock en Seine, Paris, France

So now we have this, nearing 20 European festival dates. The Bucharest show completely passed me, but no big surprise. At least Glastonbury and probably a Dutch date missing. Maybe Finland or Sweden, Switzerland and something like Croatia. Poland also still not in there, guess a stand-alone Warsaw show?

Probably going to Best Kept Secret again, so hoping to catch them there. Plus hopefully Bon Iver and/or Vampire Weekend and then I am definitely in. Won't have to worry about clashes for those acts the rest of the season. 

Maybe a bit more hyped about The Cure than expected, but they were sort of the first big name to come in the mix for 2019, and it's still a bit quiet. (Or at least not sensational.) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • June 8th: Malahide Castle, Dublin, Ireland
  • June 21-23rd: Hurricane/Southside, Germany
  • July 6th: Roskilde, Denmark
  • July 13th: Mad Cool, Madrid, Spain 
  • July 18th-20th: Colours of Ostrava, Czech Republic
  • July 22nd: Rock the City, Bucharest, Romania
  • August 7th: Øya, Norway
  • August 23th: Rock en Seine, Paris, France

With the Mad Cool announcement tonight, it's now confirmed they're not even doing back to back shows over consecutive shows in Portugal and Spain.

Also they seem to be carrying Mogwai around with them (as well as The Twilight Sad, of course) at some of these festivals. Early evening on the Other Stage this time?