Benicassim (FIB) 2019

The Toad.

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Seems most likely to me. Why would they only want to advertise the announcement to people who voted for the specific act(s) being announced?

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Seems most likely to me. Why would they only want to advertise the announcement to people who voted for the specific act(s) being announced?

But then again I just saw on twitter that it literally says “one of the artists you voted for will be at FIB2019 in the email”

Something doesn’t quite add up here.

If you look at the touring schedule of The Cure, it wouldn't make much sense for them to be in Spain during the Beni weekend. They do NOS Alive the week before, are in Greece on the 17th and a few days later in Czech Republic. It seems they aren't too keen on consecutive days in different countries (and likely back and forth travelling). 

1 hour ago, StupidDream said:

If you look at the touring schedule of The Cure, it wouldn't make much sense for them to be in Spain during the Beni weekend. They do NOS Alive the week before, are in Greece on the 17th and a few days later in Czech Republic. It seems they aren't too keen on consecutive days in different countries (and likely back and forth travelling). 

Yeah and Mad Cool is on NOS weekend, which is where they're obviously gonna be.

The Pond burbles with rumours of fresh blood once again.... crrrrrroak!

pack your sweat proof make up boys because the Cure are coming to town!!!

followed by Lana Del Rey 75%

1975 - 19.75%

Tool secret set at Sam's Steak House 100000000%%%%

live n' let croak. 

4 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

I know that 70% Beni attenders are from UK, but do you really think The 1975 could headline Spanish festival? Hope for sub or late night slot like Biffy in 2017.
(tbh hope there will be no The 1975 at all, but let's be realistic) 

This crossed my mind as well, surely they wouldn’t headline?

Saw another few folk on twitter mention that they picked LDR in the poll and received an email, she’s looking like a stick on now. Grim.

She'll be one of 4 headliners, and I don't think as weak of some of them have been over the past few years.  Actually think it's a decent first announcement, earlier than in prior years, and with a good bit of excitement in the build up with the emails they sent, so all in all a step up for the organisers so far...

18TH – 21ST JULY 2019

FIRST ACTS ANNOUNCED FOR FIB BENICÀSSIM 2019

LANA DEL REY

THE 1975, BLOSSOMS,
LA M.O.D.A., CUPIDO, CARIÑO

MANY MORE TO COME!

We’re thrilled to announce the first massive headliner as Lana Del Rey, to be joined by British favourites The 1975, Blossoms, plus La M.O.D.A., CUPIDO, and Cariño, for FIB Benicàssim taking place on July 18 – 21 in Benicàssim, Spain. Early Bird tickets are on sale now from Fiberfib.com.

Known for her emotional pop songs and being an icon for the heartbroken, the Grammy nominated Lana Del Rey is a much welcome headliner for FIB Benicàssim. Born Elizabeth Woolridge Grant, the New York singer songwriter has four out of five chart topping albums behind her, with the sixth Norman Fucking Rockwell to come in Spring next year just in time for her Benicàssim debut. Her array of hits including ‘Young and Beautiful’, ‘Blue Jeans’, ‘Love’, and latest single ‘Venice Bitch’, the ‘Summertime Sadness’ will hit once she leaves the stage.

The 1975 are taking over the world with their infectious songs, and it’s a delight to welcome them back to the Valencian shoreline. Reaching No.1 with both studio albums including the highly publicised I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful yet So Unaware of It, more success is sure to come from A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships which will be released later this month. With a production that gains them superstar status alone, this is one performance not to be missed.

One of the best indie bands in recent times, Blossoms will touch down at Benicàssim bringing with them a selection of singalong classics including ‘There’s A Reason Why (I Never Returned Your Calls)’, ‘Charlemagne’, and ‘Honey Sweet’. The Stockport five piece found fame via the prestigious BBC Sound Of and have gone on to gain a Mercury Prize nomination, as well as a Global tour.

Joining a trio of powerful artists are La Maravillosa Orquesta Del Alcohol (La M.O.D.A.) who will present a dazzling style influenced by folk, country, punk, and rock’n’roll, Spanish bedroom pop CUPIDO, and lively punk pop fun from Cariño.

I actually think it’s not a bad announcement. Blossoms will get the indeh students over in their waves, and I’m surprised they haven’t put 1975 as a headliner considering who they have put in the past.

Lana is headlining a massive outdoor show in Dublin and will (most likely) sub at Glastonbury, probably The Cure - so not surprised at all she would be touted as a cheaper headliner... they have an ace card to play yet in terms of headliner.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

I actually think it’s not a bad announcement. Blossoms will get the indeh students over in their waves, and I’m surprised they haven’t put 1975 as a headliner considering who they have put in the past.

Lana is headlining a massive outdoor show in Dublin and will (most likely) sub at Glastonbury, probably The Cure - so not surprised at all she would be touted as a cheaper headliner... they have an ace card to play yet in terms of headliner.

Have to agree. Yeh its a pretty poor announcement for me personally, but if the 1975 aren't being billed as a headliner then its gives us a bit of hope for whats to come.