NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

I went to see Foals last night in Dundee. I’ve seen a lot on here suggesting they’re headline material. I wasn’t convinced until last night. Brilliant gig, great songs and could headline a mainstream festival with ease.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I went to see Foals last night in Dundee. I’ve seen a lot on here suggesting they’re headline material. I wasn’t convinced until last night. Brilliant gig, great songs and could headline a mainstream festival with ease.

It is unfortunate that they didn't get to be confirmed here, understandably, but oh well. Through a pair of headphones one might really doubt their worth but when it comes to a live stage... totally different conversation

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Red Day said:

They headlined Bilbao BBK when I went a few years back, so they seem to be about the right size for Nos (who shares a lot of acts obvs).

• Upvote 1

Main stage :
2018 : 17 bands
2019 : 15 bands (Currently)

Secondary Stage:
2018 : 23 bands
2019 : 18 bands (Currently)

Date when times were posted:
Nos Alive 2017 ----- 06.07.2017
Nos Alive 2018 ----- 11.07.2018

Very strange this whole delay!

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

14 hours ago, young_contra said:

why him?

my hopes are very low but I'd like tyler

Cause Lovebox is rap, but yes Tyler The Creator too, I'd be surprised if it's a huge rap/rnb name like Jay-Z, Kanye, Beyoncé or Eminem... But if they want to sell out they need big things... Travis Scott was the first rap name who came in my mind but yes Tyler is definitely possible if his calendar allows it

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Main stage :

Secondary Stage:

Shame re the stage times - was hoping to know the lie of the land before I got to Glasto (end of June)!

4 hours ago, Homer said:

They headlined Bilbao BBK when I went a few years back, so they seem to be about the right size for Nos (who shares a lot of acts obvs).

I was genuinely surprised just how good they were.  Truly excellent gig

12 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Main stage :

Secondary Stage:

The last day of 2018 was superb, the Nos Stage was better than this year´s all 3 days combined, Sagres Stage also was superb last year, much better than this year, funny how this edition´s tickets still cost 150 euros but the quality and the quantity dropped a lot this year, maybe with all the album releases this year 2020 can be better.

11 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Cause Lovebox is rap, but yes Tyler The Creator too, I'd be surprised if it's a huge rap/rnb name like Jay-Z, Kanye, Beyoncé or Eminem... But if they want to sell out they need big things... Travis Scott was the first rap name who came in my mind but yes Tyler is definitely possible if his calendar allows it

With this new album (Igor) he can play more mainstream and alternative festivals like Nos Alive, would love to see him but idk, he already played here in Portugal last year and he must be very expensive to book.

Primal Scream are coming up on 6Music - this seems to bode well for a hits set at NOS:

"Primal Scream take over the BBC's Maida Vale studios for a very special live session. The band will be playing tracks from their new 'Singles' album, so we're expecting bangers. Over the past thirty years (no really) the band have rioted between rock and rave, creating some of the most memorable tracks of a generation."

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'll happily accept Cypress Hill...

Mee too (even if they are free only on 13 and that day Prophets Of Rage will play Mad Cool). 

The sad emoticon was referred to the fact they announced only stage splits and no new (big) surprises. 

4 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Mee too (even if they are free only on 13 and that day Prophets Of Rage will play Mad Cool). 

The sad emoticon was referred to the fact they announced only stage splits and no new (big) surprises. 

Didn't think that a festival would have to tease stage splits announcements  but oh well, at least they are vocal