NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

12 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Are Vampire Weekend seriously the headliner?. I’m very surprised if that’s the case

Yeah its not the best, but with Primal Scream playing that day that's my true headliner, Swastika Eyes in the Lisbon sun will be special.

Benicassim will be closing the full lineup tomoroow so maybe we can get another name alongside with their announcement.

At this point I think it won´t make sense to announce big names, it won´t change the ticket sales unless it´s a big band like Tame Impala but I think that even they won´t sell out day tickets,  so maybe Marina and Marr are the last big names, I´m expecting the next names to be portuguese or some eletronic and pop stuff. 

And yeah I love VW but it´s a big downgrade to go from Arctic/NIN Pearl Jam/Jack White to VW and Bon Iver/TSP to headline, hard year it is and these rock/indie oriented festivals are struggling this year.

Edited by festivalguy97

52 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Benicassim will be closing the full lineup tomoroow so maybe we can get another name alongside with their announcement.

Considering how Beni is going about the lineup this year I'd be terrified of that prospect. 

36 minutes ago, Homer said:

The stupid thing is, surely the original Smashing Pumpkins and the Chemical Brothers are a bigger deal than VW - and they're both only supporting the day after!

Can't remember the last time I saw a lineup with the days as unbalanced as this. It gave me hope and expectation of another big name on Friday. 

Both are long gone though. 

The two acts I’m most looking forward to on the Saturday are Idles and Bon Iver, but for my girlfriend it’s Chemical Brothers and Marina so I’m now expecting an awful clash between all of them :lol:

Looking at @festivalguy97‘s post above, the lineup is actually really good on Thursday and Saturday, I keep forgetting about the likes of Tourist and George Fitzgerald. It’s just a shame the Friday is still quite weak.

Edited by kingcrawler
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

So Mad Cool posted this now on Facebook, is this their final lineup? Still for the price it is (not very different from Nos Alive) their lineup is a lot more balanced and better, and the undercard is very good, music for all audiences and tastes and + that opening day with some good acts. 

60339300_2218987264858787_2783439455518720000_n.jpg

It does say and more at the bottom. I think they've only posted that because Miles Kane has changed from Saturday to Friday for 'logistical reasons'. I reckon he will pop up at Nos now. Similar to Primal Scream changing their date at Doctor Music. Still, I don't think there's many acts to announce for Mad Cool. Maybe 1 or 2 international acts and then the rest small Spanish.

Not many acts to go but I'd hazard a guess Nos will get Cat Power, Slow Readers Club and Parquet Courts from that Mad Cool line up appearing on Sagres. The last 2 acts (Johnny Marr and Marina) appeared on Mad Cools latest line up along with those 3. A few small Portuguese and competition winners filling the rest of the line up up. Maybe another headliner act who's yet to appear on the Thursday at Mad Cool

Edited by stylishkids