Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

1 minute ago, kaosmark2 said:

I'm fantastic, how about you? 

Good, thanks pal. Nice to see the win has got you all dizzy. I don't need to 'stop trying so hard' to do anything. The tweet is in relation to a scene from the Fyre Festival documentary. Just a joke. Nothing to do with Chelsea but thanks for the concern.

City making life difficult for themselves again. No excuses for last night, it was an abject performance and I did not see that coming. Was the strongest first 11 we have as well.

Fair play to Newcastle, their tactics worked perfectly last night.

Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea up next as well

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

City making life difficult for themselves again. No excuses for last night, it was an abject performance and I did not see that coming. Was the strongest first 11 we have as well.

Not watched a huge amount of City this season, but they don't look anywhere near as good attacking-wise as they did earlier in the season, and seem to be having a hard time keeping clean sheets. Dyou reckon it's them playing worse or other teams figuring out how to get results against them?

I'd still back them to win all those games.

28 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You'll blitz those 3 tho Easty.

4 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Not watched a huge amount of City this season, but they don't look anywhere near as good attacking-wise as they did earlier in the season, and seem to be having a hard time keeping clean sheets. Dyou reckon it's them playing worse or other teams figuring out how to get results against them?

I'd still back them to win all those games.

We have just scored 30 goals mate in 25 days and not conceded in 10 hours. Also beat Liverpool in that run. We were in fine form. 

Can't have any excuses at all for last night. Rafa sets his teams out exactly the same, in every game Newcastle play against us. They just camp out on the edge of their box, try and stick in the game and condense the match into a 10 minute free for all at the end. Fair play to Newcastle last night. They defended fantasticly well, we just could not break them down. Newcastle hung in there and took their chances.

The worry I have is that Newcastle, Palace and Leicester have all come back from a goal down to beat us. We should have been out of sight in all 3 games. Same against United at home.

I think if City are on their game and clinical, then they beat every team. There is only the Chelsea away and Lyon away match where City have not been the better team in any match this season.

Yet teams know if they get a bit of luck, can just hang in there, then opportunities will pop up against City. It comes down to whether they have enough quality to put it away.

As I said, no excuses for last night, that was a full strength team.

Should the team prioritise now? The league is looking unlikely. Can't see Liverpool dropping too many points this season. City are still in 3 cup competitions. 

2 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

You'll blitz those 3 tho Easty.

Can't take anything for granted mate. Newcastle were 16/1 last night. 

Arsenal I would agree with, we should be beating them with all their injuries. Chelsea can beat any team in this league on their day and Everton have been known to fuck us over quite concincingly, from time to time. 

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Can't take anything for granted mate. Newcastle were 16/1 last night. 

Arsenal I would agree with, we should be beating them with all their injuries. Chelsea can beat any team in this league on their day and Everton have been known to fuck us over quite concincingly, from time to time. 

Everton are shite.

Everton were dogshit last night but luckily Huddersfield seem to be the same quality as Millwall without the set piece threat.

Looked to maybe onto something earlier in the season. Really not sure if the downturn coincides with Gueyes head being turned by PSG but I wouldn’t expect half the performance against Liverpool or City that was put in before Christmas.

I’m trying to work out how we are 8th and highest scorers outside the top 6 with nothing up front.

Edited by lost

53 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Below the top six everyone is much of a muchness. 

Yep

As i said a few months ago Liverpool have won the league because they've only got Chelsea and Spurs left both at home. The league is shite. Depending on how work permits work after brexit it could of peaked a few years ago and the decline may now accelerate.

Usmanov looking at AC Milan apparently over another premiership club now.

Edited by lost

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Shite.

Bournemouth beg to differ. 

Wolves to West Ham (7th - 12th) all have an ability to take unexpected points on any given day - today being a prime example. They do also all have the ability to not show up in the slightest. 

The job Eddie Howe has done at Bournemouth is unbelievable - I realise it isn't a subject that is missed by most people, but it truly is a remarkable thing. 

Edited by mjsell

13 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Bournemouth beg to differ. 

Wolves to West Ham (7th - 12th) all have an ability to take unexpected points on any given day - today being a prime example. They do also all have the ability to not show up in the slightest. 

The job Eddie Howe has done at Bournemouth is unbelievable - I realise it isn't a subject that is missed by most people, but it truly is a remarkable thing. 

He has done a good job, but people forget how much they have spent. They are top 6 net spend since 2015.

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Where are you seeing that?

https://www.football365.com/news/europes-biggest-net-spends-since-2015-bournemouth-leapfrog-liverpool

Admittedly doesn't tell the whole story as the likes of spurs and Liverpool clearly have far higher wage bills despite lower net spend. However Bournemouth are not plucky underdogs.

Edited by pink_triangle