Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

Really interested in how Tielemans does. Remember him playing against Arsenal for Andelerlecht a few times several years ago in CL when he was 16 or 17 and being really impressed by him. He must be one of the most experienced 21 year old's around - although I assume he hasn't made much of an impact for Monaco? 

Really frustrated by last nights result. I should be optimistic and say we've opened the gap to City by another point but having a 7 point gap would have been so much better. It allows us to lose 2 games and still be top. It being only 5 makes me extremely nervous and weirdly I think us drawing last night will give City a bit of a boost knowing they messed up but are still in touching distance. Fancy them to win every game from now until the end of the season.

Batshuayi on loan to Palace could be the transfer of the window. I thought he did okay at Chelsea in very limited game time. Obvious Valencia didn't work out but he scored regularly in his short stint in Germany. Obviously it could be a complete dud but I have a feeling he'll net a few with Zaha and Townsend's service.

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Batshuayi on loan to Palace could be the transfer of the window. I thought he did okay at Chelsea in very limited game time. Obvious Valencia didn't work out but he scored regularly in his short stint in Germany. Obviously it could be a complete dud but I have a feeling he'll net a few with Zaha and Townsend's service.

I think the opposite - he’ll be a lazy, good for nothing snake, that’ll upset team morale and score very few goals. 

Happy to be proven wrong 

16 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

When this is going on under our noses why arent the FA/"Prem League" under daily intense pressure? Are people worn out in Newcastle?

People would rather shout and complain while still funding the twats they moan about than actually change their own behaviour to get something done. 

2 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

People would rather shout and complain while still funding the twats they moan about than actually change their own behaviour to get something done. 

Rest of the country quite happy to sit back and watch you languish. Similar happened to LFC. The fans need to coalesce around something. I think the Spirit of Shankly model of fan representation could be replicated. Youve a warrior in the dugout who has seen this before and is an ally up for the fight.

3 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Rest of the country quite happy to sit back and watch you languish. Similar happened to LFC. The fans need to coalesce around something. I think the Spirit of Shankly model of fan representation could be replicated. Youve a warrior in the dugout who has seen this before and is an ally up for the fight.

Yup. Though the rest of the country does the same thing as well. 

I don't live in Newcastle any more so can't really comment on the city itself. From my armchair I can't see anything happening to solve it though. 

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

By the way Newcastle fans, Jacob Murphy - Any good?

Inconsistent. Has pace, deliveries are a bit all over the place. Generally happy to track back and make the effort to do defensive work but he's pretty shit at it. Good first touch and dribbling. Positioning is improving but needs more work. 

Lacks that star quality you want in a winger. He's just a fraction predictable. 

There's some quality in there. I think he'll do pretty well for you in the championship. I'm still unsure whether we'll get a prem quality winger out of him ever. 

51 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

By the way Newcastle fans, Jacob Murphy - Any good?

I always thought of him more of an impact sub & to be honest he never really delivered in that sense.

Going back to MA and his ways, it's nice to see some of the media finally starting to question it all. It's only taken a decade! 

Can't rely on SKY though, they seem to be in his pocket.