Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

by position they were 5 players away from any one of their normal preferred first 11 picks (you might count Milner as one of that first 11, but not when he's playing right back). 

And the only one on the bench who might normally get a game was Shaq.

West Ham were very decent, but you're kidding yourself if you think you were playing a 'normal' Liverpool team.

Zabaleta, Reid, Balbuena, Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Nasri, Arnoutovic. 

You’re kidding yourself if you think you were playing a ‘normal’ West Ham United team. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11628814/eden-hazard-claims-to-have-made-decision-on-future?

If Hazard ends up at Madrid, CFC are gonna have to invest heavily in several areas of the squad because Hazard has been carrying Chelsea for some time. I know Pulisic is coming but I'd like to see Nicolas Pepe too. The lad is tearing up Ligue 1 and has gone on record saying he'd move to Chelsea. Hirving Lozano is another winger I would look at. With Willian and Pedro both the wrong side of 30 plus uncertainty over CHO, we're going to need additions to the forward line.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

by position they were 5 players away from any one of their normal preferred first 11 picks (you might count Milner as one of that first 11, but not when he's playing right back). 

And the only one on the bench who might normally get a game was Shaq.

West Ham were very decent, but you're kidding yourself if you think you were playing a 'normal' Liverpool team.

Injures are no excuse. City had Aguero, De Bruyne , Fernandinho, Silva and Mendy out for weeks at exactly the same time.

Thats Citys 4 best players. None of Liverpools top players have been injured. 

14 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Injures are no excuse.

Well they are, clearly. You might as well be saying that being shit is no excuse for being shit.

City had Aguero, De Bruyne , Fernandinho, Silva and Mendy out for weeks at exactly the same time.

yup, and that's when City faltered and stopped being that shoe-in for the title.

As I said at the turn of the year, who wins it would be down to injuries. It's rolling City's way at the mo.

None of Liverpools top players have been injured. 

they've been less about 'top players' and more about a unit this season - and last night they'd lost their engine room.  It was enough for them to perform at a lower level than we all know they can.

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

Not totally sure what that means, but Rice missed a sitter. Good defensively, and worked hard, but then he wasn’t playing against much. 

The header to one side he played well. Best player on the pitch to my mind.

We’ve been shite recently. Thought your bunch did ok considering injuries. 

18 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Injures are no excuse. City had Aguero, De Bruyne , Fernandinho, Silva and Mendy out for weeks at exactly the same time.

Thats Citys 4 best players. None of Liverpools top players have been injured. 

City’s squad is the best in world footie. 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Well they are, clearly. You might as well be saying that being shit is no excuse for being shit.

yup, and that's when City faltered and stopped being that shoe-in for the title.

As I said at the turn of the year, who wins it would be down to injuries. It's rolling City's way at the mo.

they've been less about 'top players' and more about a unit this season - and last night they'd lost their engine room.  It was enough for them to perform at a lower level than we all know they can.

Getting rid of clyne last month was a mistake imo. He's not a world beater but is someone I think they needed at RB given their injuries their

36 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Liverpools season has been less about top players and more about bent officials and lucky breaks.

Just now, eastynh said:

Liverpools season has been less about top players and more about bent officials and lucky breaks.

yeah, course it has. You'd think with that never-ending luck and all those bent officials they'd be winning the title every season and not had a blank for decades. 

They're clearly a very good team, tho right now not so much.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, course it has. You'd think with that never-ending luck and all those bent officials they'd be winning the title every season and not had a blank for decades. 

They're clearly a very good team, tho right now not so much.

No one has said they are not a good team. They have been exceptionally lucky this season though. Eventualy that luck is going to run out though, slthough the linesmen tried their best to keep it going last night.

We are not even out of Feb yet but all you hear from Liverpool is excuses. The wind, the snow, the rain, the grass is too long, the ref gave every 50/50 to West Ham to make up for us getting an offside goal, the injuries and so on and on and on.

Edited by eastynh

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

We are not even out of Feb yet but all you hear from Liverpool is excuses

:rolleyes:

So when someone recognises the fact that Liverpool aren't playing as well as they have been, because good-factual-reasons that's an excuse? :lol: 

Either they'll win it or they won't. If they win it, they'll have had as much luck help them along as happens with other winners.

Just now, eFestivals said:

:rolleyes:

So when someone recognises the fact that Liverpool aren't playing as well as they have been, because good-factual-reasons that's an excuse? :lol: 

Either they'll win it or they won't. If they win it, they'll have had as much luck help them along as happens with other winners.

Whats factusl about saying City grew the grasslong to stop Liverpool playing their free flowing game? Thats the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard in my life. City play a far more expansive game than Liverpool. As for the shit about the ref last night, Klopp is doing a Keegan and losing the plot.

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Whats factusl about saying City grew the grasslong to stop Liverpool playing their free flowing game? Thats the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard in my life. City play a far more expansive game than Liverpool. As for the shit about the ref last night, Klopp is doing a Keegan and losing the plot.

who knew some fans and some managers talk twaddle? 

It's almost like when one of them talks about luck and bent refs. :P