Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

33 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Anderson and Rice would be starters for LFC. I'd convert Rice to a centre half immediately.

Anderson is too inconsistent for a top side. 

Rice doesn’t need converting. He’s a centre half that just happens to be playing in midfield currently.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

because no one was sucking City's cock for 18 months until December, eh? That never happened. :lol: 

City broke all records and played absolutely scintilating football in the process. Any praise was richly deserved seeing as they actually achieved something.

13 minutes ago, eastynh said:

City broke all records and played absolutely scintilating football in the process. Any praise was richly deserved seeing as they actually achieved something.

and by implication, Liverpool's praise wasn't deserved? :lol: 

Soz, but some of us like watching great football rather than believing the spendings of a despot is somehow a win for 'me'. 

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and by implication, Liverpool's praise wasn't deserved? :lol: 

Soz, but some of us like watching great football rather than believing the spendings of a despot is somehow a win for 'me'. 

Liverpool, great football???

Also I said the fawning in the media was nauseating and well over the top considering they have achieved the square route of fuck all. I did not say they did not deserve praise. 

Ah so you are showing your true colours now. Have Liverpool never been bank rolled by a rich owner? 

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Liverpool, great football???

oh sorry, it looked like Bolton, and no one beat the Prem's season-scoring record.

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Ah so you are showing your true colours now. Have Liverpool never been bank rolled by a rich owner? 

I'm giving you something back of your level. Enjoy. :) 

PS: both clubs have enjoyed(!) rich and not-so-rich-after-all owners. City have a unique line in despots.

Edited by eFestivals

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

oh sorry, it looked like Bolton, and no one beat the Prem's season-scoring record.

I'm giving you something back of your level. Enjoy. :) 

PS: both clubs have enjoyed(!) rich and not-so-rich-after-all owners. City have a unique line in despots.

None of that has anytbing to do with the absolutely nauseating media coverage of Liverpool and the nonesense coming out of their fans mouth, considering they have achieved nothing. Trophies are handed in May, apart from the one in February which Liverpool have no chance of winning.

Now Liverpool still have a good chance of winning the league. Its not over yet. 

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

:) 

Is that all you have got? Now bent officials will never be proven but the amount of fortunate decisions they have got from officials this season is astounding. As for luck. Mahrez missed a pen against them, we had 2 other nailed on pens not given in that game as well.  They also have a knack of goalkeepers chucking the ball in their own net.

Without pure luck and wrong decisions, Liverpool would be nowhere near City this season.

Edited by eastynh

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Liverpool have had the benefit of 9 offside goals this season, would be interesting where they would be if VAR was utilised this season. 

they'd also have 'lost' at least one good goal because of VAR (can't remember the game, a fast break after an offside 'goal' against them).

They've also had wrong offside calls too, when they were on-side. Including the other night.

But anyway, I'm not sat here counting, I've been enjoying the great - yes, great - football they've been playing (tho not so much this season). 

Something easty won't swallow even tho it's true: Liverpool are FAR better watch than City on average.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and without a despot City would probably be languishing in the lower leagues as usual.

Thats true. We were on the verge of going bump and he rescued us from oblivion. 

Neil you keep on going on about money and despots. I really do not care about it. I grew up on a council estate in inner city Manchester, well below the uk poverty line. Why would I care about what goes on in Abu Dhabi when I had enough shit on my plate in my own country. I find it quite ironic how people keep going on about issues in Abu Dhabi. The faux moral outrage is laughable considering the homeless in this country, people using foodbanks and kids living below the poverty line. Once we dort the issues out in this country then I may give a toss about what goes on in Abu Dhabi. That despot you keep refering to has done more for the people of Manchester than any Tory government has done. In fact the IRA have been of more benefit to Manchester than any Tory government.

Now I will debate football and fans with you till the cows come home, but this is the last thing I am going to say in regards to Citys owners and money as I really dont give a toss.

Just now, eFestivals said:

I wish you would, instead of posting bollocks. :) 

Difference of opinion Neil. I am quite happy for you to say mines bollocks and you are perfectly entitled to your view. Lets leave all the stuff out about the spending and stuff though as it just reeks of petty jealousy and histrionics.

Now I need to get a bath and drive to Goodison. M62 is a nightmare in the evening. It will be interesting to see the Everton players attitude tonight as their fans want a City win. Thats not something I am comfortable with. I want City to win every game they play. If it benefits United then so be it. I support City to see them win.