Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

Injures are no excuse. City had Aguero, De Bruyne , Fernandinho, Silva and Mendy out for weeks at exactly the same time.

Thats Citys 4 best players. None of Liverpools top players have been injured. 

I would argue that City have spent more money which means they can cover injuries easier than Liverpool. It's squad depth which is why I think City will end up winning the title.

38 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I would argue that City have spent more money which means they can cover injuries easier than Liverpool. It's squad depth which is why I think City will end up winning the title.

Liverpool did spend £50m on the player that's been slated by all their fans above. 

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Well they are, clearly.

No they’re not. They may be a reason for not performing to the same heights and in the same manner but they’re no excuse for failure. The top teams don’t do that. They still find a way to win. By a single goal instead of five, winning ugly, whatever. 

Aguero being injured or the wrong type of snow simply aren’t valid.

Someone(s?) on here a few weeks back were stating this Liverpool team were a great team. Good team, for sure. Title winners, possibly. Great team my arse. 

Edited by TheGayTent

3 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

If City do win the title it’ll have as much to do with experience as anything else I’d guess. 

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Easty you seem very angry. Your team will more than likely coast to the title. Chill.

Come on mate I am not angry. I can be accused of being many things but angry is not one of them. The constant sucking off of Liverpool in the media gets a little nauseating after a while though.

Its all banter mate and good craic. 

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Come on mate I am not angry. I can be accused of being many things but angry is not one of them. The constant sucking off of Liverpool in the media gets a little nauseating after a while though.

Dude you’ve lost the cool on ‘ere a couple times. Can imagine the exLFC media types get on your nerves. Bar Jamie Carragher they’re arseholes. Owen, Redknapp, Murphy. 3 twetts.

13 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

He is a Newcastle fan, he has only just found what 20 million gets you!

Well we haven't even found out yet! The descriptions I'm seeing from pundits who supposedly know what they're talking about in terms of South American players and the MLS are positive, but you never really know.

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Dude you’ve lost the cool on ‘ere a couple times. Can imagine the exLFC media types get on your nerves. Bar Jamie Carragher they’re arseholes. Owen, Redknapp, Murphy. 3 twetts.

That would mean me being cool in the first place. Thats another thing I can not be accused of. Don't take me seriously mate unless you are dissing New Order or Depeche Mode.

its just debate about football. Yes I can be a little passionate. But there is never anything offensive nor personal. Plus I am not always right, i know that.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Well we haven't even found out yet! The descriptions I'm seeing from pundits who supposedly know what they're talking about in terms of South American players and the MLS are positive, but you never really know.

I have just had visions of 20 years in the future. Every high street shop is called Ashley's and Newcastle have made their first 30 million signing!

9 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

No they’re not. They may be a reason for not performing to the same heights and in the same manner but they’re no excuse for failure. The top teams don’t do that. They still find a way to win. By a single goal instead of five, winning ugly, whatever. 

in which case WHU are persistent-only-failures.

In fact, that's 19 teams every season.

Aguero being injured or the wrong type of snow simply aren’t valid.

and WHU being shite is. Always and forever.

Someone(s?) on here a few weeks back were stating this Liverpool team were a great team. Good team, for sure. Title winners, possibly. Great team my arse. 

People aren't talking about WHU. I wonder why? 

9 hours ago, eastynh said:

because no one was sucking City's cock for 18 months until December, eh? That never happened. :lol: 

Edited by eFestivals

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

just following your line. :)

No. You’ve had a Klopp style mini breakdown and completely missed ‘my line’. Or maybe you haven’t...

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Seems like you disagree with the same applied to your own club. Any reason? :P 

West Ham are persistent failures and shite? 

Absofuckinglutely !

Yet Liverpool couldn’t beat them due to having a few injuries? Winkyrollyeyethingy

53 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

No. You’ve had a Klopp style mini breakdown and completely missed ‘my line’. Or maybe you haven’t...

West Ham are persistent failures and shite? 

Absofuckinglutely !

Yet Liverpool couldn’t beat them due to having a few injuries? Winkyrollyeyethingy

West ham have beaten several top 6 teams at home this season. They are inconsistent but far from rubbish!