Lineup 2020

randlfan

23 hours ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Depends how bad it gets, and how long the lack of action continues. I think it's quite naive to say it's just the flu when there's no vaccination to prevent it and the mortality rate is quite significantly higher from the data we have so far. 

Personally I expect it to go ahead as planned but if the virus is still around towards the end of the summer it will probably mean it's serious and I can't R&L happening. 

the government has said the height of the epidemic in this country is expected to be 2 months away which takes us into may . will probably be a few weeks after till its close to being under control . Id assume large events in may are reasonably likely to be affected and maybe those in june too . Hopefully by july things are getting back to normal . Can see big acts who are not desperate for the cash just shelving there plans for this summer though . Fairly sure reading will go ahead and may even benefit from ticket sales if lots of other early festivals are cancelled .

• Upvote 1

Harry certainly wont be at Reading this year but would love to see him there in the future. Most of his solo stuff is a far cry from his 1D (albeit Falling is a bit of a Lewis Capaldi copycat) and he really seems to have matured musically. You only need to listen to songs such as She, Adore you and Sunflower from his new record to see how his diversity has increased for the record. Saw him at the Electric Ballroom and it felt far more like watching a 'rockstar' than a post boy-band solo act. Off to see him at the O2 again in April and am very excited for that. 

38 minutes ago, theesundayroast said:

Harry certainly wont be at Reading this year but would love to see him there in the future. Most of his solo stuff is a far cry from his 1D (albeit Falling is a bit of a Lewis Capaldi copycat) and he really seems to have matured musically. You only need to listen to songs such as She, Adore you and Sunflower from his new record to see how his diversity has increased for the record. Saw him at the Electric Ballroom and it felt far more like watching a 'rockstar' than a post boy-band solo act. Off to see him at the O2 again in April and am very excited for that. 

Yeah i agree think he would go down very well at Reading and I’d definitely go and see him if he was booked

Really enjoyed his first solo album too, definitely outgrown 1D

19 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Glasto have the Happy Monday’s, Jesus and the Mary Chain, Pet Shop Boys, Supergrass and Manic Street Preachers that’s what we should be talking about 

They can keep all of that shit. I’ll stick with 100gecs and Headie One et al. 

40 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Glasto have the Happy Monday’s, Jesus and the Mary Chain, Pet Shop Boys, Supergrass and Manic Street Preachers that’s what we should be talking about 

R&L isn’t the festival for you anymore if that’s who you wanna be talking about tbf

8 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

No, no, no, no and no lol

Edited by TornShaun

9 hours ago, TheWaters said:

R&L isn’t the festival for you anymore if that’s who you wanna be talking about tbf

It’s not my preferred music, it’s just bands and artists I grew up listening too coz of my Dad and I didn’t even think any still played

12 minutes ago, TheAuxCord said:

Live At Leeds have announced their R&L stage with DMA’s, Pale Waves, The Magic Gang and The Night Café all on there. Does that mean we can expect to see them in the final line up? 

Not necessarily. Last year Drenge, Sam Fender and Marsicans were on it but didn’t play the fest, only Sherlocks and Sundara from the stage did. 

16 minutes ago, TheAuxCord said:

Live At Leeds have announced their R&L stage with DMA’s, Pale Waves, The Magic Gang and The Night Café all on there. Does that mean we can expect to see them in the final line up? 

Out of those I’d only expect the night cafe

11 hours ago, TornShaun said:

No, no, no, no and no lol

The Manics are long overdue a return to R&L. Don't know where they'd fit in these days though. By all rights they're pretty much a sub sized band (last two albums charted at number 2 and it's rare they release an album that doesn't chart outside the top 2) but whenever they play UK festivals they're given lowly slots that don't do them justice.

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

The Manics are long overdue a return to R&L. Don't know where they'd fit in these days though. By all rights they're pretty much a sub sized band (last two albums charted at number 2 and it's rare they release an album that doesn't chart outside the top 2) but whenever they play UK festivals they're given lowly slots that don't do them justice.

Nah not a sub. They're not an arena band anymore (I saw them in Newcastle and it was pretty empty). They're also not a very R&L band anymore (I think there would be a little bit of interest, but not enough to warrant offering them a big slot). If they'd take a third down or R1 slot or lower then maybe, but I think its more likely they won't be playing again.