Lineup 2020

randlfan

28 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Are we expecting an announcement this week? DL announcing tomorrow so maybe FR have all their announcements this week?

This comes up regularly on the DL forum. They're owned by the same company but management and booking and festival promotion is done by completely separate teams (to the point they'll go after the same bands if they're available.) 

Can definitely see All Time Low, they've not played it for five years but they usually come to the UK earlier in the year. Wouldn't surprise me if they played it and did a full tour here early next year.

The Used, maybe. I'm sure they were announced as a Slam Dunk exclusive but it may not apply once the festival is done, exclusivity seems a looser term these days.

14 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'm prepared to be shot down in flames on this but would the 'average' R&L attendee really have any interest in Slipknot?

Probably not. However even if they did they won't be playing.

Doing their own tour as we speak and their own UK festival (Knotfest) in summer.

Edited by madmaninabox

5 minutes ago, Oliver424 said:

Seems there is quite a difference in what the reading festival goers want and what the Leeds festival goers want or is it just me, is it getting increasing difficult for the festival organisers to cater to both festivals

I mean other than Courteeners and a few other manchester bands not really - as long as they choose imaginative bookings instead of garbage its not a problem - unfortunately courteeners are really cheap so we will continue to see them

3 hours ago, gfa said:

I mean other than Courteeners and a few other manchester bands not really - as long as they choose imaginative bookings instead of garbage its not a problem - unfortunately courteeners are really cheap so we will continue to see them

They could do worse then booking Garbage, ‘Only Happy When It Rains’ is a banger 😜

17 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Biffy Clyro, AJ Tracey, Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa and Harry Styles just been announced for Radio 1 Big Weekend in Dundee in May. 

Does that make Biffy and Dua Lipa more likely or less.

Idk if AJ Tracey would be back and we’ve already talked about Calvin 

55 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Biffy Clyro have got dates in Germany in August so are active throughout the summer. Bring Me The Clyro is probably happening one day here I think. 

A Bring Me The Clyro co-headline would be quality and feels very possible. I originally thought Biffy would headline alone with Travis and BMTH together, although it does seem noticeable that Biffy's stock has decreased while Travis goes from strength to strength. 

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

I know its unlikely as shit now because of Knotfest, BUT I saw Slipknot at the 02 Saturday and they are fucking class. They would absolutely ace it on the main stage. One can only hope lads.

L+R haven't had a metal main stage headliner since Metallica in '15 and '08, and that's basically it. It's just not the right place, as good as they are live.

10 minutes ago, Rhcp1 said:

Thoughts on the yearly 00s Pop punk/Alt Rockact that usually plays during the day on Main stage. Anything like Good Charlotte, Papa Roach, All American Rejects, Limp Bizkit, Taking Back Sunday, The Offspring. Any of them would be great! 

Sum 41 are making a few appearances at festivals this year, I'd say they're a solid bet. Lit are at Download, maybe them too.

• Upvote 1