Lineup 2020

randlfan

On 1/31/2020 at 10:21 PM, Dan Wilcox said:

Elsewhere, yes. 

Hence the fest is cancelled this year. 

Leeds? They only say reading is not cancelled this year in that tweet , no mention of Leeds festival , if the h/l situation is that bad maybe binning Leeds be a solution . I really don't think they have though .

21 minutes ago, biggest032 said:

Leeds? They only say reading is not cancelled this year in that tweet , no mention of Leeds festival , if the h/l situation is that bad maybe binning Leeds be a solution . I really don't think they have though .

They'd 100% bin Leeds before Reading, Reading is the original festival so why would they get rid of it

27 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Bold statement, not everybody is a fan of grime. That being said, I do like a few of his songs

No im not a fan of grime, in fact i hate it with a passion. But Dave is my only exception and idk why. I was gutted when he clashed with the 1975, but supposedly it was mental in that tent. Tiago Silva is just one of them songs as well, that will just turn the whole place into a giant mess

7 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

They'd 100% bin Leeds before Reading, Reading is the original festival so why would they get rid of it

They have been promoting LG as 'Reading & Leeds 2020' headliner and Leeds Fest has been selling day tickets for the day LG headlines (Sunday) too, they're not cancelling it - they just have a shit or unfinished lineup most likely 

I am beginning to worry that the plans they had have fallen through and it's about who they can get now...they know people are stressing yet still won't release a lineup. If they really wanted to get everyone to calm down and actually buy tickets, they would give us a little something more than we are getting currently. 

there could be a million reasons why they’ve not released the lineup, most likely legal reasons to do with contracts. As people have said, it was released in Feb two years ago and back when I first went in 08/09 it wasn’t released until March. Idiots on twitter speculating that’s it’s cancelled just because the lineup hasn’t been released 7 months out just need to calm down and have some patience 

7 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

there could be a million reasons why they’ve not released the lineup, most likely legal reasons to do with contracts. As people have said, it was released in Feb two years ago and back when I first went in 08/09 it wasn’t released until March. Idiots on twitter speculating that’s it’s cancelled just because the lineup hasn’t been released 7 months out just need to calm down and have some patience 

2009 - March

2010 - March

2011 - Marcg

2012 - March

2013 - November

2014 - December

2015 - November

2016 - December

2017 - December

2018 - February

2019 - November

I guess apart from 2018 (we know what happened then) the last 7 years people have got used to having the lineup already, hence all the speculation and moaning and worrying etc!

Edited by TornShaun

23 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

2009 - March

2010 - March

2011 - Marcg

2012 - March

2013 - November

2014 - December

2015 - November

2016 - December

2017 - December

2018 - February

2019 - November

I guess apart from 2018 (we know what happened then) the last 7 years people have got used to having the lineup already, hence all the speculation and moaning and worrying etc!

Yeah there was a shift when they started announcing the lineup piece-by-piece rather than in one go, and you’re right, people have got used to that. People moaning on that they ‘HAVE’ to release it now are clearly talking bollocks though! 

You just know that once it’s announced, they’ll be a load of people immediately moaning about the lineup being crap, and asking when the next announcement is! 

Edited by rfc_478

2 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Yeah there was a shift when they started announcing the lineup piece-by-piece rather than in one go, and you’re right, people have got used to that. 
You just know that once it’s announced, they’ll be a load of people immediately moaning about the lineup being crap, and asking when the next announcement is! 

Always lol 

Everyone moaning no lineup > Lineup announced > everyone moaning about it > Reading & Leeds > Rinse and repeat lol

23 minutes ago, R-K1D said:

The bigger the headliner the earlier you'd want to announce it surely??

Well yh I guess, unless the artist wants to wait to reveal their plans or there’s been a change of plans for R&L

But if it’s a big artist then anytime they release it it’ll prolly sell 

38 minutes ago, R-K1D said:

The bigger the headliner the earlier you'd want to announce it surely??

Not necessarily. If they’ve got someone big on an exclusive that people want to see it doesn’t really matter when they announce. 

Alternatively it could be a big act that’s on tour and they want to sell that first before they let RnL announce them. So they’re contractually obliged not to announce until a certain time 

5 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Not necessarily. If they’ve got someone big on an exclusive that people want to see it doesn’t really matter when they announce. 

Alternatively it could be a big act that’s on tour and they want to sell that first before they let RnL announce them. So they’re contractually obliged not to announce until a certain time 

Alternatively, Stormzy has a tour to sell out including dates/locations near to the festival and needs to shift those tickets first.

I think people completely over analyse having shows near them dates, I know a tonne of people - myself included - who would see Stormzy announce a show and not think twice about it. But if they announce him as a headliner to a festival I would think "oh shit that's a big booking" and go for a ticket. 

Maybe if he was performing in US or China the week before and after it would make sense that he isnt around. The fact he is literally a few doors down performing the weeks before and after makes a lot more sense.

21 hours ago, gimleydesigner said:

Scheduled tweet through the official account set for Monday 🤫 

Edit: Just to confirm this isn't the announcement though 

How do you know this interested as well?

3 hours ago, Lukeas said:

What are the likelihood of Brockhampton showing up at some point on the lineup?

Would be a great get. I want them at glasto to be honest - it seems like they are in Europe very early summer only right now and nothing else. Maybe they will head to america in june/july and then come back? Their set went off in 2018.

9 minutes ago, VCK said:

Back in the day it used to be March/April when we'd get the first announcement, but there's not even any rumours on the Efestivals page like there would be. All very weird.

I remember back in the 2000's we'd have to queue outside HMV from 8am up until 6pm, when the lineup would be announced and at the same time tickets went on sale. Tickets used to sell out instantly!