Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

22 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Blossoms are playing a show at YES in Manchester if you can be arsed going to get a ticket from there in person. I'm working from home today so could feasibly do it but I don't really like them, no point someone else missing out.

Only one ticket per person - £20

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Post-Kylie? I'd have thought they'd be like third from bottom of the Pyramid Stage.

Can't see them playing anywhere near that low. Granted they're very much a throwback act but were absolutely massive at one point, and have a sold out UK arena tour that I wanted to go to but refused to pay the ticket prices for.. If they were 3rd from top the field would still be absolutely rammed.

12 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Ooft, wait till gazza sees that. If they're just going to be headlining smaller festivals I hope we get them at Glastonbury again, maybe headlining Other. 

They're still not playing lower slots at major festivals (or not announced for them yet) though. Much like, eugh, Catfish and Noel Gallagher nowadays they could probably still coheadline Isle of Wight or Reading and Leeds or some crap, and I imagine this puts them right in the frame to headline All Points East the day after. Just ends them headlining Glastonbury any time soon.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

They're still not playing lower slots at major festivals though. Much like, eugh, Catfish and Noel Gallagher nowadays they could probably still coheadline Isle of Wight or Reading and Leeds or some crap, and I imagine this puts them right in the frame to headline All Points East the day after. Just ends them headlining Glastonbury any time soon.

Yeah I'm not expecting it at all, mainly for the reasons you mention. Hopefully the rest of their day at APE is better than the one above if that's where they end up.

14 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Big F for Foals. They'll be announced for Truck fest and the like next.

I dunno if its at bad as Truck (no offence to Truck) - this is clearly a festival that's looking to grow and has Noel G on the bill too, which is a bigger booking than Truck has ever had. But yeah its not the right direction. 

Hopefully they're at APE though I'd prefer em on the second weekend. 

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I'm not expecting it at all, mainly for the reasons you mention. Hopefully the rest of their day at APE is better than the one above if that's where they end up.

I saw your other post haha, if you're doing APE, you are a sub and nothing more and that's pushing it. They've got Noel this year and he's 3rd down at major festivals.

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I dunno if its at bad as Truck (no offence to Truck) - this is clearly a festival that's looking to grow and has Noel G on the bill too, which is a bigger booking than Truck has ever had. But yeah its not the right direction. 

Truck booked The Libertines.

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Well Noel's been around fairly comparable stuff like Ynot and the like hasn't he? Seems like, similarly to the Libertines, that's the (pessimistic) next step from something like that.

Don't think it affects Foals' prospects that much, depends if they bring new material out before then and now. If this is just testing material then its good booking rather then a step down.

I don't really understand the This Is Tomorrow fest. What does it mean? It sounds like they'd be pushing through new artists or something. That or it should literally be Tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah that's the thing isn't it. Major festivals are dying, middle-sized festivals are growing and the lines between headlining the two are getting blurred. Catfish headlined TIT last year, and also headlined Glasgow Green alongside Kings of Leon. There's only Glastonbury that I feel stands on its own above all those acts, but shit, Stormzy isn't a fully qualified ticket-shifter himself yet.

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Don't think it affects Foals' prospects that much, depends if they bring new material out before then and now. If this is just testing material then its good booking rather then a step down.

I don't really understand the This Is Tomorrow fest. What does it mean? It sounds like they'd be pushing through new artists or something. That or it should literally be Tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure it is actually tomorrow.

43 minutes ago, incident said:

Can't see them playing anywhere near that low. Granted they're very much a throwback act but were absolutely massive at one point, and have a sold out UK arena tour that I wanted to go to but refused to pay the ticket prices for.. If they were 3rd from top the field would still be absolutely rammed.

I really don't think Tears For Fears would anywhere near ram the Pyramid Stage playing third from top. If I were to put them in a prediction it'd probably be 5th down (I've just looked at my current one and I actually had them 6th down on the Friday but obviously they can't do that now).