Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

image.thumb.jpeg.386528fc9e056d0508e6c14c44c6ae67.jpeg

Press release talked up the big crowd they got at Electric Picnic. Not sure a crowd at a festival in County Laois that had sold out before the full lineup drop should be used as an indicator of how successful this will be. But St Patrick's weekend is the perfect time for an on sale.

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

image.thumb.jpeg.386528fc9e056d0508e6c14c44c6ae67.jpeg

Press release talked up the big crowd they got at Electric Picnic. Not sure a crowd at a festival in County Laois that had sold out before the full lineup drop should be used as an indicator of how successful this will be. But St Patrick's weekend is the perfect time for an on sale.

Its unlikely to sell out but they won't have cost very much

Its comparable to say Jungle or Demot Kennedy at APE last year, no chance of selling out but cheap to book and better than leaving the park empty

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

Seems like a colossal own goal not to have the Mary Wallopers on the bill, they've got a bit of momentum and are really bloody good live too 

Yeah, its a pretty obvious miss. They would most likely have sold an additional few thousand tickets. It's a fairly poor undercard in general. The idea of The Undertones subbing is mad. I do like Sharon Shannon but the line-up just looks like the sort of gig that would be put on at any London Irish Community Centre.

I have not seen The Wolf Tonnes since the 80's at the Hackney Empire, which is more the sized venue I would expect them to play. I don't know much about Brogeal, I think they are Scottish but am seeing them in a few weeks supporting The Mary Wallopers.

I guess if priced right, it might sell ok as a chance get all misty eyed and drink, wave flags, sing-along and salute the motherland. It just seems odd that if you wanted to put on an Irish day along the Fleadh sytle, that they could not do it better and put on a stronger line-up even if they needed to throw in a few Scottish acts. It just looks like a poor day all round.

On 3/6/2024 at 8:35 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

I like Feeder quite a bit, but ooof. There's a few biggies missing there.

You're basically getting six new songs, plus another four from their three most recent albums (read: post-imperial phase) in there. If you discount Tangerine as a mashup, you're actually only getting:

Feeling a Moment
Just the Way I'm Feeling
Insomnia
High
My Perfect Day
Buck Rogers
Just a Day

Which is seven songs.

If you can get a ticket without fees at FV of £29.50, it's alright. But if you're paying closer to £40 when all is said and done, that's kind of mad.

So I didn't go in the end, but it was quite a skinny set by the look of it: Feeder Concert Setlist at O2 Academy Oxford, Oxford on March 11, 2024 | setlist.fm

On 3/13/2024 at 4:49 PM, northernangel said:

£75 as well for a NOFX ticket for Brixton! Having a laugh!

Aye I just grabbed one of these. £65 base ticket price but then pretty much £80 with the long list of ticketmaster fees.

Stings a bit but I couldn't miss. They better not reunite in 12 months' time....

18 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

One of my favourite ever albums. Ally Pally is a tad ambitious?

Screenshot_20240315_102716_X.jpg

Was just about to share this so well done in beating me to it, you won, enjoy the money, hope it makes you happy.

I know they did Ally Pally for Turn on the Bright Lights in full in 2017 tbf. But I do agree it might be ambitious, though might also explain no show in somewhere like Brighton or Bournemouth.

Has anyone been to one of the Liam Gallagher and John Squire gigs? 

Looking at setlist fm they only played the album and a cover of Jumping Jack Flash - 50 minutes. Seems a bit of a p**s take when from memory they were charging close to £90. 

30 minutes ago, Chef said:

Looking at setlist fm they only played the album and a cover of Jumping Jack Flash - 50 minutes. Seems a bit of a p**s take when from memory they were charging close to £90. 

Pretty much what they said they would do and pretty much what people were saying about the price when they were announced.

31 minutes ago, Chef said:

They did say they would do this

You'd be mad to pay £90 for them in the first place tbh

2 hours ago, Chef said:

Ouch. Generally I think a gig being over £1 a minute is poor value and that absolutely fails the smell test.

7 hours ago, Chef said:

I went to Wolves last night. Yes, the album plus the JJF cover. Really enjoyed it, place was rammed, plenty of atmosphere and it went down well.  Jake Bugg as support which would be a £40(?) gig on its own these days?

People seem a bit obsessed by it re. the cost (£75 not £90) . *shrugs* All smacks a bit of “stop enjoying what you like”. Gigs by big names are expensive. That’s it.