Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, Padjeq said:

Robbie Williams doing a big london show next year. Taking emails for presale access, but other than that no info.

I'd say there's a very high chance that'll be BST. Just on the basis that they've only got one (lower capacity at that) night announced, and not a huge amount of rumours for the others. Whereas the various stadiums are already pretty much saturated in terms of how many shows they can accommodate.

I can very much see Robbie Williams doing the Tottenham stadium next summer - after the spurs fans covered and reworked Angel into being about Big Ange, and him doing that video saying he's a Spurs fan now, he'll come aboard and itll be a big crossover nonsense. There's two Pink dates announced for the Tottenham stadium so there's a fair bit of availability there next summer. 

I've not been for a concert there yet (and definitely bloody wont for Robbie) but its an amazing facility for football, and for other sports, now there's been a bit of a bedding in period and they've sorted the sound and access etc, its good to have stadiums used more for other things. I do love an empty football ground, its something i always check out when im in a different town and city, and seeing them used for other things is always a bit fascinating. (Williams apart, cos bollocks to him)

3 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

They’re in Dublin directly before Glastonbury so they’re very much still in the frame. Don’t think they’re listed as any kind of exclusive for APE either.

I am really hoping they're not an exclusive and end up playing somewhere like Castlefield Bowl or The Piece Hall

4 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I can very much see Robbie Williams doing the Tottenham stadium next summer - after the spurs fans covered and reworked Angel into being about Big Ange, and him doing that video saying he's a Spurs fan now, he'll come aboard and itll be a big crossover nonsense. There's two Pink dates announced for the Tottenham stadium so there's a fair bit of availability there next summer. 

I've not been for a concert there yet (and definitely bloody wont for Robbie) but its an amazing facility for football, and for other sports, now there's been a bit of a bedding in period and they've sorted the sound and access etc, its good to have stadiums used more for other things. I do love an empty football ground, its something i always check out when im in a different town and city, and seeing them used for other things is always a bit fascinating. (Williams apart, cos bollocks to him)

Is there a closer station to the stadium than Seven Sisters? I remember going to see a match at Tottenham Stadium in April of last year having gone for a wander around the West End for 2 hours beforehand, so when I got to doing first the walk from Seven Sisters tube to the stadium and then walking all the way to my seat on the top tier, I was f**king knackered.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Is there a closer station to the stadium than Seven Sisters?

Get the bus from Seven Sisters, or get the overground to White Hart Lane. Or the train to Northumberland Park (which I would recommend the least - dodgy as f**k area but might be marred by my time working w ex offenders there)

Otherwise... No.

9 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

Get the bus from Seven Sisters, or get the overground to White Hart Lane. Or the train to Northumberland Park (which I would recommend the least - dodgy as f**k area but might be marred by my time working w ex offenders there)

Otherwise... No.

Overground to WHL or Northumberland Park seemed helpful when I went tbf. Seven Sisters is on the same tube line as Euston, where I would come into the city, so it's practical in a sense, but the long walk and especially crazy queue on the way out, not so much.

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

Overground to WHL or Northumberland Park seemed helpful when I went tbf. Seven Sisters is on the same tube line as Euston, where I would come into the city, so it's practical in a sense, but the long walk and especially crazy queue on the way out, not so much.

You can continue to Tottenham Hale, which might be slightly closer, or get out at Seven Sisters and just jump on any bus with a number ending in a nine going up the High Road - they all go past the ground. I like the walk down the high road, cos I can have a beer in the High cross, the Beehive and Bluecoats, all of which are great pubs 👍 having a beer after the game always ensures the queues have died down and you can get straight on a tube. 
you can go from Liverpool Street and get a train to either Northumberland park or white hart lane, both of which are a five minute wander from the ground, but I like the chance to get thirsty to be honest! 

Edited by balti-pie

4 minutes ago, sedra said:

Both played Victorious festival this year - went down well with the demographic there. 

I've seen both live and was up for going to their day at Victorious but couldn't due to a scheduling conflict tbf. Just fair to note this is 10 years on from Kasabian's first Leicester VP show, and indeed will be 20 years on from Kasabian's debut. So a lot of anniversaries to celebrate indeed.