Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

desperately trying to find some tickets for Barry Can't Swim tonight in Hackney Church. Nothing on twickets and twitter is just FULL of scammers - I used to be able to reliably use twitter for gig tickets on the day but its a cess-pit right now. On the off chance if anyone here has a ticket going spare I'll happily purchase!

12 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Live at Leeds 2024 lineup announcement this morning.

Would love to see The Cribs and Future Islands show up on the farm.

F_nE2PYXcAAsZ_v.jpeg

good undercard on this - hope community ends up similar to this with a better headliner

6 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Reading Festival is making its first announcement tonight. Seems to be that Blink-182, Fred Again and Lana Del Rey are doing it.

First 10 names confirmed - headliners are Fred Again, Lana Del Rey, Liam Gallagher, Catfish & The Bottlemen, blink-182 and Gerry Cinnamon, plus spots for Skrillex, Raye, Spiritbox and Digga D.

Make of that what you will.

4 minutes ago, charlierc said:

First 10 names confirmed - headliners are Fred Again, Lana Del Rey, Liam Gallagher, Catfish & The Bottlemen, blink-182 and Gerry Cinnamon, plus spots for Skrillex, Raye, Spiritbox and Digga D.

Make of that what you will.

That Fred/Liam day will be an instant sell out surely. Liam doing Definitely Maybe as well.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Have they confirmed who will be paired with who for their dual main-stage thing?

Consensus seems to be Fred/Liam with Fred on last at Reading and Liam on last at Leeds. Not too sure on other pairings though.

edit: think it’s Lana/Catfish and Blink/Gerry

Edited by FloopFiller

15 minutes ago, Drinky said:

After this year’s meltdown, let’s see how Lana gets on when some of the R&L lads hoy a pint or two of dark-fruits-imbued piss up from the pit 

Yeah interested to see how she goes down. It’s a great booking, but not sure a field of gurning teenagers is gonna appreciate her brand of slow melancholy pop very much. 

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

Maybe AM would've gone down better at Glasto last year if they brought out their cover of that one:

Sincerely one of my favourite covers, something charming about "fift wrapped kitty cat" in his accent, the laughing during it and sort of half hearted backing vocals 😄 

5 minutes ago, lemons said:

Sincerely one of my favourite covers, something charming about "fift wrapped kitty cat" in his accent, the laughing during it and sort of half hearted backing vocals 😄 

Years ago my friends' band did a version of it based on this one, which linked me to it. It's quite good, plus I enjoy how much fun it sounds like they had doing it.

On 11/22/2023 at 11:39 AM, NorthernSoul52 said:

F_eW-zsWQAAyxod?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Flipping heck - these triggered a memory, they opened for Oasis at Old Trafford cricket ground around 2002. Swedish i think, forerunners to the Hives! Richard Ashcroft was sub if i recall correctly.